KOTOR 3 Update

When asked about when KOTOR 3 will be announced. A good friend of mine who has a few friends on the inside had this to say.

"Right now, they're actually talking '07, perhaps late '06 at the absolute, utter, utter earliest. Two reasons: the aforementioned Presidio-move, which will require time for them to get their development schedule back on track with the outsourced subsidiary "boutiques" after they're settled; and second, the outcry that greeted Knights II's release, and the "incompletion controversy."

They're not wanting to brook another incident like that, thus they are taking their time putting this one together. They're not rushing it. In fact, their only major "licensed" title seen at E3 was the next Indiana Jones game...everything else is hush-hush, including KOTOR III. But is is being worked on. Planned for the Xbox 360 and PC.

From what my acquaintance tells me, it's no accident that LucasArts is attempting to reinvent itself more along the lines of EA -- come up with the initial idea, hand that idea off to "specialty" houses that truly care about the material, allow them to develop and hone that material to perfection (this is obviously a very new philosophy, as one can tell), then handle the marketing, packaging, and final release of the game.

The main reason Obsidian was so easily buffaloed, rather than BioWare, was that BioWare happens to be a long-established powerhouse in the industry, not readily bullied by Lucas Corporate. As a company, Obsidian's a relative gosling, still paying its dues, and fighting hard for every development deal. Thus, the hardline stance after the first KOTOR hit huge, and the...er..."revised" release schedule for the sequel.

After the Night of the Long Knives at LucasArts this past year -- and the crummy treatment they inflicted upon Obsidian, which HAS tainted their image in the industry, have no doubts about that -- they are trying hard to redesign their business practices and do right by their cli

KOTOR 2 must be completed

So, in other words, Ill tell them I think there will be a K3 without confirming anything or releasing any pertinent details that might be disproved. Good job. :thumbsup:

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I wish the news were true, but I don't buy it.

Your inside source should know better if they really know anything at all.

EA doesn't come up with ideas and then hand them to specialty developers who care about projects. EA buys out developers with existing ideas, and is seen as the worst publishing house in the industry. They are currently being sued for not paying their employees.

Again, I hope this news is accurate, but I doubt it.

Who here really believes inside industry sources would honestly say EA "come up with the initial idea, hand that idea off to "specialty" houses that truly care about the material, allow them to develop and hone that material to perfection"?

When has EA ever done that?

Im gonna have to go with alternate universe Charybdis, which sucks all the goodness to it.

Charybdis was the whirlpool monster in Greek Myth.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

My wife's GYN/OB called me a major geek because I knew who Pandora was. She had heard someone name their child Pandora, and when I mentioned it being ****ed up, and explained the myth, the doctor was shocked anyone in the world would actually remember Greek mythology. I think Pandora is one of the more commonly known myths. I also used to think doctors were smart.

I have this friend, who knows a guy that sold his soul to become friends with some dude's wife's girlfriends little girl, that knows a guy in vicinity of LA that overheard a security guy that said something along the lines of KOTOR 3 being in development.

WOOHOO!! Another KOTOR. AND IF I DON'T GET IT ASAP!!!!!11111ELeventy-one I'm gonna so fug up LA beeecuz I am l33t h4x0r and demand KOTOR 3, and it better bees Revan becuz Revan ROX....imagine how coolz0rs it wouldz be if we was Revan and r0x0red like 10000 guys at once with lightsaber because he's l33t with madz skillz0rs d00d!

EDIT: I actually feel dumber having written this post.