Japanese Support for Next-Gen Consoles

Guest Fishboot
60% of survey respondents were most excited about the PS3, where as 8% were most excited about the Revolution, and 2% about the 360.  30% were undecided.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=5893

Might be a good idea to clarify that this is a survey of consumers. For some reason I got the impression you meant Japanese devs before I read the link. Also, I'm totally shocked that some Japanese folks gave an insular response... :p"

Hmm, you'd think with the number of big names Billy was able to get to work on the 360, there'd be most support (as it is, Lost Odyssey is probably the most interesting next-gen console game).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Hmm, you'd think with the number of big names Billy was able to get to work on the 360, there'd be most support (as it is, Lost Odyssey is probably the most interesting next-gen console game).

Those are lower than the Xbox Japanese market share numbers right now.

I really hope Lost Odyssey isnt the most interesting next gen game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Huh!? Xbox 360 is that low? Please.. I feel sad for Microsoft.. they're even more interested in the Revolution.. *hysterical laughter!*

But hey, what did you mean by: "so Europe probably places just below Japan."? Did Xbox sell bad in Europe? At least it seems really popular here in Sweden soo..uhm.. Do you have any statistics about marketshares? I'd be interested in seeing them. :)

It's not such a big surprise that Japanese gamers are not psyched about the Xbox 360, even after its redesigned prettification and despite some high-profile defections (Itagaki, Mizuguchi, and Sakaguchi just to name a few). Japanese consumers never really got into the Xbox: about 460,000 units have sold in Japan since launch. To put that number in perspective, think about this: the PS2 sold twice that...in the first two days.

http://egm.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3141932

Huh!? Xbox 360 is that low? Please.. I feel sad for Microsoft.. they're even more interested in the Revolution.. *hysterical laughter!*

But hey, what did you mean by: "so Europe probably places just below Japan."? Did Xbox sell bad in Europe? At least it seems really popular here in Sweden soo..uhm.. Do you have any statistics about marketshares? I'd be interested in seeing them. :thumbsup:

I did have then my computer blew up.

I'll see if I can track something down but no promises.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]