An Interesting Proposition

I'll be more excited when we have all the specifics agreed upon (ie. how we're going to do this, the groundrules, etc.).

0. Everyone reads the basic rules that Ender posted and make a character with 50 freebie points instead of the usual 15(with help from ender if need be) that we send to ender

1. We set a date and a time to play

2. We use IRC or some freeware roleplaying program

3. We use the 3rd edition VtM rules, Ender will handle all dice rolls etc. and will have a copy of each of our character sheets.

Since VtM isnt D&D(no strategic combat etc.) you wont need to know the rules really, you just say what your character does and the GM interprets that into rules and make the rolls.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That's how I run a lot of my DnD sessions anyhow. The characters don't ever make their own skill checks. The only rolls the characters make are combat rolls. Of course, it's DnD, so the characters make a lot of rolls during an average session.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The best game of VtM I played was when we didnt even get to touch a character sheet. We made concepts of human characters and then our GM handled everything.

It was cool because that particular guy used to be a notorious hacknslash munchkin player in D&D and every other game we had played but when we got into Vampire LARP and later PnP, he grew up and became a kickass GM. He did sneak his own char in as an NPC but that was acceptable.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'd rather not see the rolls at all. Screws up the storytelling and personating aspects, at least in my opinion. It wouldn't matter to my cajun(oh yes) fledling anyway. He's such a slob.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

How come I always miss the great threads? :'(

A V:tM campaign setup thread and I'm not part of it? Preposterous!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I sure would but I think it's crowded enough already. And unfortunately the same reasons that prevented me from joining the Diplomacy game could screw this one up for me as well. :p

I'll ask Ender about it, though. :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

From a post a few pages back:

Players: Archmonarch (myself), jaguars4ever, GhostofAnakin, Eldar, Kaftan Barlast, thepixiesrock, metadigital

Other interested parties: SteveThaiBinh, Magena, xxxroflmeisterxxx, Musopticon?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The final decision isnt up to me, but I think we should revise that list so that Mus? is added to the player's list in some way (whether as an addition or replacement I do not know). In my opinion, he deserves it after the dedication he has shown to this topic.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Thanks 'monarch. :thumbsup: I hope school doesn't kill this.

I feel bad that Baley doesn't have the time to participate. We had an interesting discussion about Temporis through PMs. I'm not saying that True Brujah should be allowed. Damn half-gods:lol:

kirottu said:

I think we should try to find a solution that includes everyone who wants to play, from Mus to my numbered friend.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Moreover, I can skip the first game and sit in on the sessions. I would be happy to be a non-participant observer for the campaign and, should a slot become available, I'd join in the actual play.

Obsidian Plays

The best thing would be if we could find someone willing to GM a separate game for Europeans. Ive got a friend who wants in too, so the interest is huge.

I cant do it, Im a rather dreadful GM.

Dice?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Curse you metadigital.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I shall not stoop to your level.

I find it funny that meta is the only member in the level 5 or higher, who's post count doesn't consist mainly of bickering and spam. It's...worth of applause.

kirottu said:

I thought everything meta posted was both bickering and spam.  hahahaha

Hahahahahaha, its funny because its true, hahahaha.

Am I right fellas? I mean, am I right?

:unsure: I'll rephrase:

A considerable potion of what meta has posted isn't bickering and/or completely random spam.

kirottu said: