Junction Point Studios -more info

Guest Fishboot
Worse than Super Mario Bros the movie?

Worse than Alone in the Dark?

Worse than House of the Dead?

Worse than Street Fighter?

Worse than Mortal Kombat 2?  (Apparently a fourth is in the works?)

Worse than Double Dragon?

Wing Commander wasn't nearly as bad as any of those.

Wing Commander actually had a little potential, though... no, hell, the bad guys were friggin' cat people, it was never going to be a good movie. Nevermind.

The scariest thing about Super Mario Brothers (This Ain't No Game, It's a Live-Action Thrill Ride! Can two plumbers save the world from going down the drain?) was not Bob Hoskins playing Mario (how peeved would you be to play Luigi, the lesser known brother of the star of video games world-wide?) but Dennis Hopper playing King Koopa.

Or was it that it won two awards ?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest Surlent
Robb Thomas - AI Programmer

Robb got his PhD in Computer Science from Northwestern University, with a specialization in artificial intelligence. He joined Ion Storm Austin in 2004 to work on AI for the third game in the Deus Ex series before the studio was shut down and that project was put on hold. He joined Junction Point Studios in March 2005.

Interesting note here. We always suspected DX3 was on the way (NOT Snowblind) and even some people claimed to have sources which told the game was coming.

Would be nice to see some screens or hear stuff kinda like we heard from Van Buren after these years.

EDIT: Seems like Ricardo Bare was DX3 Lead Designer

More recently, Ricardo was Lead Designer on Deus Ex: Invisible War, and was, at the time of Ion Storm's closure, Lead Designer on a third game set in the Deus Ex universe. He left Ion Storm at the end of 2004 to join Junction Point Studios as Lead Designer on their first title.

Would be nice to see some screens or hear stuff kinda like we heard from Van Buren after these years.

About their Fantasy RPG, or about DX3?

As (since Ion Storm is no longer existant) DX3 is on Hold (also says over there) and if it is still in production an other company should have taken over..., which is very unlikely to make a Good Game...

Guest Surlent

Both actually, but DX3 for now. Just like people wanted to know about Jefferson and Van Buren when they went down, out of curiousity.

Ah, you mean pictures of how it would have looked like, but since it was scrapped...?

Only knew they did that with C&C Renegade 2...

But I guess since DX3 was not very long in production (or so it would seem, wasn't it locked down right after Thief 3?) it either:

1) looks a lot like DX:IW

2) Uses U3 Engine and then it would most likely be a bit untextured everywhere...

But I have been wrong loads of time, so hope there is something to show...

Robb Thomas - AI Programmer

Robb got his PhD in Computer Science from Northwestern University, with a specialization in artificial intelligence. He joined Ion Storm Austin in 2004 to work on AI for the third game in the Deus Ex series before the studio was shut down and that project was put on hold. He joined Junction Point Studios in March 2005.

More recently, Ricardo was Lead Designer on Deus Ex: Invisible War, and was, at the time of Ion Storm's closure, Lead Designer on a third game set in the Deus Ex universe. He left Ion Storm at the end of 2004 to join Junction Point Studios as Lead Designer on their first title.

Sounds like Deus Ex 3 is still a going concern, I don't care as much about the game engine (UT2007 has just been announced, btw) as (Sur-PRISE) the writing.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest Surlent

I doubt Eidos would allow anything to be released since they still own all the rights and in their eyes the project is either on hold or completely cancelled. But yeah, some screens or info about the game's story / gameplay mechanics would be interesting to know at least just to hear what they were planning to do with 3rd part of the series.

I'm not sure if the DX3 dev team was same as Thief3, because unfortunately Ion laid off many from the Thief3 team after the project was done. And that time Ionstorm had two times, the other had worked previously on DX:IW. Sides Thief3 was released somewhere around last year and even though Ion storm went down few months ago and Junction point was formed, it still leaves good gap of time between there.

I really would love to look forward to this new project from Junction Point, but since Warren Spector kept defending the design choices in Deus Ex: Invisible War I haven't been able to work up any enthusiasm for his work. I mean, sure he's made a LOT of really good games. But that doesn't mean he can't lose touch with his old 'game feel'. To me Deus Ex: Invisible War proves somewhat that he's really lost it. He can no longer automatically see what's a good feature in a game and what's not. Deus Ex: Invisible War really was a parade of horrible design choices.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I admit IW is a horrible sequal, but I would think that he should be given a second chance. It's similar to westwood, they learned from the mistake in Tiberian sun and went on to make Red Alert 2 before they were folded into EA's personal studios. Give the Man a chance.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I admit IW is a horrible sequal, but I would think that he should be given a second chance. It's similar to westwood, they learned from the mistake in Tiberian sun and went on to make Red Alert 2 before they were folded into EA's personal studios. Give the Man a chance.

Until it's on the shelf this is all pointless speculation anyway. This would only be valid if you had to buy the game right now :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]