Do you like console shooters  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like console shooters

• Consoles all the way
    • I like both
    • A mouse and keyboard are the only way to go
    • I like to vote
    • I don't care

The moment a game's enjoyment is impeded because of a lackluster control scheme (especially when there's a superior alternative) is the moment I say no to the genre. But that's just me.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Never fear, alan, your head is now no longer huge in comparison to your body.

I much prefer the mouse and keyboard combo. I hear that it's just a matter of habit and that the x-box controller is just as easy to use. Not yet for me, though.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm not that big on FPS, but its not that hard using a controller, unless you're a monkey, then mouse and keyboard are probaly for you

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

alanschu, what the heck are you talking about.  Did you not read the topic.  Also, what is with the stick figure pic.

I don't think you have enough posts under your belt to be tweaking out on people yet... :wub:

Tell me, Darque, how many posts must a member have to make comments on another member's posts? I'm curious.

Also, how many posts must a member have to grant free spamming, since you've obviously achieved that status long ago.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Mostly I was just bored.  But it helps me pick out my posts when I scroll down like a maniac as well, so I guess it is functional.

Perhaps it is a gesture towards my younger years, when I probably was that skinny.

Let me rid you of the burden of having an ugly av!

On-topic, even after tweaking it several times, when I played the PC version of Halo I felt the controls and overall movement gave the impression that gravity was lacking. Is there any console FPS which has a tighter feel?

post-64-1121649878.gif

post-64-1121649887.gif

post-64-1121649893.gif

post-64-1121649920.gif

post-64-1121649930.gif

post-64-1121649937.gif

post-64-1121649945.gif

post-64-1121649951.gif

post-64-1121649958.gif

alanschu, what the heck are you talking about.  Did you not read the topic.  Also, what is with the stick figure pic.

Someone asked me about my avatar, so I explained it.

I also went on to say that at one point, I had mad GoldenEye skills, but now I'm a bumbling fool in console FPS games. I guess it wasn't perfectly clear, but it's because of the control scheme.

I don't think you have enough posts under your belt to be tweaking out on people yet... :wub:

Ok maybe i shouldnt have tweaked but Darque you have to admit alanschu's answer was pretty freakin' random

Mostly I was just bored.  But it helps me pick out my posts when I scroll down like a maniac as well, so I guess it is functional.

Perhaps it is a gesture towards my younger years, when I probably was that skinny.

Let me rid you of the burden of having an ugly av!

Those aren't exactly good choices. :wub:

I don't think you have enough posts under your belt to be tweaking out on people yet... :p

Ok maybe i shouldnt have tweaked but Darque you have to admit alanschu's answer was pretty freakin' random

Well he was asked about it. :wub: