A would-be Sithlord

I can see I'm not the only one who's screen capture is too dark to see. I tried to get a picture on my evil Exile on the start screen and it comes out too dark to see.

You probably have your gamma too low. I'm not sure why my come out so crispy clear, even if I have gamma too low (you set it in the graphic options from the display panel)

For me the gamma is screwed unless the game is running in Windowed mode...does it change every time you alt+ tab if you're in full screen? My screenshots worked if I changed to Windowed...no idea if that will help you though.

she's got a kinda evil queen from Snow White thing going, but with so much skin covered... it's difficult to see the Atris in there.

There's a side by side comparison in the old thread if you wanted to see it.

..and sorry for stealin the pic, I didn't know I'd be leeching bandwidth, I just cut'n'pasted and didn't think to check the domain. Who hosts images thereself these days? :rolleyes:"

I rarely do...

That unknown figure reminded me of Visas for some reason, you know with the dark red and black...

But I think I found my Exile in a dancer outfit my new startup screen character

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Actually, in some ways I'm glad the Atris-Traya was never in the game, since I don't like the look of her much. I mean, what sort of thing is that on her head? If Atris is to be Traya, then fine, but let her keep her white robes, since that served much better to underscore how cold and unapproaching she is, I think. The dark costume just looks peculiar to me :huh:

Not like Kreia's look as Traya - that was cool :thumbsup:

For me the gamma is screwed unless the game is running in Windowed mode...does it change every time you alt+ tab if you're in full screen? My screenshots worked if I changed to Windowed...no idea if that will help you though.

It acts perfectly normal until I press Caps Lock or something (I have a keyboard that shows a display of when you press caps or num lock or volume) so that game will pause itself and brighten up to the games settings and not my gamma settings.

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, and I used to have gamma problems. I noticed that the game would be very "dark" after every cutscene, and I'd have to adjust it in the game. After adjusting the settings using the ATI windows utilities for "full screen 3D color" almost all my problems went away.

When I first load the game I have to adjust the brightness first thing. After that though, the game stays bright until the next time I start it from windows.

Wild Storm, I could be wrong but I think I remember that caps lock = force sight as well free look after you get it? That can cause really weird graphics glitches for some people.

It equals free look always - if you activate force sight, you just get to see it that way... or if you control Visas and switch to free look, since she sees only through force sight at all times - I love that they remembered to include that ;)

Wild Storm, I could be wrong but I think I remember that caps lock = force sight as well free look after you get it? That can cause really weird graphics glitches for some people.

It equals free look always - if you activate force sight, you just get to see it that way... or if you control Visas and switch to free look, since she sees only through force sight at all times - I love that they remembered to include that ;)

Interestingly enough, this is also true of Kreia.

thanks for the advice. im sure when the dialogue was discovered no one mentioned the fact it was atris sayin it, instead of kreia

There are soundfiles for both, so whether Atris or Kreia was to be Traya was optional, though I'm not sure what would have triggered which. Perhaps the Exile's gender was a factor, since it seems to make a difference for Kreia. Anyone know?

Either way, the \StreamVoice\907\904KREIA directory has the intended soundfiles for Atris-as-Traya while the \StreamVoice\904\904KREIA directory has the similar files with Kreia as Traya.

I think Atris would have looked better if she pulled a Handmaiden and just dyed her clothes black and put on Goth Makup.

Edit: whoopsie had the wrong Dyed....

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, and I used to have gamma problems. I noticed that the game would be very "dark" after every cutscene, and I'd have to adjust it in the game. After adjusting the settings using the ATI windows utilities for "full screen 3D color" almost all my problems went away.

Hmm, that setting seemed to make the computer gods very angry with what I'm playing right now, but I'll try it when I play K2 again - thanks!

Hah, yes, I was amused when upgrading my video drivers suddenly gave my character the power of force sight. If it was documented I totally missed it, so I just thought that my caps lock key was making my computer go nuts.

Hmm, that setting seemed to make the computer gods very angry with what I'm playing right now, but I'll try it when I play K2 again - thanks!

Hah, yes, I was amused when upgrading my video drivers suddenly gave my character the power of force sight. If it was documented I totally missed it, so I just thought that my caps lock key was making my computer go nuts.

Here is what you do to fix it:

Go to Display (Start-->Control Panel) Settings (Control Panel --> Settings Tab) and click Advance. There are many tabs but the one you want it the one that has an ATI symbol (if you have an ATI) Color. Simply boost up your gamma, brightness and contrast a bit (not too much)

Its hard to really speculate much from the picks, but it is too bad that they didn't go with Evil Atris at the end. I was always dissapointed with the "conclusion' the game gives you in regards to her

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.