NHL 06 or NHL2k6?

Hurlshort

I actually kinda like the flopping goaltenders...it simulates the fact that once a goalie goes down, the net opens up a bunch. It may look a bit silly, but until they figure out a way to show a goalie drop to his knees, it's the best we have.

I do agree that there are a lot of goals scored...I'm going to try it on hard and see what happens...hopefully the defense gets better.

I'm getting the hang of playing defence. Only one powerplay goal has passed through my crease in the last eighteen chances.

And what is up with the eastern teams? I was just spanked by Toronto! Toronto!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The rosters are still pretty outdated unfortunately. Had to make some moves to put Palffy/Leclair on Pittsburgh, and Hamrlik onto Calgary, as well as Lindros onto Toronto.

Too much movement this summer for poor sports game developers to have accurate rosters.

My hacked XBox connects directly to the internet and downloads updated rosters and such for me.

In the NCAA Football game, you can't license player names according to NCAA rules. But I can download a roster with names for all 120 teams. It beats putting them in manually.

I can download roster updates for NHL 2006 as well.

But there isn't one at the moment, which means that many moves haven't happened yet. Likewise, the retirements of Messier, Damphousse, Stevens, and MacInnis are not represented either. It's too bad that a player is only part of the NHLPA once they've played in an NHL game, because that means none of the high profile rookies that have never played an NHL game (i.e. Crosby, Ovechkin) are not in the game.

I'm sure some crazy person will go through and fix the rosters, as well as adding all the prospects. I just won a thriller in OT. Going up against a good goaltender is rough, I though I was going to lose until I scored in the last minute.

Peca and Reasoner on the PK is the bomb. Have you noticed that they made Georges Laraque an ironing board with skates? Talk about slow.

My last few games have been a real exercise in comeback wins. I go down 3-0 in the first period, then my team snoozes until the third period. If thats not Oiler hockey, I don't know what is... :thumbsup:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I was thinking I'd be using Sundin on powerplays, in boxplay and as an offensive force in even strength. But, just as Georges Laraque, they've made Sundin slow as hell. I have no idea why, because he's not slow at all in real life. He has very long legs though, so his skating looks almost as it's going in slow motion, but he sure picks up speed anyhow. It's quite annoying that I've scored more with Domi than with Sundin.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think it's just that the fast players are VERY fast. Pronger has a speed rating of 81 or so, but has a hard time playing defense. Don't even think about pinching up with him. Bergeron on the other hand has a speed of 94 or something, and can be in the slot, and still be first man back on defense.

It's quite annoying that I've scored more with Domi than with Sundin.

Tell me Mkreku, do you still have Ron Francis in your roster? If so how is he? I creamed him on the boards a few times during a loss to the Leafs but he still lit the lamp twice.

And howcome its virtually impossible to shake Mark Messier off the puck? I have been playing Igor Ulanov a lot in my sim season, and there isn't anyone he can't mow down. Except for the moose. Go figure. Bertuzzi goes down like a stack of pancakes but a 44 year old man burns me every time.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Tell me Mkreku, do you still have Ron Francis in your roster?  If so how is he?  I creamed him on the boards a few times during a loss to the Leafs but he still lit the lamp twice.

Yeah, he is still a Leaf, but I haven't noticed anything particular about him. I did, however, notice that when I cream anyone against the boards, the glass shatters. Sometimes not even the pane of glass behind the player being creamed, but the glass next to it. Is this happening to everyone? I just take Belak, gain some speed and ram them into the board, and in 50% of the case the glass shatters (ok, slight exaggeration). Highly annoying. And it's made more so by the fact that the game has a tendency to show slow-mo's of it 3 times or so before resuming play.

I noticed Sundin has 86 in speed. I wonder why he feels like a slug on the ice. His balance is 99..

I usually end up with 30-35 hits per game, but then again.. I've noticed that's the best way for my Leafs to play defence: slam them against the boards and carry them out on stretchers. The Leafs team description is 'physical'.. :)

Human players are always the epitome of physical play in NHL games :sorcerer:

I get some insane hit totals at times, although I've shown more restraint as most goals scored against me are when I miss hits.

The hip checks look fantastic though! All in all hitting looks pretty good.

Oh, I heard that the Speed attribute is also affected by size. So a guy with 99 speed that's big and bulky isn't going to be as fast as a tiny guy. So sayeth my roommate anyways. I haven't really looked into it, but it would explain why Bergeron is like lightning!

Although MAB did score his first PP goal on a beauty top corner slapshot against detroit the other day! :D

I like the hip checks as well. Although for some strange reason the ref likes to call those as 'tripping' against my team sometimes. MAB must be sleeping with the game designers. Fast as the wind and he can also take out Bertuzzi(?) with a big check. I just wish he had more than 3 goals on the season... :sorcerer:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I just played a game against Philadelphia. Have you met Peter Forsberg yet? Apparently he's faster than Niedermeyer, stronger than Pronger (hey, it rhymes!) and shoots like Brett Hull. Impossible to knock off the puck, delivers thundering hits, steals the puck all over the rink and scores on every second shot on goal. He had a hattrick against my shocked and stunned Leafs. I'm not even gonna say what the final score was! I hate this game.

So Alanschu I assume you are using the Oilers. What are your lines like? Do you even bother to do dress Cory Cross? In my sim I traded him to St.Louis for Matt Walker, because he's half the salary. And he's from Beaverlodge, which is only about half an hour from my place.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well, I created myself :wub:

I'm rated 80, and a playmaker. I'm not overly fast or anything, but I have a decent Hero Rating and am a good passer.

Smyth-Me-Dvorak

Torres-Peca-Hemsky

Moreau-Reasoner-Horcoff

Salmeliman-Stoll-Pisani

Pronger-Bergeron

Smith-Staios

Ulanov-Semenov

I still have Cross, but haven't been looking to shop him around too much. It might be something that happens towards the trade deadline.