Icewind Dale

Sereyna

Is it still possible to buy the expansion Heart of Winter in stores anywhere? I restarted this game about a month ago on my laptop, and never played the expansion part of it. I can't seem to find it anywhere though. An aquaintance told me to just get it off of Limewire, but isn't that kind of , um...., a bit unethical? I dont know. He said he's fairly sure they don't make it anymore and its either that or Ebay, but I want to stay legal . I am the halo-wearing Lawful Good Paladin princess after all! :( Black Isle no longer being around was another subject of conversation, he saying that makes the downloading of it ok. He is the dumbest smart guy I know at times though, so I decided to ask you all. Any help appreciated!!

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

uh... i have no idea

but then again, i only bought it like a month ago, and i haven't seen the expansion anywhere (i'm trying to find it too) :(

only thing i can suggest is Ebay or something...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Finding Heart of Winter's original standalone release at present would be exceedingly unlikely. However, the 'Ultimate Collection' release, complete with IWD1, IWD:HoW, IWD2, sound track and bonus materials sells for less than HoW sold for originally on its own at most game stores (I've twice seen it for $25CDN recently), so this is clearly the sensible choice if you feel the need to pay for a hard copy.

Mind you, seeing as Black Isle doesn't exist anymore, nor do Interplay or Titus in any meaningful sense, it's not like you're benefiting anyone other than the game shop who put it on the shelf by buying it.

Is it still possible to buy the expansion Heart of Winter in stores anywhere?  I restarted this game about a month ago on my laptop, and never played the expansion part of it.  I can't seem to find it anywhere though. An aquaintance told me to just get it off of Limewire, but isn't that kind of , um...., a bit unethical?  I dont know.  He said he's fairly sure they don't make it anymore and its either that or Ebay, but I want to stay legal  . I am the halo-wearing Lawful Good Paladin princess after all!    :(  Black Isle no longer being around was another subject of conversation, he saying that makes the downloading of it  ok.  He is the dumbest smart guy I know at times though, so I decided to ask you all.  Any help appreciated!!

You can't just buy the expansion pack any more, you have to buy Icewind Dale: Ultimate Collection. You can buy that off on Gamestop for $29.99 (Or if you're lucky you can find it at Fry's for less). It has alot of stuff in it. A collection that contains "Icewind Dale" + expansion "Heart of Winter", "Icewind Dale II", an Icewind Dale-Soundtrack CD with 51 music tracks from IWD I, and finally an Icewind Dale II-Bonus CD with an additional level, eight character portraits, a trailer and some MP3s.

There are two printed reference cards in the box, the manuals are on disc as pdf-files.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I'm playin' Icewind Dale now. It's a great game. But i have no experience with any IE games and i'm not a into adnd stuff. So i thought "i should ask some questions to guys at obsidian forums".

- I've a ranger in IWD with bow skill of ++ and sword skill ++ initially. Now i have a one free skill point, but i cannot increase these two skills with one skill point. I think i need at least two skill points to increase them. Waiting for a new skill point is the solution? But i wanna level-up my ranger.

Ridiculous i think.

centinexx.png

AFAIK only teh warriorz can attain grandmastery in any given weapon category.

So you're better off putting it in some other weapon category such as two-handed/bastard swords, just in case. (Not familiar with the itemization in IWD so I can't guarantee that any of the aforementioned weapon skills will be useful there)

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I'm playin' Icewind Dale now. It's a great game. But i have no experience with any IE games and i'm not a into adnd stuff. So i thought  "i should ask some questions to guys at obsidian forums".

- I've a ranger  in IWD with bow skill of ++ and sword skill ++ initially.  Now i have a one free skill point, but i cannot increase these two skills with one skill point. I think i need at least two skill points to increase them. Waiting for a new skill point is the solution? But i wanna level-up my ranger.

Ridiculous i think.

I think you have maxed out those proficiencies as a ranger. You must be a fighter to further increase them. So use you extra point on something else.