The hunt continues....

Hildegard

Nope. I never post when I'm angry. It prevents me from thinking clearly...

I make enough mistakes (such as the whole deal with the Danish and the Dutch) when I'm cool, thank you.  :wub:

Good point, but how will you get the final word if you just stop when anger builds up? :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking of changing it for Will Ferrell, but Vash beat me to it.  :blink:

Surely there is enough Will Ferrell for all of us, no? :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I hate Will Ferrell.

*Hades begins to sing a tune similar to Pinky and the Brain*

The Danish and the Dutch

The Danish and the Dutch

One is for breakfast

the other is for lunch.

They are two different countries

People that have nothing to do with me

They are the Danish and the Dutch!

Dutch!

Dutch!

Dutch!

Edited by Judge Hades

I don't support any atrocities, Mothman, but what a country does within its own borders is not my business.  That is the business of the government and its people of that nation.  Sure it is a sad and evil thing when millions are put to death but that is their problem, not mine.

And that's why I'm glad people like you aren't in the White House. And when I said "You support atrocities of a different kind", I was referring to your post about supporting the complete and utter destruction of Japan. That just shows what a low regard of human life you show. You seem to care not for the millions of innocent lives that would be lost as a result. A lot of people hate us for using nukes on Japan, do you really think your philosphy would improve things in any way?

(sue them for what, exactly?)  :blink:

Snow white, Beauty and the Beast, the Cinderella Story? All copyrighted by Disney now. :angry: You guys should at least get 50% of Disney's profits from films and theme parks!

4 real?

Not to mention Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin and countless minor rip-offs. <_<

I don't think any of those origins from Denmark, I'm afraid.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

First about Di's response in the locked thread about how we Europeans are whiny about attacks on our nation. Well, in my case I was just giving Commissar the reason why we are not that fanatical of war. The US never being invaded by foreign countries has no idea what it exactly means to be occupied, but many European countries do understand that. And usually I only defend Europe when somebody twists history again, like claiming Afrika and Amerika got the same chances during the Imperialistic time, or how the US saved us, but only started after they got attacked themselves.

And Europeans can post (and will) post enough bad stuff about themselves too, or did you never hear a European say how awfull our Second Worldwar was, how the Imperialistic time was occupation of the locals and how we screwed up in Kosovo and such?

Well, no surprise, I don't see it that way.  I do not know which holy sites you are referring to that we put bases in during the 70's.  I agree we should never have supported Iraq in the war against Iran, but the USA was hardly the only country that took sides there, and around the ME for that matter.  Bad choice.  Hindsight is 20/20.  True, the USA (and many other countries) are allies of Israel, but we certainly didn't create the country of Israel.  The UN did, when the British turned over what was then British land for that purpose.  Your accusation about millions of deaths is just rhetoric, IMHO.

UN had nothing to do with the Creation of Israel (after all, the UN was created after WO II and Israel just before/during). After WO I England got that country, but they were having troubles by the Arabic who wanted to have the English out of there. When WO II started/was underway alot of European countries wanted to get rid of the Jews (not the same way as Germany though). So the English made their area there which they couldn't hold anymore suitable for the Jews to come in. Due to economical malaise due to WO II England would have never been able to help Israel there and keep their position in the ME...

EDIT: Actually, it was made in 1948, which would be after the WO II. But it was still made without the UN

Who said we would be business partners.  As long as Germany didn't bother us why should we have bothered them?  I would have saught to totally annihilate Japan for their attacks on Pearl harbor.  I mean, complete destruction to the point that the lands of their island would be unuseable to sustain human life.  You attack the US, you pay for it.  You leave the US alone we leave you alone.

I would guess you guys would really love it. The war in Europe DOUBLED the income of your country, and also gave the communists in Russia (Enemy) alot of trouble. Hell, you guys probably didn't care alot about Hitler untill he sided with Japan after Pearl Harbor and declared war on the US. Hadn't he done that, the US probably didn't intervine, or alot later in the war...

As for Al Qaeda we should have never aided them in the 70's and 80's.  We should have never bothered Iraq and their politics.  We should never have backed israel.  But what is done is done and nothing that the typical pssiant American citizen can do about it.  More death and more pain on the way because of our idiot leaders.  Voting our politics is useless as well because the idiots of this country are cleary in the majority.

But you guys did. Didn't care about local stuff if the great risk known as "communism" was kept at bay. Didn't matter how many enemies it would make (Al-Quada in Afghanistan) or how many soldiers would die (Vietnam), all that was of importance was to keep communism out and up the Kapitalism, which, in Vietnams case, wasn't even kapitalism (it was imperialism)

Edited by Battlewookiee

Good point, but how will you get the final word if you just stop when anger builds up?  :)

I ain't telling you all my trade secrets, man!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And that's why I'm glad people like you aren't in the White House.  And when I said "You support atrocities of a different kind", I was referring to your post about supporting the complete and utter destruction of Japan.  That just shows what a low regard of human life you show.  You seem to care not for the millions of innocent lives that would be lost as a result.  A lot of people hate us for using nukes on Japan, do you really think your philosphy would improve things in any way?

You talk to the man who want's to nuke Osama out of his cave, and want's to level Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/North-Korea etc.

Edited by Battlewookiee

And that's why I'm glad people like you aren't in the White House.  And when I said "You support atrocities of a different kind", I was referring to your post about supporting the complete and utter destruction of Japan.  That just shows what a low regard of human life you show.  You seem to care not for the millions of innocent lives that would be lost as a result.  A lot of people hate us for using nukes on Japan, do you really think your philosphy would improve things in any way?

They attacked us first. Those who do not leave us alone in peace earn their fate. I don't particular care how other countries perceive us as long as they leave us alone and we leave them alone.

Edited by Judge Hades

I don't think any of those origins from Denmark, I'm afraid.

Didn't a guy named Anderson collect and write most of them ages ago? I thought you'd know it better than I did.

Hans Christian Andersen made a lot of fairy tales, but not any of those as far as I know. I had to wiki it to be sure, since what you told me sounded too good to be true.

Though if you're right, it would be sweet.

DENMARK!

Good point, but how will you get the final word if you just stop when anger builds up?  :)

I ain't telling you all my trade secrets, man!

Not fair!

I'll get wookiecookie to make you tell me.

DENMARK!

You talk to the man who want's to nuke Osama out of his cave, and want's to level Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/North-Korea etc.

Yeah, and have we used nukes yet? No. Have we leveled any of the countries you mentioned? No. Are we currently in two of those countries spending time, money, and LIVES to try to rebuild them? YES. Of course, you're so laughably anti-U.S. biased you won't admit that even when facts are shoved in your face. You'll look for anything to support to justify your anti-U.S. views, even if it means making stuff up, as you did above. :)

They attacked us first.  Those who do not leave us alone in peace earn their fate.  I don't particular care how other countries perceive us as long as they leave us alone and we leave them alone.

Did I mention that autarchy doesn't work? :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If the Iraq government had the ability to do so then who am I to argue? Of course I would fight against it, that is just human nature, but if it comes to that yes, it is their right to defend themselves and eliminate any threats. From the head of state to the most insignificant citizen.

UN had nothing to do with the Creation of Israel (after all, the UN was created after WO II and Israel just before/during). After WO I England got that country, but they were having troubles by the Arabic who wanted to have the English out of there. When WO II started/was underway alot of European countries wanted to get rid of the Jews (not the same way as Germany though). So the English made their area there which they couldn't hold anymore suitable for the Jews to come in. Due to economical malaise due to WO II England would have never been able to help Israel there and keep their position in the ME...

I'm sorry, I do not believe that is correct. " Israel was created in 1948, after UN Resolution 181 partitioned the territory of the British Mandate for Palestine into two states for Jews and Palestinian Arabs. The Arabs objected to the creation of the Jewish state and fought a war against it. The Arab side lost the war, and the Palestinian state never really came into being. The territory allotted to the Palestinian state by the UN partition resolution was taken over by Israel and Jordan. About 780,000 Palestinians became refugees"

Source.

I won't respond to your comments about the locked thread, since it was locked for a reason.

