Did you vote for "Game of the Year"

mike12

Did you vote for "Game of the Year"  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote for "Game of the Year"

• 1) Yes I did!
    • 2) No I didn't!

"There are basically two towns in the game"

Proof you ahven't played the game since there are two towns and one city in the game. And, it's 20-30 hours of actual gameplay which not counting KOTOR2's awful inventory maze is about the same length. The same goes for KOTOR1.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I played and beat Jade Empire.  It was fun for a couple hours, but it was very short.  There are basically two towns in the game.

Heh. They call anything an empire, these days.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I played and beat Jade Empire.  It was fun for a couple hours, but it was very short.  There are basically two towns in the game.

;)

Maybe it's a very young empire, and it will get larger as it grows older ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

DOOR NUMBAH 2!

Entirely because Tech TV went from the most awesome station in the world, to the worst in the world after the merger with G4, so quite frankly I really doing give a rats ass about their, or their viewers opinion anymore.  With the exception of the honorable Adam Sessler, and whoever else is left from pre-merger Tech TV (not much), and even then, only off screen really. 

And all the TechTV fans said "Amen." :D I really can't believe what G4's done to our proud and noble TechTV. I mean, the cancelled Call for Help for Video Game Vixens?!? WTF?! I was willing to give "The Whip Set" a shot, hoping that at least there might be a few cars, but no. I think during the entire hour there was about 2 minutes of cars and 58 minutes of bouncing boobs. <_< Thank God for TWIT.

Yeah, I was pretty pissed when I couldn't even go to Phoenix Gate. It sounded like the kind of place that would actually keep me awake. I never beat the game on CF, I fell asleep halfway through my second game. <_<

sig2.gif

I enjoyed JE my first time through as OP. I also enjoyed it until the Lotus Assassin fortress my second time through as CF. After that it became more action than RPG and I started to lose interest (especially since having played the game one time I knew what was going to come).

I do wish they included Phoenix Gate though. The game just seemed a tad short with not many travel areas as it was.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

1) What is G4 ? :huh:

2) Why should I care about their awards ? ;)

3) No :o

4) If I had voted, it would be a toss up between K2 and VMBL :cool:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would not vote for KotOR 2. I liked it overall, but the parts I didn't like made me cringe. I would have to go with Bloodlines. It is a truly inspired game. Too bad Troika only managed to get out one title that lived up to their so-called "pedigree."

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Reading is fundamental jodo kast 5.

You know, the really sad thing is that their avatars are completely different, as are their signatures. ;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Bloodlines, and if were including that it's very close to KOTOR2. In fact, I'd say BL is better than KOTOR; but it makes what bugs that KOTOR2 has look harmless. LOL

You mean like comparing Jodo's posts with those of Calax? 'Cause that ain't pretty...

and neither are you meta.

How did I get the blame for that?

Listen, infant, fight your own battles, don't drag me into them. Obviously you have a lot of people thinking very poorly of you, so it makes no difference whether you attack me or not.

Clown.

You know, the really sad thing is that their avatars are completely different, as are their signatures. ;)

Maybe he's sight-impaired as well as a juvenile?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Bloodlines, and if were including that it's very close to KOTOR2. In fact, I'd say BL is better than KOTOR; but it makes what bugs that KOTOR2 has look harmless. LOL

You mean like comparing Jodo's posts with those of Calax? 'Cause that ain't pretty...

and neither are you meta.

How did I get the blame for that?

Listen, infant, fight your own battles, don't drag me into them. Obviously you have a lot of people thinking very poorly of you, so it makes no difference whether you attack me or not.

Clown.

You know, the really sad thing is that their avatars are completely different, as are their signatures. :o

Maybe he's sight-impaired as well as a juvenile?

flaming as usual meta ;) .

Uhm.. My cousin is playing Jade Empire right now (15 minute sessions!) and he's right at the end. You know how the game keeps count of how long you've played? Last time I checked he was at 11 hours and some 40 minutes (can't remember the exact amount) and he was right at the end (Chapter 6, some outer courtyard or something). Are you telling me that Chapter 7 picks up speed again and lasts for a whole 8-18 hours more..? The last few chapters in the game have been VERY weak (the spirit realm sucked) and I frankly don't understand how anyone could honestly call this the "RPG of the year".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The last few chapters in the game have been VERY weak (the spirit realm sucked) and I frankly don't understand how anyone could honestly call this the "RPG of the year".

The main problem I had with it is after you infiltrate the Lotus Assassin fortress, the game can hardly be called a RPG since it resembles more of an action game with very few roleplaying opportunities.

It wasn't bad up until that point, but I think they should have made it longer (ie. included Phoenix Gate) so that the player would feel like they'd actually travelled to various areas.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)