How long did Revan know?

I was playing K2 when someone (I don't know who) said something about Revan when he conquered the Galaxy. He/she said that Revan, when he conquered world after world, destroying one after another, conquered Onderon without destroying everything on the planet. Because Onderon is one of the planets on the edge of Republic space, Revan may have known about the "real" Sith threat when he was Dark Lord. If that is true, then why didn't he attacked them then when he had a huge army?

And I have another question (don't know if it has been asked before): If Revan was DS in K1, why would he attack those "real" Sith, instead of joining them?

I think that is a very good question.

Kreia suggested that he didn't weaken resources, but he did kill plenty of people and waste lives fighting the wrong enemy. One could argue that whether or not he intended to, Revan weakened the galaxy setting up the True Sith to come in and threaten the place in KOTOR:3.

I think that is a very good question.

Kreia suggested that he didn't weaken resources, but he did kill plenty of people and waste lives fighting the wrong enemy.  One could argue that whether or not he intended to, Revan weakened the galaxy setting up the True Sith to come in and threaten the place in KOTOR:3.

I did a poll a while ago where people talked about whether he was doing for the True Sith or being typical DS conquerer sort of person. Do a search for the title and I think it was something like "Was (Darth) Revan Evil"

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I did a poll a while ago where people talked about whether he was doing for the True Sith or being typical DS conquerer sort of person. Do a search for the title and I think it was something like "Was (Darth) Revan Evil"

I remember it. :D

It was full of things like 'Well, Revan may have started a war which caused the deaths of millions and the devastation of the Republic's military, but he was doing it to make the Republic stronger so he was actually a really good person'.

This is not a view I share. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Talking about the beginning of the jedi civil war, Kreia said that Revan never went to the dark side, she said there was a thin ressemblance between sacrifice and to give the temptation of the dark side (but it can be the canonical view...).

I think Revan wanted first to unify the galaxy and then defeat all the siths, he was captured before he can fulfill his final goal.

I think what Kreia tells you about Revan varies on what you said happened in KOTOR:1 and possibly also vaires depending on your current alignment.

If Revan wasn't corrupted by the DS, he would have never tolerated Malak as his apprentice.

Someone put forward (and I agreed) the view that Revan originally wanted to prepare the galaxy for the True Sith (knowing that the council wouldn't listen to him) and went to DS to do it, but then got consumed by it and in the end the whole original reason just wasn't there.

A bit like how Yuthera realises what she became.

I still have a strong preference to the story that he was corrupted by power and with the Star Forge he discovered as well.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I still have a strong preference to the story that he was corrupted by power and with the Star Forge he discovered as well.

Revan and Malak were already evil before they discovered the Star Forge, because in the cut-scene on Dantooine when they find the Star Maps:

1) Revan was already wearing black and covering his/her face.

2) Malak already had a scary voice.

Star Wars is space opera/pantomime, and you have to take it on those terms. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

But if you say Revan was DS, you find a Sith Holocron on Korriban where Bastila says that Revan didn't intend to keep the Star Forge. That it was too dangerous for the Sith. All of this is strange. Though it is Star Wars, there has to be "a little" logic.

A lot of it is just bad writing. So many things in K2 contradict what we saw in K1. We think in K1 Revan was corrupted by the Star Forge, then we are told it was the Trayus academy. We're told in K1 Revan fell to the dark side, in K2 we are told he "sacrificed" himself to the darkside. Bullcrap. After K2, Revan felt less like your character. What K2 says about Revan not truly being 'evil' is especially rediculous if Revan was DS in K1. Revan was as good or evil as you wanted him/her to be in K1, but K2 tried to change that.

I still hold the view that Revan was indeed evil when he was battling the Republic. He was either evil all along (DS) or he became corrupted by outside factors as a LS (Star Forge, Trayus Academy). He might have even tried to use the darkside's power, thinking he could control it, but eventually ended up its slave anyway.

As for the True Sith, he most likely discovered them when he was journeying along the outer rim during or after the Mandalorian Wars. (Malachor V, I think is where he first learned about them) From what I've learned, regardless of his alignment, he is fighting the True Sith. Also odd considering one person, even two (the exile goes off to join him) can't hope to defeat an entire empire. If he's LS, he's fighting them to save the Republic and the Jedi. If he's DS, then I guess he's fighting them so they aren't a threat to his own empire, or he may be trying to enslave or subjugate them.

Revan went to the Unknown Regions to face the True Sith. But the homeplanet of the Sith is Korriban. And Korriban isn't in the Unknown Regions. And if it was, then it wouldn't make any sense, because the Exile can walk on Korriban without being noticed by "the True Sith". What to make of this?

And does someone know where I can find a map of the Star Wars galaxy, and that is reliable?

Revan went to the Unknown Regions to face the True Sith. But the homeplanet of the Sith is Korriban. And Korriban isn't in the Unknown Regions. And if it was, then it wouldn't make any sense, because the Exile can walk on Korriban without being noticed by "the True Sith". What to make of this?

And does someone know where I can find a map of the Star Wars galaxy, and that is reliable?

yes, korriban is the home planet of the sith; the planet where they came from. but that is not where they currently reside. they fled into the unknown regions, where they are now dormant, until K3 rolls around

No problem. And as far as I know, that one's the most accurate in terms of "official" out of all the maps out there.

*Source: Star Wars official forums - Books, Comics & Television forum*

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I remember it. :D

It was full of things like 'Well, Revan may have started a war which caused the deaths of millions and the devastation of the Republic's military, but he was doing it to make the Republic stronger so he was actually a really good person'.

This is not a view I share. :thumbsup:

The life of a chaotic good saviour of the world is never easy.

If religion believes in an omnipotent, omnescient and omni-benevolent god, and still explain evil, then it is entirely possible (if not probable) that Revan was acting in the galaxy's best interest.

Here. :thumbsup:

Thank you.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT