The ever present plot twist

That was a wonderful story, do u have any more?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

That was a wonderful story, do u have any more?

once upon a time

when the prodigal knight wouldnt admit to anyone that he was darth sirius's apprentice, darth sirius had to b*tch slap the prodigal knight to remind him he was the master mwahahahaha :wub:

the end

:D

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

:p You have to be pretty nieve to not expect a plot twist in the sequel or should I call it a v1.5 not a "full" sequel

Since Blizzard & Lucas Arts bascialy gave Obsidian the engine, models, art, and Lucas the Idea. It amounts to a painter being given a canvas, some, paint, a brush, and Lucas saying paint some fruit but since they had restrictions from Lucas they said but no grapes, and there must be an apple in the painting. Everything else is oiginal by Obsidian which is not much

I expect for KOTOR 2 to be a huge let down, lets face it the Dev is lazy come on 2+ years to work on the engine and the can't get colored saber glows to work and light up dark caves, "Everyone and their grand mother know that lightsabers CAST A GLOW" If this is left out Obsidian wins for biggest whimps.

Yeah they are touting or tuting their own horn by saying they have bigger worlds and less loading times, and a farther draw distance. For me that was all more than enough in part 1.

I would have preffered the option for hoods up or down, an extra party member, xbox live functionality, custome hilts, space combat. anything except the weak stuff they put in.

And expect a major plot twist, its the series signature like mario with no mush rooms, Halo with no guns, Metal Gear with out sneaking. Dare I say we get the option to join the Sith Lords: There I said it sorry for the spoiler. :)

I must say I agree 100% with everything you said. I've been saying this from the very start back in May. I see TSL more of a glorified expansion pack rather then a true sequel.

Ever since I beated KOTOR for the first time this is how I pictured KOTOR 2:

-- Space Battle. Yeah KOTOR had space battle to an extent, but you really aren't flying the ship, just moving the turrent whiles Sith Fighters fly by you saying shoot me, shoot me. It really wasn't true dog fighting. You know, like what you have in the Jedi StarFighter/Rogue Squadron games.

-- The ablity to put hoods up and down. But not just stoping there, but the ablity to take off/put on your Jedi Cloak....like in the movies. Example, at the end of TPM when Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon encountered Darth Maul. They slowly walked up to him, and pulled off their cloaks and ignited their sabers....the duel begins. I thought that you'll also be able to do something like that in TSL as well.

-- Vehicles. In KOTOR you had somewhat of vehicles but not true vehicles. I'm talking about things like land speeders and such. Like you'll see them in KOTOR like the speeders the Mandalorian Warriors had in the Shadowlands and things like that, but you couldn't ride them. I thought that in KOTOR 2 you'll be able to.

-- Better graphics. When I say better graphics I don't mean enhanced graphics. There is a difference. Enhanced graphics is what we are getting in TSL. Better graphics would be like Jade Empire. See the difference. I always imagined KOTOR 2 to have Jade Empire type graphics. (Assuming that Bioware would again make KOTOR 2)

-- Bigger worlds. I must say that the KOTOR worlds were limited, take Tatooine as an example. Tatooine being one of the most famous SW planets we get 4 mediocore areas of the world. Landmass wise I would say that more land is covered in PS1 Final Fantasy games then in KOTOR which is a Xbox title and we know the Xbox is capable of storeing much memory. I must say that I was dissapointed with what we got landmass wise with KOTOR and I thought that KOTOR 2 would be better....but by what the devs are saying it isn't.

-- Longer game. Bioware lied to us when they said that if we take time to do everything in the game like side missions and talk with everyone, you can finish the game in 60-80 hours. BIG LIE! I did EVERYTHING possible in KOTOR and talked to EVERYONE that can be talked to and just barely got 40 hours in. So I thought that KOTOR 2 would be longer. Guess what? It isn't. Devs are saying that the timespand of TSL is going to be the same as KOTOR, about 40-50 hours doing everything. Which means about 20-30 hours doing the minimal. Thats sad for a RPG. I know FPS games to where I can get 20-30 hours in. Again, FF games and other RPGs back on the PS1 were longer then 40-50 hours. I logged in 80-100 hours with FFX. But 40-50, Obsidian is this just a joke or are you really serious?

-- With KOTOR 2 I believed that your character would have a voice but you'll have to option to turn it off. So in conversations when you pick what you say....then your player says it.

-- Real-time combat much like Jade Empire. Read up on JE and you'll know what I'm talking about. Again, this is all assuming that Bioware was the dev, not Obsidian.

There is many many many many more things I can add but I just dont have the time. The things I said above are things that actually make up the layout of a sequel and are too broad and dynamic for a expansion pack. I mean think of it, TSL is more of an expansion pack cause the new things we are getting are things that the typical RPG expansion packs get:

-- New classes, expansion pack material.

-- New force powers/features, expansion pack material.

-- New clothes/faces, expansion pack material.

When TSL comes out I'm going to be one of the first people to get it cause its a SW game plus its a RPG. I love Star Wars and I love RPGs, and TSL is that so I'm going to get it.

You take Halo and Halo 2 and compare how much H2 expands on Halo.

You take GTA: VC and GTA: SA and compare how much SA expands on VC.

You take KOTOR and TSL and compare how much TSL expands on KOTOR.

Now you tell me which expands the most and which expands the least. Right now I just don't believe that TSL is going to be that game that KOTOR was.

Go ahead and flame me but I'm only expanding my right as a consumer of a product and speaking my mind.

:p You have to be pretty nieve to not expect a plot twist in the sequel or should I call it a v1.5 not a "full" sequel

Since Blizzard & Lucas Arts bascialy gave Obsidian the engine, models, art, and Lucas the Idea. It amounts to a painter being given a canvas, some, paint, a brush, and Lucas saying paint some fruit but since they had restrictions from Lucas they said but no grapes, and there must be an apple in the painting. Everything else is oiginal by Obsidian which is not much

I expect for KOTOR 2 to be a huge let down, lets face it the Dev is lazy come on 2+ years to work on the engine and the can't get colored saber glows to work and light up dark caves, "Everyone and their grand mother know that lightsabers CAST A GLOW" If this is left out Obsidian wins for biggest whimps.

Yeah they are touting or tuting their own horn by saying they have bigger worlds and less loading times, and a farther draw distance. For me that was all more than enough in part 1.

I would have preffered the option for hoods up or down, an extra party member, xbox live functionality, custome hilts, space combat. anything except the weak stuff they put in.

And expect a major plot twist, its the series signature like mario with no mush rooms, Halo with no guns, Metal Gear with out sneaking. Dare I say we get the option to join the Sith Lords: There I said it sorry for the spoiler. :)

I must say I agree 100% with everything you said. I've been saying this from the very start back in May. I see TSL more of a glorified expansion pack rather then a true sequel.

-- Space Battle. Yeah KOTOR had space battle to an extent, but you really aren't flying the ship, just moving the turrent whiles Sith Fighters fly by you saying shoot me, shoot me. It really wasn't true dog fighting. You know, like what you have in the Jedi StarFighter/Rogue Squadron games.

-- The ablity to put hoods up and down. But not just stoping there, but the ablity to take off/put on your Jedi Cloak....like in the movies. Example, at the end of TPM when Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon encountered Darth Maul. They slowly walked up to him, and pulled off their cloaks and ignited their sabers....the duel begins. I thought that you'll also be able to do something like that in TSL as well.

-- Vehicles. In KOTOR you had somewhat of vehicles but not true vehicles. I'm talking about things like land speeders and such. Like you'll see them in KOTOR like the speeders the Mandalorian Warriors had in the Shadowlands and things like that, but you couldn't ride them. I thought that in KOTOR 2 you'll be able to.

-- Better graphics. When I say better graphics I don't mean enhanced graphics. There is a difference. Enhanced graphics is what we are getting in TSL. Better graphics would be like Jade Empire. See the difference. I always imagined KOTOR 2 to have Jade Empire type graphics. (Assuming that Bioware would again make KOTOR 2)

-- Bigger worlds. I must say that the KOTOR worlds were limited, take Tatooine as an example. Tatooine being one of the most famous SW planets we get 4 mediocore areas of the world. Landmass wise I would say that more land is covered in PS1 Final Fantasy games then in KOTOR which is a Xbox title and we know the Xbox is capable of storeing much memory. I must say that I was dissapointed with what we got landmass wise with KOTOR and I thought that KOTOR 2 would be better....but by what the devs are saying it isn't.

-- Longer game. Bioware lied to us when they said that if we take time to do everything in the game like side missions and talk with everyone, you can finish the game in 60-80 hours. BIG LIE! I did EVERYTHING possible in KOTOR and talked to EVERYONE that can be talked to and just barely got 40 hours in. So I thought that KOTOR 2 would be longer. Guess what? It isn't. Devs are saying that the timespand of TSL is going to be the same as KOTOR, about 40-50 hours doing everything. Which means about 20-30 hours doing the minimal. Thats sad for a RPG. I know FPS games to where I can get 20-30 hours in. Again, FF games and other RPGs back on the PS1 were longer then 40-50 hours. I logged in 80-100 hours with FFX. But 40-50, Obsidian is this just a joke or are you really serious?

-- With KOTOR 2 I believed that your character would have a voice but you'll have to option to turn it off. So in conversations when you pick what you say....then your player says it.

-- Real-time combat much like Jade Empire. Read up on JE and you'll know what I'm talking about. Again, this is all assuming that Bioware was the dev, not Obsidian.

There is many many many many more things I can add but I just dont have the time. The things I said above are things that actually make up the layout of a sequel and are too broad and dynamic for a expansion pack. I mean think of it, TSL is more of an expansion pack cause the new things we are getting are things that the typical RPG expansion packs get:

When TSL comes out I'm going to be one of the first people to get it cause its a SW game plus its a RPG. I love Star Wars and I love RPGs, and TSL is that so I'm going to get it.

Now you tell me which expands the most and which expands the least. Right now I just don't believe that TSL is going to be that game that KOTOR was.

Go ahead and flame me but I'm only expanding my right as a consumer of a product and speaking my mind.

I ain't gonna flame you cos i cant even be bothered to read all that sh1t!

:) You have to be pretty nieve to not expect a plot twist in the sequel or should I call it a v1.5 not a "full" sequel

haha he wont even be able to play it when it comes out, his fingers will be f*cked :D :p

:) You have to be pretty nieve to not expect a plot twist in the sequel or should I call it a v1.5 not a "full" sequel

haha he wont even be able to play it when it comes out, his fingers will be f*cked :D :p

That is a lot of sh1t he just wrote, ain't it!

Ofcourse it will, u dont even need to say it will! U just know!

:o You have to be pretty nieve to not expect a plot twist in the sequel or should I call it a v1.5 not a "full" sequel

And expect a major plot twist, its the series signature like mario with no mush rooms, Halo with no guns, Metal Gear with out sneaking. Dare I say we get the option to join the Sith Lords: There I said it sorry for the spoiler. :o

haha he wont even be able to play it when it comes out, his fingers will be f*cked :D :)

That is a lot of sh1t he just wrote, ain't it!

yes

He must like wasting his time! No one is gonna read all that!

to be fair i did get to the 100% part before i thought f*ck it :o

That far! Wow! I didn't get passed his name. I just new that he would side with Mr Mafia and dump all over TSL. :)

to be fair i did get to the 100% part before i thought f*ck it :o

That far! Wow! I didn't get passed his name. I just new that he would side with Mr Mafia and dump all over TSL. :)

:D good point i wasnt that quick off the mark, must have been the drink :D :o

You know, it's not always a good thing to make engine changes and mess around with the format of all sequels. Take Ghost Recon 2 for example. The first was an amazing game like nothing else at the time. Now because they sold a few more copies on Xbox they're changing the style of the game from what people knew and liked, to what people don't know, and are probably going to hate.

KOTOR II is sticking with a winning formula. I'd honestly rather look at the same graphics and have another great game with new story & characters this year, instead of waiting 3 more years to play the same game that has better graphics.

You know, it's not always a good thing to make engine changes and mess around with the format of all sequels. Take Ghost Recon 2 for example. The first was an amazing game like nothing else at the time. Now because they sold a few more copies on Xbox they're changing the style of the game from what people knew and liked, to what people don't know, and are probably going to hate.

KOTOR II is sticking with a winning formula. I'd honestly rather look at the same graphics and have another great game with new story & characters this year, instead of waiting 3 more years to play the same game that has better graphics.

AMEN ;)

AMEN :)

Amen, ideed. Finally a newb who knows what he is talkin about! :)

AMEN ;)

Amen, ideed. Finally a newb who knows what he is talkin about! :)

a rare find indeed :) :D :):p

Yes, welcome pinion.

I think some people don't really understand what a sequel is... It's a continuation of the first game. It doesn't have to have a new graphics engine, new mechanics or even new cahracters. As long as the second game continues the storyline from the first it's still a sequel, may not be good one though.

Frankly the graphics in Kotor are already really good so there is no need to waste time making a new engine and new editing tools when there are excellent ones already available.

Also why would you revamp the mechanics for a sequel? The reason the original games was good was because the mechanics worked well. Usually if a sequel changes the way the original game was played it runs a high risk of destroying what was so good about the original.

I see that people are also asking for Obsidian to add things to Knights of the Old Republic that are games in themselves. They want to be able to fly in space, to ride vehicles, to not be a jedi but be different classes. These options would take so much work to put in because of the engine and story limitations that it would not be worth doing. Do they really add that much to a game? Play Star Wars Galaxies, that has all those things, does that make it a great game?

Obsidian is improving on the original game and is adding new content and is continuing the story, adding new characters and features. I would call this a great sequel.

I think some people don't really understand what a sequel is...  It's a continuation of the first game.  It doesn't have to have a new graphics engine, new mechanics or even new cahracters.  As long as the second game continues the storyline from the first it's still a sequel, may not be good one though.

Frankly the graphics in Kotor are already really good so there is no need to waste time making a new engine and new editing tools when there are excellent ones already available.

Also why would you revamp the mechanics for a sequel?  The reason the original games was good was because the mechanics worked well.  Usually if a sequel changes the way the original game was played it runs a high risk of destroying what was so good about the original.

I see that people are also asking for Obsidian to add things to Knights of the Old Republic that are games in themselves.  They want to be able to fly in space, to ride vehicles, to not be a jedi but be different classes.  These options would take so much work to put in because of the engine and story limitations that it would not be worth doing.  Do they really add that much to a game?  Play Star Wars Galaxies, that has all those things, does that make it a great game?

Obsidian is improving on the original game and is adding new content and is continuing the story, adding new characters and features.  I would call this a great sequel.

Yes thanks for adding to what has already been said. Its nice to see people who know what they are talking about! :)