catalyst 5.9

I tried Catalyst 5.9 in Dantooine (KotOR2) without the "Disable Vertex Buffer" - fix ... and it worked just fine. No slow down at all.

With previous drivers FPS in Dantooine was about 1 frame per 5 seconds.

I have Asus X800 PCie card.

Edited by Ileria

if i recall, both cards HAD it but both have now fixed it. If i recall Nvidia fixed their a fair while ago and ATI fixed theirs recently (along with "glow" effects).

I may be wrong, so dont hald me to it.

Its because I am currently using my Mom's 6800GT since my 9800Pro randomly crashes my games, while on her machine, it works fine. :/

But the 6800GT works fine, but i still get the Dantooine slowdown....but it isn't as bad as it was when ATI didn't fix it.

my only adivce is to use the disable buffer vertex thing then, thats all i can think of trying if you still have a problem. a 6800gt should be more then comfortable with dantooine so it shouldnthave a slowdown.

I'm actually sitting in wait for my 6800gt, it'll becoming in the mail in around 2 hours!

my only adivce is to use the disable buffer vertex thing then, thats all i can think of trying if you still have a problem. a 6800gt should be more then comfortable with dantooine so it shouldnthave a slowdown.

I'm actually sitting in wait for my 6800gt, it'll becoming in the mail in around 2 hours!

Its a pretty good card, even though in some areas, my 9800Pro card is faster, it just seems that the Nvidia is more compatible with the games.

But i have noticed that with the disable thing on, some parts slow down else where....not as bad as Dantooine with the disable thing off, but its still something that shouldn't happen at all.

I tried Catalyst 5.9 in Dantooine (KotOR2) without the "Disable Vertex Buffer" - fix ... and it worked just fine. No slow down at all.

With previous drivers FPS in Dantooine was about 1 frame per 5 seconds.

I have Asus X800 PCie card.

Good to hear! I did have my doubts when I saw the Dantooine fix in the changelogs of 5.9, after seeing it in 5.8. I've got a GeCube X800XL PCIe card).

I was gonna play K2 again but I'm hit right now with some mystery fever which has made me a very useless person :(

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)