A Thought on MMORPGs

Commissar

But still, I fail to see any real advantage to MMORPGs that other games don't have

Then I suspect you've never played one.

There's that goofy intangible that I can't put my finger on that makes them appealing. I swore I would never subscribe to a game, but after playing the beta of WoW I was sold on it for a couple of months.

I have.

Veni, vidi, exeunt.

I came, I saw, I left.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm used to seeing "Leeroy Jenkins" happen over and over and over and over and over etc.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But still, I fail to see any real advantage to MMORPGs that other games don't have

Would I be engaged in this discussion if I didn't know what the hell am I talking about? :o

I don't know about you, but I don't usually do that. :-)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Would I be engaged in this discussion if I didn't know what the hell am I talking about? :thumbsup:

I don't know about you, but I don't usually do that. :huh:)

It would be presumptous for me to think otherwise.

Most people it seems have an opinion on anything and everything. It wouldn't be the first time that someone said they didn't like something before trying it.

this just in about the MMO of Marvel Hero's

Strengthening an already-proven dedication to its online strategy, Microsoft has signed up exclusive rights to develop and publish massivly multiplayer online titles based on Marvel Comics' superheros for the Xbox 360. Microsoft clarified that its exclusive rights extend over all consoles. Although Game Informer was told that the agreement was for multiple years, terms and further details of the deal were not elaborated upon.

In other Marvel Video game news, Majesco is planning to put out a Ghost RIder title for PS2 and XBOX and PSP to coinside with the release of the movie starring Nicholas Cage in the summer of '06

Doesn't rule out a PC release of the MMO.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I also played the trial version of EQ2. It was impressive, but I was quickly bogged down after I left the starter isle.

1. Zones take forever to load, and you travel through them a lot. Also the main cities were very laggy. The lag might be fixed, but there is no reason to even have zone loading.

2. Repetition...combat gets very boring.

3. The quests are often Fedex, uninteresting, and hard to keep straight. Of course, I only played through the quests in Freeport, so maybe after you get through the newbie areas, it gets better.

I hope you take to it. Personally I'm waiting until they polish it a bit. The starter island was really misleading for me. It's also supposed to be a more hardcore game than WoW.