NHL 06 or NHL2k6?

Hurlshort

Those are decent. Salmeliman had two really good games when I put him on my top line while he had a hot streak. I've been trying to give everybody some ice time so the next season doesn't have a huge retrograde in their ratings. Except for my rearguards.

Here's what mine look like:

Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky

Torres-Peca-Dvorak

the RPM line

fourth line left wing duties rotate then Stoll and Laraque

Pronger-Myself

Bergeron-Ulanov/Semenov

Smith-Staios

Horcoff ended up finishing as the top scorer, with 43-59/102. Peca hit 80 points while only missing 3 games with the flu. I of course ruled the d with 13-44/57. I am a terrible puck hog.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I simmed about ten or so games. I've been on holidays since Friday, so its left me a lot of time for hockey. When I do sim games I find I don't get any points.

Pronger had five, MAB had 3. Smith and Staios each had one. Ully and Semenov didn't find the twine at all. I should add a fair bit of my goals were empty netters. Although I did score two in a game back to back by skating behind a crowd in front of the net. It totally reminded me of the old days of NHL2000.

600 posts!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I played the first few games on easy to get the rust out. After that I've been playing at the medium difficulty. I win most of my games, but still get spanked every few matches. **** you Toronto and New Jersey. Sorry for the venting.

I think my highest scoring game was like a 10-5 romp over Calgary in the first round of my current playoffs. You should watch out for March, Alan. Its arguably one of the tougher months in the schedule. I barely reached .500. With a four game losing streak with back to back losses against the Canucks sandwiched in between.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I switched to Difficult, and it's pretty much what I expected. I can still score fairly well, but the opponents are now impossible to knock off the puck, faster, and you can't even poke check them anymore.

You thought Peter Forsberg was bad? I can't even knock over Daniel Sedin with Pronger. Yet they breathe heavily on me and I lose the puck. I'll give it more of a try, but it's hard to play defense when you're giving up 3-0 rushes (and that's while trying to play stay at home defense) because your guys now move slower, and their guys move faster.

I get a ton of tripping penalties trying to poke check, and if I hit them they kind of wobble, but don't lose the puck. Unfortunately though, my teammate AI does something stupid usually and leaves the guy in front of the net wide open.

I've lost all 3 games on difficult so far, 1 in regulation and 2 in OT.

My best game at Medium was an 11-0 drubbing of Detroit. Peca was a 2 PPG man, I was a 2.5 PPG man, and I had the top 5 players in the overall points list. (Smyth, Me, Peca, Dvorak, Torres....Hemsky was in the top 10 though). Peca has like 12 SHG so far, and I'm like 30 games in. I think I've scored more SHG than I have let in PPG :)

Oh noes.

I just played a game against Vancouver on Difficult, and won 26-5.

I learned how to score in the second period, when I put in 10 goals in 10 minutes (at 5 minute periods to boot) of the second period. If I win the center ice face off, I can score about 90% of the time.

Now, Dvorak had 6 goals with 2 assists...but my guy had 1 goal, with 11 assists.

They gave the 1st star to Dvorak, but really, 12 points in a single game? Considering all 6 of Dvorak's goals were assisted by me. In fact, I got assists on 8 of those 2nd period goals when I decided that the Vancouver goalies don't deserve good GAA. Not to mention the 8 consecutive faceoffs I won ;)"

I question whether this game was actually play tested. You can't change your lines or pull your goalie when you are the away team. I can change the opponents, but not my own. Also, it seems impossible to get open, take a good shot, and score. But it's way easy to score one-timers and such. That's typical EA hockey though.

Still, it's pretty, and I like the varied player animations.

I finally won my first Stanley Cup this afternoon. It was a seven game series against Toronto. My created player picked up the Norris Trophy as well as the Conn Smythe. Good times. Good times.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif