Movie clips

Anyone make any of these or know of some links to some that are in-game clips, not the official trailers and such?

I've been messing around with it and debating whether or not to buy full-FRAPS. :- It's pretty fun to make Kotor2 movies tho...hehe...something besides still screens.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Machinima? Never tried, though it is a growing phenomena. (There is a cartoon on children's morning tv made from Halo, I believe ...)

It is a very cheap method to storyboard a film idea, for all budding directors.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Huh?

I'm just talking about avi clips....you're confusing me....not that confusing me is hard to do... :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh, you mean the little movies that are unlocked as your PC explores further into the game universe?

Maybe try Darth333's website; there are bound to be tools to do it (I couldn't find it immediately, but I'm sure she can help.)

:-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh...no, I don't need tools...I have those...was just wondering if anyone had made any.

And I mean .avi movies...where you record while playing the game and you end up with an outrageously large file for a very short running length....even w/compression. :D

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/temp/trio-swing4.avi (500KB)

Dunno...works for me when I play it from the link.

Edit - oh...doh...I thought I edited that link...it was wrong...I'll do it again. :-

*but it could be your Win settings or whatever...

Hmm...maybe there's some compression codecs you can't view for some reason.

I changed the compression codec (and link, again)...can you (or anyone) see it now?

Came out better too.

Here's a bigger one of Atton decimating a bunch of bots (on GoTo's ship). Not that many folks probably want to download a big file for 18 seconds of video...ehehehe....but it's fun trying to make them.

It's a little dim...that spot on the ship was pretty dark...

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/temp/atton-fight7.avi (5.1MB)

Here's a bigger one of Atton decimating a bunch of bots (on GoTo's ship). Not that many folks probably want to download a big file for 18 seconds of video...ehehehe....but it's fun trying to make them.

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/temp/atton-fight7.avi  (5.1MB)

:p Yay for Atton. How did you get the menu stuff to disappear? (Like the things on the bottom,on the top, etc)

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Perhaps you should try to do some panning to make it look a bit more interesting next time.

Yeah...I tried a bit of that. Hard to control it to make it smooth and it often results in the camera view zooming outrageously onto the characters (all you see is their nose all of a sudden). Mostly luck and the area you're trying to capture in. Haven't been lucky yet. heh

How did you get the menu stuff to disappear?

WMV9 VCM compression codec has a crop option built in to it's set-up options that you see/is loaded into your compression software. Or something.

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/temp/atton-fight7.avi  (5.1MB)

Now that one worked. Plusgood.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Glad to know that codec works for you. I figure it's a fairly safe one to use.

I paid for FRAPS & I'm now trying to figure out the best FPS to log the movies. Apparently, recording at 50-60FPS makes the animation and the sound completely out of sync with each other. :D

Thought it might be the low FPS I get with 1600x1200/AA/AF on high that I like to use but it still happened at 800x600.

Does anyone know the actual cell-count FPS of the game? I guess they don't have many unique frames per saber-swing, for example. Not that I'm sure that has anything to do with it. Just a curious thing.

Um, I think it's variable, isn't it? Based on the power of your Graphics Processor (VRAM, MHz, Vertex Shaders, Flim-Flam Tubes ... ) and the complexity of the on-the-fly polygon drawings ...

Certainly it is a measure used in the Game magazines to test the performance of graphics chips; Far Cry fps on a set resolution, for example.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah...they can draw as many FPS as they like I guess, but it doesn't mean they're all unique artist-rendered cells - ie, they duplicate to increase the number. Depends on the game I'm sure tho.

Maybe it's more a question of how well the soundtrack can adapt to the speed of FPS vs. the capturing process or something. I mean, things like Atton's voice yelling "More where that came from!" while he's still running to the baddie or vice versa etc (it's in-sync in-game, just not the resultant captured movie). :D

Sounds like just the sort of fiddly little prblem that might consume far too much time, only to be solved by a simple configuration / technique / application that is initially unbeknownst ... :lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I live for those kind of fiddly little problems! :D

I live for those kind of fiddly little problems! :D

I am tempted to make some rude comment about your personal affairs. I shall not succumb to the urge, however. (Remember, even Jesus was tempted.) :devil:

I respectfully withdraw the insinuation that was thought out loud.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

*scratches head*

I guess I don't get that one. :geek:

I found an option in my compression program that re-syncs stuff, so I guess I found an initially unbeknownst solution. :) Tho it sometimes causes tiny pauses.

After unsuccessfully trying to make a cool clip of the 1st meeting with Visas, I'm entertaining myself making avi's of all my fave cut-scenes & dialogues etc.

Here's the last Atton/Di cutscene in the series of 4 that occurs if you have more influence with Disciple over Atton - the one in the cargo bay. It's zipped this time. I have no plans to upload the rest....maybe on my site someday. heh

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/movies/cs-diat4.zip (7.8MB)

Back to trying to get that Visas scene....gar.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally have a clip maybe worth sharing. o:) I think it's not too bad for my first major, non-expert effort at editing/splicing together all these little bits. Argh that was time-consuming! :wub:

Click here to get to the page that links to them.

If you're not on DSL/broadband I'd skip it...