NHL is back

Titosros

"Had the Leafs bought Nolan out today, they would have had to pay him $3.8 million, an amount that would not have gone against this season's $39-million salary cap. But Nolan claimed that an injury suffered in a game in April, 2004 was misdiagnosed by Leaf doctors and that his current knee problems are directly associated with that injury. Injured players can be bought out, but only for the entire amount of their contract. Since Nolan maintained he was injured all through last year's lockout season, he also wants to be paid the $6.5 million that he would have made last year had he spent the entire season on the injured list."

Oh yeah. Players aren't greedy at all.. Some people.  :-

Source: http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...d=1122587412905

The Nolan situation really bugs me. The guy has been off the ice for an entire season but he waits until NOW to have surgery?

Not only does it smack of being greedy on his part to make the Leafs pay his salary, but it shows a lack of heart since now he'll miss 6 months (including the first 3 months of the season), instead of having the surgery a few months ago while there was no hockey.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And has Scott Gomez recovered from his broken pelvis yet? Lucky Lou has a lot of work to do (sung to the scooby doo theme song)

As for Owen Nolan, I can just see Jeremy Jacobsen of Boston getting ready to roll out a 4 year 28 million dollar deal. []sarcasm[/]

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

And the only Owen Nolan moment I've ever enjoyed ( I've played too much against a buddy who just loves the Sharks on NHL 2000 for the PS1 ) was when he pointed top shelf on Hasek at that all-star game a few years back.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

If Messier went back to Edmonton, I would squeal like a freakin' fan-girl, then sell a kidney so we could afford to go see a game.

Back in the day, Messier lived nextdoor to one of my friends, and we would "spy" on him. Heh.

October 5th is the official starting day for hockey....I'm just hoping by then the NHL will get a TV contract, so I can actually watch the games.

If nothing else, Omaha did get an AHL team, and we'll definitley go to those games.

I still don't know how to feel about them bringing back shootouts. But I guess it will make the games more exciting and bring in more money.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

Messier in Edmonton would be quite appropriate for what's likely his final season.

It'd surely get fans in the seats, although I doubt that'd be a problem. When Edmonton offered to return money to season ticket holders or allow season ticket holders to earn a small percentage as "investment" in the team, virtually all of them kept their season tickets.

All in all there's quite the buzz in the air about the prospects, as well as any unrestricted free agents.

I have Mark Messier to thank for my relationship with Sarah. When we first met, Sarah decided to have nothing to do with me initially, so I put together a Mark Messier flash cartoon, where he insisted that Sarah give me a shot.

Apparently it worked.

When we first met, Sarah decided to have nothing to do with me initially, so I put together a Mark Messier flash cartoon, where he insisted that Sarah give me a shot.

That could easily be the nerdiest way to hit on a woman I've ever heard about.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

After a noneventful draft, it looks like things are picking up today. Mighty Mike Keenan gets the George Ferguson Jr. award for 'they might be old, but they are younger than me' in signing both Niewendyck and Gary Roberts. If those two manage to play 70 games between the two of them this year I'll be suprised.

But on a more positive note, the Oilers jettisoned Brad Isbister to Boston.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The big Joe/Gary trade to Florida might pan out if they actually make the playoffs. Now Keenan just needs to acquire some defencemen who aren't afraid of forwards in their zone... -_-

And Adam Foote has just signed on with Columbus. I am really liking the new look Avalanche... ;)

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif