Why the Masters didn't mention Kreia in K2?

I find It strange that the Jedi Masters didn't say anything about Kreia espcialy Master Vrook. He would have usually been the first to mention anything like that. Including Atris when she captured Kreia and the exile Atris acted like she didn't notice her at all.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

Now that it's in the proper forum, here's my answer.

Because Kreia is able to mask her presence. She says that countless times during the course of the game. She hid her presence from Atris, and she hid her presence from the Council. I believe the Council even makes some comment about it when she finally revealed herself.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There is also the matter of who Kreia really is.

I won't get into all the speculation, except to state to fact from the game.

1. The masters mention at the meeting on Dantooine toward the end of the game, that they thought she had died during the Mandalorian Wars. Not sure, but I think it's Kavar who says it, not that it really matters...

2. When you confront Atris after meeting with the masters, she mentions that Kreia is not her real name.

2. When you confront Atris after meeting with the masters, she mentions that Kreia is not her real name.

I think she was just refering to the whole Darth Traya thing, as Kreia wore that title again.

Exactly. Title, not name.

At least that's how it appeared to me - Darth Traya is a title. Kreia is a name, only it is not her real name...

I think she was just refering to the whole Darth Traya thing, as Kreia wore that title again.

Exactly. Title, not name.

At least that's how it appeared to me - Darth Traya is a title. Kreia is a name, only it is not her real name...

Yeah, I was kinda getting sick of people saying that she is the Handmaiden's mother because Atris says Kriea was not her realy name. Kriea says it herself, there must always be a Darth Traya. That appears to me more as a title than a name too.

Personally I think Kreia is indeed Kae.

For one thing, look at the names...

Kae -Traya = Kreia. I mean, take the "K" of Kae and add it with "Traya" but dropping the "T" - you get "Kraya", which, given how Traya is pronounced, would be identical to how "Kreia" is pronounced.

No, certainly not proof, but I do find it a bit telling.

Personally I think Kreia is indeed Kae.

For one thing, look at the names...

Kae -Traya = Kreia. I mean, take the "K" of Kae and add it with "Traya" but dropping the "T" - you get "Kraya", which, given how Traya is pronounced, would be identical to how "Kreia" is pronounced.

No, certainly not proof, but I do find it a bit telling.

Never thought of that. That might have been just enough for me to start thinking she is Kae.

just a question:    how do you get the picture of a character under your name.  ( like u Master Vrook. )

Go in to "My Controls", then "Edit Avatar Settings" and either upload one from your comp, or use one of the ones they give you.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just dont understand how some of you guys can think that  because if it were true then Obsidian would have put it as an influence thing for Kreia.

Why would they do that?

Or rather, why would Kreia reveal anything like that to you, no matter how much influence you get with her?

A secret like that would give you power over Kreia to manipulate her with, just as she manipulates Atton with his past when she discovers it, and knowing betrayal, she would never volunteer information that might be used against her. Besides, I don't think "trust" exists in her vocabulary... :thumbsup:

Also, it fits the nature of K2 to suggest this without saying it specifically one way or the other. It fits Kreia, too - even after her death, she still holds secrets and manipulates.

It is possible that Obsidian considered the option and were in doubt about whether to include it. So they left it ambiguous either on purpose or because they never reached an actual decision.

Or maybe it was intended as a revelation at some point in K3, which they then left clues to in K2, so that it would be more persuasive when the revelation came.

perhaps but look at the ages.

lets say Kriea is 70 and th hand maiden is 20. that means kriea would have to been 50 when (you know what.)

and 20 years is way b4 the mandalorian war started.

The Darkside or exposure to it causes rapid aging. That could account for why her face looked so old and haggard.

perhaps but look at the ages.

lets say Kriea is 70 and th hand maiden is 20. that means kriea would have to been 50 when (you know what.)

and 20 years is way b4 the mandalorian war started.

Concerning age: First of all, Kreia's age is in doubt to begin with. Is she 70? We really don't know... But even if she looks to be 70...

Option 1: We really don't know if 50-year old woman can bear children in the KotOR age, but given the technological and medical advances compared to the real world today, it doesn't seem impossible to me. Also, we never learn Yusanis' age IIRC, and we know that he had several other daughters before Brianna...

Option 2: Atton: "I mean, how old do you think she is? {Shakes head}She may have been good-looking once, but it takes some hard living to make creases like that."

About timing:

Yes, 20 years is a decade before the Mandalorian Wars, but there is no question that Handmaiden was born that long ago, so I really don't see what your point...

I find it strange that the Jedi Masters didn't say anything about Kreia espcialy Master Vrook. He would have usually been the first to mention anything like that. Including Atris when she captured Kreia and the exile Atris acted like she didn't notice her at all.

As for Atris not noticing Kreia--she didn't even see any of Exile's companions. Remember she picks up on the words 'old woman?' from one of the Handmaidens, after the confrontation with Exile. Kreia is able to mask her Force ability, so Atris had no clue. The mention of an 'old woman' also set off some kind of alarm bell in Atris' head--it upset her greatly, as if she had a premonition or an idea who this person might be.

Likewise, Kreia was outside in the enclave courtyard when Exile met with the three masters; they didn't see her until she stepped in, and they couldn't detect her through the Force.

I think yes, Atris referred to Darth Traya. It's not a title, it's a name, only that it's a Sith name. Basically, Atris wants to say that Kreia had once again fallen to the Dark Side, so her name was no longer Kreia, but Darth Traya.

And should I remind you that this thread is named "Why the Masters didn't mention Kreia in K2?" and is not intended for the Kreia-Kae thing discussion? We have another thread for that.

I think yes, Atris referred to Darth Traya. It's not a title, it's a name, only that it's a Sith name. Basically, Atris wants to say that Kreia had once again fallen to the Dark Side, so her name was no longer Kreia, but Darth Traya.

And how would Atris know that name? Kreia didn't become Darth Traya until either during or after the Mandalorian Wars, and she was exiled for her teachings at the beginning of it. Since she has to suffer "a betrayal of the heart" to become Darth Traya, she cannot have been that person when the jedi exiled, and if her real name is not Kreia, then what name did they know her by?

And before anyone says that Atris would have know the name or title of Darth Traya, consider the dialogue they have when the two meet on Telos:

Atris: "Who is there?"

Kreia: "Who I am is not the question."

Atris: "I am Atris, Jedi Master... the last historian of the Jedi... the last of the Jedi.

Kreia: "Those are titles, words you cling to as the darkness falls around you.

Atris: "You are that which has attacked the Jedi... you are Sith.

Kreia: "'Sith' is a title, yes, but like you, the title is not who I am. It is not what I believe.For you... it is different. Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose.

Kreia: "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

Now, why is Kreia telling Atris all this? If Atris already knows Darth Traya, then it shouldn't be necessary to her that there is a Darth Traya, nor what it means to hold that title.

Besides, I consider the comment about how "there must always be a Darth Traya" to mean that it is more a title that Kreia has assumed than a name she had taken or been given.

There is also the matter that in the content that was cut, the position of Darth Traya was to befall either Kreia or Atris depending on your choices in the game - in the soundfiles of the cut content where the Exile's companions confront Darth Traya, the dialogue by Traya may be found and heard in two alternate versions - one where Traya is Kreia and one where Traya is Atris. Anyone wanting to hear this for themselves should check the \StreamVoice\907\904KREIA\ folder and listen to some of the soundfiles there. So given that the identity of Traya was optional - either Kreia or Atris - that also doesn't suggest that Traya is a "real" name as much as a title to me.