Cusdody Battle over Online Characters.

So what's more important to you - the roof over your head or the characters you've created in your favourite MMORPG?

For a Mr. Wang of Chongqing, China, it's definitely the latter. He's currently involved in a bitter dispute over ownership of characters and virtual items in Legend of Mir 2 with his soon-to-be ex-wife, Ms. Ye.

According to the Chongqing Business Post, Ye and Wang met online whilst playing the game last September and married four weeks later. Over the following months they jointly opened more than ten LoM2 accounts and attained level 40 to 50 status for all of their characters, before deciding to divorce in June.

Now the couple are locked in a struggle to decide who should get to keep the accounts and items acquired, said to be worth up to 50,000 yuan - around

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Not Everquest this time? Mindnumbing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh theres been loads of lineage weirdness over the last month.

A baby died while it's parents played the game at some sort of cyber cafe

A kid died of some sort of fit after playing for a day without a break

Someone was killed over a virtual transaction about something called a Dragon Sword.

And China has opened a clinic for online addiction where you get fed clear goop and have your nerve endings stimulated by a team of 24 nurses.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Japan and China are becoming weirder than all of Kim Jong-Ill's madness combined. I don't think there's any other place on earth which combines reality and fantasy as well as either of those two places. Japan remains the main offender, though.

I hate Japan.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Well, I have seen people actually cry from losing a dagger in WoW. ;)

People need to get lives or something. Its a good thing many of those caught in MMO havent really discovered better living through chemistry.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

Well, I have seen people actually cry from losing a dagger in WoW.  :)

People need to get lives or something.  Its a good thing many of those caught in MMO havent really discovered better living through chemistry.

This is why I don't think I could ever play a MMO.

Granted I did beta test SWG ;) But that was enough to break me of the concept.

SWG was nothing but grinding... in fact I worked harder playing that "game" than I ever did working a job ;)

from what I understand of MMOs, I don't think a nongrinder is possible.

I'll stick to big "world games" like Morrowind :D

With Tabula Rasa, level grinding isn't focused on. There are instanced missions so you only play with the people you want to play with.

You can teleport around to avoid lengthy travelling just to hook up with your friends.

When you start an instanced quest, if you fail, you can restart the quest. Heck, if you succeed, you can do it again and try another strategy like stealth.

You can save your character build, and go back to it if you don't like the choices you've made with character development lately.

Everyone gets housing, and an allowance for decorating your housing with items, for free.

You can rebuild your character at any time. If a group needs a certian type of character, and you want to play with them, then reallocate your character points.

The game also features a new ideogram language made specifically for the game, and tons of neat features. It's been designed from the ground up to remove the parts of MMOs that aren't fun and focus on the parts that are fun.

And it's being designed by people who brought you the Ultima games.

I can't. My synaptic reserves were overloaded by the last episode of Excel Saga. Right now I can't think anything remotely positive or rational which came from Japan.

kirottu said:

Guest GroinOfDespair

They shouldn't have gotten married in the first place and they wouldn't have worried about divorce.

Marriage is just an excuse to develop enough false intimacy to truly strike out against someone you might have tricked into loving you so that you can savor the bitter satisfaction like sweet, sweet absinthe.

And I don't have time for evercrack. I write poetry instead.

Now I hate Japan even more.

:thumbsup:Thanks

kirottu said:

Guest GroinOfDespair

Plugging yourself into a machine?

How ironic. Continue if you must, but I have little sympathy for you.

Does WoW let you rebuild your characters on the fly?

From what I've seen Tabula Rasa mentioned all these concepts about 3 years ago, and then other games started implementing them.

Sort of. You can pay a small amount of money and have all your talents get reset and you can respecify.

The best for rebuilding your character is probably Guild Wars, at least of what I've seen so far.

I like both GW and WoW, and I actually subscribed to WoW despite vowing I never would :p