Guardians, Consulars, and Sentinels

OK, I get Guardians, more focused on lightsaber usage rather than Force. I also get Consulars, more focused on using Force to kill opponents. So my question is, where do Sentinels stand in all of this?

Sentinels are like a middle man (or woman, sorry). They focus on both the Force, and lightsaber combat.

OK, I get Guardians, more focused on lightsaber usage rather than Force. I also get Consulars, more focused on using Force to kill opponents. So my question is, where do Sentinels stand in all of this?

They get more skills - that's their main strength and the reason I almost always start Kotor 2 with a Sentinel. More dialogue options. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

They get more skills - that's their main strength and the reason I almost always start Kotor 2 with a Sentinel.  More dialogue options. :x

So do I :lol: More practical...

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when you pick a prestige class. I think that the Consular is best mixed with a Weapons Master / Sith Marauder. Then you have a perfect combination of both lightsaber combat and force powers.

Other good combinations: Guardian - Assasin / Watchman. Sentinel - Weaponsmaster / Marauder. Sentinel - Jedi Master / Sith Lord.

In my next game maybe i'll do Guardian / Jedi Master. Anyone got any experience with this build?

Master Vandar lives!

Sentinals I like, they're the jack of all trades Jedi. They are decent with lightsabers, feats and they get more skills than guardian.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

In my next game maybe i'll do Guardian / Jedi Master. Anyone got any experience with this build?

Works quite nicely. You'll get a good number of feats initially, and after you switch, your Force powers will catch up. The only "weakness" is the lack of skill points, but if your INT is decent, this should compensate.

Just about any combination will work out well in this game; it's simply a matter of how you play the character (e.g. don't try to spam Force Lightning as a low-WIS, low-CHR light side guardian / weaponsmaster).

Guardians are strong initially. My Sentinel was able to kill Traya and her band of dancing scimitars in about three rounds, total (which ended up being about one round faster than the Guardian :)").

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT