An Interesting Proposition

Mister Metadigital! Dont ye be makin fun of the Sabbat now, ye hear? They aint never done you any harm, have they?

*smacks metadigital over the fingers with ruler*

(in case you dont know what the Sabbat is, Im not going to tell. It will be much nicer for you to find out ingame)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am Ventrue, and understand my place.  It didn't take long to accept the truth, but I have not yet given up my hope of understanding the origins of the Kindred and the nature of the darkness.  I cling desperately to what humanity I once had.  I seek ways to work for the good of mankind, but I also know the hunger and desperation of the Kindred.  I look forward to learning more.  I am, after all, a scholar.

It seems fine to me. Though the Ventrue are primarily social creatures, they are in charge of the Masquerade and so could consider it their duty to embrace you. Anyway, the difference from Ventrue stereotypes could make for an interesting character. I say go for it.

One thing, though: the Ventrue have no access to the vampiric magics and given the secrecy within clans, I do not see an easy way for your character to gain such knowledge, considering the penalty for sharing is usually death or blood bond. Just be aware of this.

Perfect, I will be delving into mysteries just as I did as a human, and without much more access than in life. While alive, I was rather a social creature, which is how I came under the observation of my siress (or whatever you call a chic sire). Other than saving me from permanent death by making me a vampire, my siress did me the favor of showing me how much more careful I need to be when working with other to discover these mysteries. I must be careful that others not find out my motives, even though I know that I'm only working for what I percieve as noble goals. I seek the truth in the hopes it will help humanity and kindred alike. This also makes me kind of like the CoC character I was hoping to play.

Ironically, I'm giving away everything to my fellow players before we even start the game. I'd rather make sure I'm doing this the right way, though, so I'm going to play everything in the open until I'm accustomed to the Vampire game mechanics. Remember, I'm a novice at this game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Mister Metadigital! Dont ye be makin fun of the Sabbat now, ye hear? They aint never done you any harm, have they?

*smacks metadigital over the fingers with ruler*

(in case you dont know what the Sabbat is, Im not going to tell. It will be much nicer for you to find out ingame)

Nope. I am a novice. (I shall skim the documentation provided by Ender and your good self, but I was thinking of playing a noble Sabbat ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Alright in that case you will have to know and I feel inclined to tell you even if you could get it from the core book that Ender PM'd us. In your case I recommend that you download "Guided to the Sabbat"(serial WW2303)

Nothing is impossible of course, but the main problem is that 95% of the Sabbat consist of groups of relatively young vampires called 'packs' who act much like the gangs of 80's films. Theyre very brutal, savage and inhuman so nobility isnt exactly their thing. The other 5% who make up the leaders and ideologists of the Sabbat could very well be 'noble' in a way but the problem is that they are all atleast several hundred years old and unsuitable for a PC.

Ill sift through my copy of GttS and try and find a nice loophole for you :blink:

edit: Yeah, stupid of me. ID sort of forgotten the non-stereotypical parts. Not every younger vampire in the Sabbat is a bloodthirsty splatterpunk, a small number handle necessities ranging from (computer)hacking to finances. They are usually embraced for their specific competence by non-pack vamps

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Its really hard to create a character using the rules and points of things, Ive done the freeform creation thing for so long that Ive forgotten how to do it. And although 50 freebies make for more realistic and well-rounded characters than the 15, its so hard to know where to spend it all :( It not made easier by my usually complex character concepts.. duality of man and all.

Ive finally worked out my characters name though :D

Jacob Donahue.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:( We have two Alexander variants! As I have declared my nominal intentions prior to yours (and I organized this game :darque:), I shall be called Alek, while you are called Gaust (pronounced Ghost).

Btw, a gaust (pronounced and alternatively spelled ghast) is a kind of ghost.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

vtmchar.jpg

Cheung Yang-Zi I need to work our her(yes) american name and maybe somekind of nickname. I dont want to give out too much info about my character since we dont know how Ender is going to have us meet and so on.

(I did the painting in a weird sort of perspective. just so dont think I like big-headed ladies)

:( We have two Alexander variants! As I have declared my nominal intentions prior to yours (and I organized this game :darque:), I shall be called Alek, while you are called Gaust (pronounced Ghost).

Btw, a gaust (pronounced and alternatively spelled ghast) is a kind of ghost.

Looks like my first order of business is eliminating the competition. :darque:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You just had to do it, didnt you? :lol:

Anyway, my real name generates Hagar von Richter and my character name give me Albericht Darkblade.

This is possibly the worst name generator I have ever seen, especially as it seems to recycle major characters and artists from various horror media. :(

I find it kind of sad

If you press it enough times you can get Lestat Lestat :)

Is it just me that cant wait to get started? VtM is my fav RPG and I havent played in years :-

If you press it enough times you can get Lestat Lestat :wub:

Is it just me that cant wait to get started? VtM is my fav RPG and I havent played in years :lol:

I'll be more excited when we have all the specifics agreed upon (ie. how we're going to do this, the groundrules, etc.).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm really excited about this. I've never played VtM, so I look forward to the experience. I've never played on IRC before, so another experience. I wanted to play CoC, but my character has a lot of the same ideas behind him as a scholar. I'm stoked. I can hardly wait.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Indeed, I too have never played VtM before, though I have used IRC for roleplaying, chatting, and *ahem* more illicit purposes. I have always been interested in the "darker side" of human nature however (strictly scientific interest I assure you :darque:), and desire a quick and bountiful fruition of our plans.

I find it kind of sad