X-Men RPG

Hurlshort

I just picked this up for a few bucks because I was craving an RPG, and I'm surprised at how good it is. I was worried it would be vapid like BG: Dark Alliance, but it's a very fun romp through a comic book world. The graphics are nice on the Xbox, and there is a very cool comic book look to it. I just started it, so I'll see how the story turns out, but if you're looking for a bargain, check it out.

and you can use the brotherhood characters this time... Who calls themselves the brotherhood of evil _____?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

X-Men Legends had some good points and bad points.

DA-style games are best when played multiplayer. However, when playing Legends multiplayer, the other players must sit and wait around. In between combat, you walk around the Xavier mansion to explore and talk to NPCs. The story and exploration is a nice break from the non-stop combat of DA, but it forces the game into single-player mode for a while.

The game is also quite short. I am eager to see what is improved in Legends 2.

Lengends was very, very cool. I had bag loads of fun with that one. Shocking, since I expected a DA clone. 4 player co-op was teh sh1tz nitz! :cool:

However, for those that will get Legends 2 for PC (and haven't played the first), don't expect a deep, intricate RPG. But do expect to have a blast...maybe even with Cyclops' Optic Beam. :D

manthing2.jpg

Not quite eru, if you read the "essencial" xmen (the ones from the seventies) Magneto calls his little troupe the "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants"

I just hope that the multiplayer isn't as bad as the Third Age's was. oh and 2 Player sucked on the PS2, because you didn't control all the characters so you'd often as not have sombody run off and try to take on 50 things that were about 4 levels too strong for you and die like a pathetic little rascle..

I think it's just BoM, without the evil moniker this time.

Anyway, if 2 comes on PC; I'm off to store right away.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

This is *very* far down my list right now.

Due to my recent WoW addiction, I haven't even picked up RE4 yet. And I'm still stuck in chapter 1 in DS2. So I've got quite a backlog right now, with no improvement in sight. :lol:

EDIT: Ah well. With DS2, I hardly need another DA-styled adventure, anyway. Been quite content with Diablo Wannabe 2 on LANs so far, so I guess Legends won't be a necessity. Still got to play RE4 soon, though. :/

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

the AI is better than those for the extras in K2. but they don't use their powers enough and somtimes the camera will lock and not follow you in a certain position. you often miss some of the more important stuff and can't go back and grab it because you can't replay missions in the danger room or anything. Combat is handled well but for some characters like cyclops its horrible because they rely almost totally on their energy to attack. so later on if their power gets drained you have major problems. anyway it's an entirly new "universe" for the Xmen, so it didn't have to fit into the backlog of comics. it has eastereggs all over for people.

Voice acting is good, except for the primary viewpoint between missions. she (i think) has the same voice as tandi from fallout. but the effect your given is that it's a black chick playing a white middle class girl... it's horrible.

Oh great...their powers are limited to how much energy they have? Thats such a cliche  <_<

otherwise people would have Cyke's eyes going permantly making the game to easy...