KOTOR II Wins Best RPG of the Year at G-Phoria

"JE was to easy"

KOTOR2 was MUCH easier, and its combat wasn't as good in comparison to JE. In fact, in most things other than length, JE crushes KOTOR2.

The one thing KOTOR2 does beat JE in that is worthwhile is the better use of skills in dialogue (though even there JE isn't too bad as it has three dialogue skills).

Long live JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(though KOTOR2 is still a good game)

Watch the language... Children and Jack Thompson visit this thread too -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jade clearly set its storyline/combat limits from the outset, and followed through - major plus, heh. The story was great (including the ending, either version). I haven't replayed Jade near as many times as K2...but I didn't need to in order to feel like I 'got' the whole game. It's hard to compare much story-wise since Jade wasn't bound to a pre-existing story like K2. Jade had more complex combat, and a difficulty setting that was challenging (I am bad at console, though). But K2 let you switch between party members, which I personally enjoy more than the real-time combat in Jade with AI-only on the person who was with you.

BioWare Fanboys have taken over the Topic... :D

Anyways, stay on the fact that Kotor2 got it's award (or better, get back to)...

This is no JE discussion topic,

Comparing it to Kotor2 for this Award FINE, but don't start a whole post only about JE...

P.S. And if you want to compare JE to Kotor2 for the awards, keep away from pointless flaming...

It has nothing to with being Bioware fanboy or an Obsidian Fanboy.  It has to do with which one is the better game which Jade Empire is and KotOR 2 is not.  KotOR 2 doesn't deserve the award.

Notice the :D

WOW! No wonder Battle wookiee is a mod. He can reply to posts that werne't evenw ritten yet! That's impresisve.

Anyways, on topic, JE deserves the award more than KOTOR for many reasons. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think people were considering the release candidate as being "gold."

Maybe I'm just patient and wait specifically for the gold announcement, I just don't remember being "let down" for a delayed release. Although I do remember being anxious about the release candidate.

I had heard that the release candidate took a long time because VU was being anal retentive in its QA, which can be just as much a good thing as a bad thing. I don't remember them saying Half-Life 2 wasn't at an acceptable level of quality though.

I think people were considering the release candidate as being "gold."

Maybe I'm just patient and wait specifically for the gold announcement, I just don't remember being "let down" for a delayed release.  Although I do remember being anxious about the release candidate.

I had heard that the release candidate took a long time because VU was being anal retentive in its QA, which can be just as much a good thing as a bad thing.  I don't remember them saying Half-Life 2 wasn't at an acceptable level of quality though.

Well, I remember it so well because I was reading about it, blow by blow, in the magazines ... "You should be playing it by the next issue" ... (next issue): "... um, it seems there was a problem ..." sorta thing.

It might well have been a gold and release candidate smoke-and-mirrors jig from VU, but the net effect was that it didn't ship when it was advertised (was it due September 30, or something? :lol: ).

Anyway, I can dig up the articles, as necessary, but I remember having to wait for my copy to arrive in the mail ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

BioWare Fanboys have taken over the Topic...  :D

Anyways, stay on the fact that Kotor2 got it's award (or better, get back to)...

This is no JE discussion topic,

Comparing it to Kotor2 for this Award FINE, but don't start a whole post only about JE...

P.S. And if you want to compare JE to Kotor2 for the awards, keep away from pointless flaming...

It has nothing to with being Bioware fanboy or an Obsidian Fanboy.  It has to do with which one is the better game which Jade Empire is and KotOR 2 is not.  KotOR 2 doesn't deserve the award.

Notice the :D

you deleted my post and on top of that call me a bioware fanboy? that was not cool man, i put a lot more into this thread in my post than most of the other posts. and it was mostly on topic too, i can understand editing out the "kotor 2 sucks" part out since you know the guys working on it but deleting my post was not necessary.

i am not a fanboy of either company but i did have high hopes for obsidian. i figured with their history they could make kotor 2 like few developers could. i was disappointed by a mediocore game and watched as people who dont know a thing about quality games applaud kotor 2 as a success. either way this award show is a joke, the winning spots were paid for. they couldnt even wait till the end of the year, they wanted to do it at a time they could make money off it. anyway, congratulations on rpg of the year, hope you guys made enough to buy it next year too. or your publisher or whatever.

It might well have been a gold and release candidate smoke-and-mirrors jig from VU, but the net effect was that it didn't ship when it was advertised (was it due September 30, or something?  ).

The September 30th release date was the first release date, over a year before the actual release date. I don't remember hearing anything about the game being delayed because of VU/Valve disputes, although VU did officially delay the game, while Valve stated it should still be released. I have no idea if it was a Steam issue or what. I suspect the actual release also got pushed back by the subsequent hack into their system that leaked the media build all over the internet.

The Vivendi/Valve conflict could have been part of this, but that conflict didn't come into the picture until 2004 however.

The release candidate concern had nothing to do with the original September 30th release date though. It was the following year, shortly before the game went gold.