...But you guys did. Didn't care about local stuff if the great risk known as "communism" was kept at bay. Didn't matter how many enemies it would make (Al-Quada in Afghanistan) or how many soldiers would die (Vietnam), all that was of importance was to keep capitilism out and up the Kapitalism, which, in Vietnams case, wasn't even kapitalism (it was imperialism)

Just to put in context when you drag out the old VietNam thing, you may want to keep in mind how the USA got into VietNam in the first place. You see, the USA wanted France to join NATO. France was at that time embroiled in a funny little place called VietNam. Now France, being brighter than the USA at the time, made a deal... they would join NATO if we gave them a hand in VietNam. We stupidly agreed. Within a couple of years, France left VietNam and it became the graveyard for 58,160 Americans.

While you are tossing historical blame around, don't forget to include all the participants!

Yeah, and have we used nukes yet?  No.  Have we leveled any of the countries you mentioned?  No.  Are we currently in two of those countries spending time, money, and LIVES to try to rebuild them?  YES.  Of course, you're so laughably anti-U.S. biased you won't admit that even when facts are shoved in your face.  You'll look for anything to support to justify your anti-U.S. views, even if it means making stuff up, as you did above.  :)

That is our weakness. Since we did not wipe out Al Qaeda and the nations that support them entirely then coming home we have let Al Qaeda recover and over extended our resources. We are in a weaker position if we just went in, wiped them all out, then come home.

We are not nor should we be the police force for the world.

Edited by Judge Hades

Yeah, and have we used nukes yet? No. Have we leveled any of the countries you mentioned? No. Are we currently in two of those countries spending time, money, and LIVES to try to rebuild them? YES. Of course, you're so laughably anti-U.S. biased you won't admit that even when facts are shoved in your face. You'll look for anything to support to justify your anti-U.S. views, even if it means making stuff up, as you did above. :)

:)

Sorry?

Did you actually read my post, or seen which line I quoted and said that after?

Yeah, and have we used nukes yet? No. Have we leveled any of the countries you mentioned? No. Are we currently in two of those countries spending time, money, and LIVES to try to rebuild them? YES. Of course, you're so laughably anti-U.S. biased you won't admit that even when facts are shoved in your face. You'll look for anything to support to justify your anti-U.S. views, even if it means making stuff up, as you did above. :sorcerer:

:)

Sorry?

Did you actually read my post, or seen which line I quoted and said that after?

You quoted my post regarding Hades' attitude toward Japan. The way you said it, it sounded like you might have been referring to President Bush. If you meant Hades, sorry for the misunderstanding. :) BUT...I stand by some of the things I said. ;)

If the Iraq government had the ability to do so then who am I to argue?  Of course I would fight against it, that is just human nature, but if it comes to that yes, it is their right to defend themselves and eliminate any threats.  From the head of state to the most insignificant citizen.

You are joking, right? By your reasoning, even Oskar Schindler should be hanged for merely being a member of the Nazi Party.

I'm sorry, I do not believe that is correct. " Israel was created in 1948, after UN Resolution 181 partitioned the territory of the British Mandate for Palestine into two states for Jews and Palestinian Arabs. The Arabs objected to the creation of the Jewish state and fought a war against it. The Arab side lost the war, and the Palestinian state never really came into being. The territory allotted to the Palestinian state by the UN partition resolution was taken over by Israel and Jordan. About 780,000 Palestinians became refugees"

Indeed. The original post already had that added before this reply. The UN didn't make Israel however. England made Palestina into Israel, the UN just had to handle that it actually became that... it was not forced up by the UN as you stated in the post where I replied to...

...But you guys did. Didn't care about local stuff if the great risk known as "communism" was kept at bay. Didn't matter how many enemies it would make (Al-Quada in Afghanistan) or how many soldiers would die (Vietnam), all that was of importance was to keep capitilism out and up the Kapitalism, which, in Vietnams case, wasn't even kapitalism (it was imperialism)

Just to put in context when you drag out the old VietNam thing, you may want to keep in mind how the USA got into VietNam in the first place. You see, the USA wanted France to join NATO. France was at that time embroiled in a funny little place called VietNam. Now France, being brighter than the USA at the time, made a deal... they would join NATO if we gave them a hand in VietNam. We stupidly agreed. Within a couple of years, France left VietNam and it became the graveyard for 58,160 Americans.

While you are tossing historical blame around, don't forget to include all the participants!

Somebody didn't read the bolded part, or missed to see the connection with France in these words

Edited by Battlewookiee