Pure Pazaak

You have to beat Deadeye Duncan 10 times to unlock the next opponent.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Need any more on the multiplayer thingy then? (yeh, I was lurking waiting to see if someone else would try answering first :blink: ).

In regards to that muting bug I can't exactly fix it because my main desktop comps PSU is in warranty and will probably be ages till it comes back since the guys involved like supplier or whatever are on Christmas break.

At least it's not a game breaker....

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Online play is confusing for me, so I never touch it.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It's not really "online play" but more like direct-connect play. Normal "online" play as we know requires stuff like a server, server program and all this other stuff I don't have or know how to do.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

ah I see...

one of these days lol

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Version v1.1.5 Update released.

- Fix: Muting options will no longer cause a VB program error

I'm also experimenting with a graphical user guide (ie, manual) but I might not bother if it ends up looking stupid or I just get lazy :lol:

sigpic0yb.jpg

I just downloaded the Pure Pazaak game and I think its brilliant! But I'm having a problem with the graphics. I did download the COMCTL32.OCX file but I still can't get it to work. Earlier on in this topic you said to place it in the Windows System32, I did and it was already there. :) Can anyone help me? I'd be forever grateful if anyone could! :D

I'm a dunderhead when it comes to anything like this... :geek:

I did download the COMCTL32.OCX file but I still can't get it to work. Earlier on in this topic you said to place it in the Windows System32, I did and it was already there.

Try putting the OCX file into your game folder rather than System32 folder.

sigpic0yb.jpg

hey duff, great idea and game, im just wondering if there is a forums topic for meeting other people online to play against?

also making a dejarik game could be a future project, as sabacc has been done (http://www.mavrinac.com/projects/sabacc/) though someone could atleast make it offline and have nice graphics like PP :wacko:

www.collateraldesign.co.uk

tech.gif

I did download the COMCTL32.OCX file but I still can't get it to work. Earlier on in this topic you said to place it in the Windows System32, I did and it was already there.

Try putting the OCX file into your game folder rather than System32 folder.

That's where I originally placed it. It's been there all along but it still wont work... Must be my computer.

That's where I originally placed it. It's been there all along but it still wont work... Must be my computer.

Ok, put it back into the Windows System32 folder and try registering it using regsrv32.

So for example in the "Run" command do something like:

regsrv32 C:\Windows\System32\comctl32.ocx

sigpic0yb.jpg

Can we play more opponents in practice mode?

DAWUSS

I've downloaded this but all the techie stuff about installing if it doesn't go smoothly scares me. :ph34r:

And @ fingolfin92 - I imagine a thread in this forum or the Computer/Console forum for meeting other pazaak gamers would probably work. :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished the "User Guide" - now there'll be enough for people to provide suggestions now (yeh, the "WIP version" didn't have much to work on...)

the techie stuff about installing if it doesn't go smoothly scares me. 

Well the manual is practically the same as the readme text but go have a read on the bit on "Getting Started" and tell me if it's any more useful.

And @ fingolfin92 - I imagine a thread in this forum or the Computer/Console forum for meeting other pazaak gamers would probably work.

That or use the IRC channel (either way will probably end up with very little regardless :blink:

Anyway, have a read of the new manual and give some feedback (or the usual bugs/suggestion to the game).

(manual has been updated)

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've got a couple of bugs.

1. If the number of cards played by one player in a match goes over nine, the maximum number of spaces for cards, the game automatically gives victory to the computer, irregardless of who is closer to twenty. I even had a score of twenty once, and the computer played all three of its remaining side deck cards in sucession, filled up the slots, and had a total of 10, and it got the win!

2. If the Tiebreaker card is used to get twenty, and the computer has not stood or gotten 20 yet, and gets 20 after you've played the +1T, you end up with a true tie instead of a win.

Well, I've got a couple of bugs.

1. If the number of cards played by one player in a match goes over nine, the maximum number of spaces for cards, the game automatically gives victory to the computer, irregardless of who is closer to twenty.  I even had a score of twenty once, and the computer played all three of its remaining side deck cards in sucession, filled up the slots, and had a total of 10, and it got the win!

It's supposed to be that way. 9 cards and <20 = Automatic win. One thing I like about the flip cards

DAWUSS