Favorite Game Villan

Calax

You mean you are going toto finally end your endless rambling and let this thread run its course? (w00t)

So, for you:

Incoherent gibberish = debate.

Rational, well formulated debate = "endless rambling".

Boy, you really do live in Bizarro World. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Don't dodge the question. I'm not saying in general. This is a game forum. I'm saying what makes a good game villain. I gave you my definiton in one sentence. So step up and pitch yours!

And quit double posting, cornsarnit.  :ermm:

Fine I'll bite:

In the case of SoA, a villain that helps in some way shape or form advance the main storyline of the saga. Did Irenicus do this? Then no. He fails my definition by default.

image002.gifLancer

Don't dodge the question. I'm not saying in general. This is a game forum. I'm saying what makes a good game villain. I gave you my definiton in one sentence. So step up and pitch yours!

And quit double posting, cornsarnit.  :ermm:

Fine I'll bite:

In the case of SoA, a villain that helps in some way shape or form advance the main storyline of the saga. Did Irenicus do this? Then no. He fails my definition by default.

I swear we had this thread split to move this discussion to another thread, so would you two give it a rest already? :huh:"

Yes, you have already made that point in previous posts. And it has been defused as well.

The problem here is that you keep trying to search for solid arguments to back your tastes. There is no such thing, as it's more of an emotional question than a rational one, and if you keep trying, you will keep failing. :ermm:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Groovy.

I am not sure I agree with you in the SoA context, but not so much I'd make a big deal of it.

Totally disagree in general terms though. A villain doesn't necessarily have to connect to the 'saga' or life story of the character. I wouldn't want to sit down at a design session with that definition as my objective. Far too manga for my liking. Not to mention the fact that as a player I want the life story to be my own bloody choice!

I'm not sure how sarevok really advances the saga. Need some elucidation.

Glad to be back on solid ground, however.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Id is good until you find out his secret, I prefer the "most powerful man"/wiseman... I will give Xenogears props for having very very complicated villans.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Groovy.

I am not sure I agree with you in the SoA context, but not so much I'd make a big deal of it.

Totally disagree in general terms though. A villain doesn't necessarily have to connect to the 'saga' or life story of the character. I wouldn't want to sit down at a design session with that definition as my objective. Far too manga for my liking. Not to mention the fact that as a player I want the life story to be my own bloody choice!

I'm not sure how sarevok really advances the saga. Need some elucidation.

Glad to be back on solid ground, however.

I think he just needed a way to try to rank Sarevok higher. I don't know many villains that connect to the saga or life story of the character.

Id is good until you find out his secret, I prefer the "most powerful man"/wiseman... I will give Xenogears props for having very very complicated villans.

With the wiseman I am assuming you mean Graf?

I thought Id became even more interesting once you found out his secret. And it was quite a secret indeed! He was just so purely evil capable of destroying entire cities by himself and driving Ramsus mad. And he had an "aura" of coolness mixed in with that cool theme song of his that really set him apart.

It was a b**** too to fight him the first time. That was the hardest fight in the game for me.

And you are right about Xenogear's villains. They were certainly more complex than anything in the BG games.

image002.gifLancer

I also have soft spot in my heart for Rance Culzus and The Commander from Target Earth for the Genesis. This was the first game that left me in awe. Being a space nut, this game captivated me more than any other at the time. I have beaten it hundreds of times (literally) and in fact, I have beaten it a couple more times just a couple of weeks ago.

I am even devising plans of making my own homebrew PNP campaign based on that one game.

Gosh, how I *love* Target Earth :p

image002.gifLancer

With the wiseman I am assuming you mean Graf?

I thought Id became even more interesting once you found out his secret. And it was quite a secret indeed! He was just so purely evil capable of destroying entire cities by himself and driving Ramsus mad. And he had an "aura" of coolness mixed in with that cool theme song of his that really set him apart.

It was a b**** too to fight him the first time. That was the hardest fight in the game for me.

And you are right about Xenogear's villains. They were certainly more complex than anything in the BG games.

I said wiseman because I didn't remeber his name. I should point out that Ramus was well on his way to insanity because of Id and was only pushed over by Miang and Graf...

Oh! I'm going to add JC Denton to this list!

the endings of the Invisible war have to deal with wiping out all the other leaders for the faction you work for. JC is one of them.

Oh! I'm going to add JC Denton to this list!

the endings of the Invisible war have to deal with wiping out all the other leaders for the faction you work for. JC is one of them.

He's not a villain as such, though you're right, it all depends on your alignment I suppose. I do think though that

Luminon Saman was the by far the better villain

I think someone has already mention Walton Simons, that dastardly G man!

I was talking about Invisible War. IW would have been good if it had kept several of the mechanics of the first one.