High difficulty level bug on Peragus

Hope this is not a spoiler - as this is first 5 minutes into the game. I started playing it second time, under highest difficulty level. When the game switched to T3, I picked up 3 sonic mines, but could not set them to continue the plot! T3's initial demolition skill was too low! After I lowered difficulty setting to Normal I was able to set the mines and continue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Playing the game on the higher difficulty level increases the skill requirement to plant a mine with the effect you have noticed.

You can get around it by using the console overlooking the hanger bay to blow up the damaged droid. It will open the door, but will also destroy the contents of the nearby cylinder.

Alternatively, you could try an exploit (haven't tried this but it should work): after you have collected the mines from the outside of the Hawk during the prologue, return to the c0ckpit and quit the prologue. Normally you lose any equipment when the game proper begins, but not if you quit it in this way. So, it should now be possible to use one of these mines to blow open the door.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Hope this is not a spoiler - as this is first 5 minutes into the game. I started playing it second time, under highest difficulty level. When the game switched to T3, I picked up 3 sonic mines, but could not set them to continue the plot! T3's initial demolition skill was too low! After I lowered difficulty setting to Normal I was able to set the mines and continue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Seriously.

As w666tvr posted above, you have to find an alternative method to progress the story if you do not have the required skills.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Or you could just do a different part of that quest first, allowing T3 to go up in experience and then when you level him up, make sure to put some in demolitions.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think me and my roommate both got off scot-free. He didn't have a single major bug with his Xbox version, and I didn't encounter any serious bug with my PC version.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

yeah, I've never encountered any game-stopping bugs in my first several playthroughs or any minor ones for that matter. in the last few playthroughs I found some minor ones that were a little funny. I figured out how to recreate that bug where the twin suns attack each other. :( and one time disciple talked with mandalore's voice! :-