1. 1. Do you like console shooters

• Consoles all the way
    • I like both
    • A mouse and keyboard are the only way to go
    • I like to vote
    • I don't care

Ironically, this one is the one I would have likely used:

post-64-1121649893.gif

But mine is just so much more genre bending and defining.

On topic: I can actually thank a game called Uprising for finally teaching me how to properly play an FPS on the PC. It was the first game with a first person perspective that forced me to use the mouse to look.

Keyboard and Mouse all the way.

I had once a FPS-fragparty on the X-Box..., well I am used to Online-Games were you need to hit bunny-hopping guys in the head and such, yet us 2 had trouble hitting each other (map = one street, no side ways or something).

Each time the other went down it was a lucky shot, so No Controller FPS's for me...

That Buck Rogers robot thing is creepy as all hell

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hell, I'm a monkey with the console controller, so none of them are all that great. However, I'm playing Silent Hill 4 right now. Does that count as an FPS since there is an option for an FPS camera view.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Those aren't exactly good choices. :wacko:

They're all better looking than little green stick men.

No :) Little glow in the dark stick people are cool :)

*feeble attempt to camo an off topic reply with something that might make it appear "on topic" (hey, at least I'm honest)*

Is it even possible to have a FPS with a decent controller interface system?

Hell, I'm a monkey with the console controller, so none of them are all that great.  However, I'm playing Silent Hill 4 right now.  Does that count as an FPS since there is an option for an FPS camera view.

no. Silent Hill 4 is a weak Survival Horror game.

Those aren't exactly good choices. :wacko:

They're all better looking than little green stick men.

Says a guy with a neck for an avatar :)

I'm not sure how "possible" it is to have a good control scheme.

I mean, I didn't find GoldenEye to be horrible, nor the approach that Turok had. I'm sure given a bit of time I'd be laying the smack down in Halo as well....but I just like the point and click feel of the mouse when annihilating enemies with absurdly large and animated weapons.

So far the only "fps" game I've tried (on a console that is) is Deus Ex... and that was a chore... fun... but a chore...

I had a friend give me "hitman contracts" (like I need that crap), tried the "training level" and almost got seasick :wacko:

I can't imagine a good control setup on a console shooter :)

You can vote once and reply at will, you doofus! lol.

Your poll will get more votes, I'm sure of it. Have patience.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, you get the award for making me laugh out loud.

Too bad I can't answer your question.

Obsidian Plays

It doesn't matter how good one can be with the controller. If you throw away auto-aim, of two individuals with equivalent skill with both devices, if you pitch one with a controller against the other with a kb/mouse setup, chances are the latter will win. It doesn't matter if the controller can do a decent enough job, when there's a superior alternative available. That makes the controller obsolete.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

You can vote once and reply at will, you doofus!  lol.

Your poll will get more votes, I'm sure of it.  Have patience.

How many posts should a member have before they should show patience? :)

Just curious. :wacko:

hey darque

I'll tweak all i freakin want. Secondly, what is with all "how many posts should a member have blahblahblah" stuff its really annoying

OK, got it.