KotOR II Movie/Music Patch Coming Soon

Guest MacleodCorp
:huh:

Thank you for this Great Input

Now, can you tell us what this :huh: is about, so we can explain?

:-"

PS: John Morgan has arrived. Our wish might have been heard...

My sister is an English Teacher, and I have picked up the skill of ripping apart scentence structure. I am not the greatest at English, but I can pull out obvious adjectives and state of being.

Sorry!! :-

Guest MacleodCorp

Here is a major problem with this topic: "KotOR II Movie/Music Patch Coming Soon".

I have a newphew about the age of 14. When I see the words, "Soon" or in the "Next Few Days", and nothing happens, I can't help but wonder how many 14 year olds are in this room. As an adult, I can handle the patience, but those kids who have high hopes, have very little patience. As an adult, I can understand it takes time to send a game fix out. How about a 14 year old that walks into these forums, and sees that his or her game is getting fixed? They see the words "Soon", "In a Few Days", and/or "Early as Next Week", and you know what that does to them?!?!? It is horrible! You see, when I question people around here, it is because no one is sticking up for that 14 year old.

As an adult, I can understand, so I am asking the admins, developers, and mediators to choose your words carefully. You never know who is reading these posts.

Please,

DarthMacLeod

Here is a major problem with this topic: "KotOR II Movie/Music Patch Coming Soon".

I have a newphew about the age of 14. When I see the words, "Soon" or in the "Next Few Days", and nothing happens, I can't help but wonder how many 14 year olds are in this room. As an adult, I can handle the patience, but those kids who have high hopes, have very little patience. As an adult, I can understand it takes time to send a game fix out. How about a 14 year old that walks into these forums, and sees that his or her game is getting fixed? They see the words "Soon", "In a Few Days", and/or "Early as Next Week", and you know what that does to them?!?!? It is horrible! You see, when I question people around here, it is because no one is sticking up for that 14 year old.

As an adult, I can understand, so I am asking the admins, developers, and mediators to choose your words carefully. You never know who is reading these posts.

Please,

DarthMacLeod

The 14 year olds will get over it.....especially if you give them the rational capabilities that you seem to attribute to them.

Guest MacleodCorp

I went to the source, LucasArts.com, and placed a letter in the email. I have asked them to release some 'Customer Statement', which responds to the overwelming out cry for a 'Tech Patch', and 'Music and Sound Patch'. I will post the response in these forums. Either they will or will not respond. If they do not respond, I would make your voice heard at: LucasArts.com. But not here! Since LucasArts deals with the patch, and they are the publisher, it would be wise to get in touch with them...

ObsidianEnt did their job, now lets do ours... Lets support ObsidianEnt, and let our voices be heard at: LucasArts.com...

I have also added a small thread, which people can reply to, which can be found here: http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?th...=55125&tstart=0

Maybe as one, we can get some answers...

I don't think they'll respond. Atleast not with anything more than "we know the problem and we assure you we are looking to rectify it" followed by absolutely no effort on their part to rectify it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest MacleodCorp

To be honest, I don't think there is any attempt being made by 'Lucas Arts' to please their customers. I think some of us have exhausted our efforts are now walking away from any 'Patch' hopes. I will still continue to play the game, but I don't think for too much longer.

Obsidian Ent. has done all they could, and you can tell they have tried. Luca Arts is the main problem, and I think its pretty much time to close the subject.

When it comes down to it, the chances of them releasing any patch in the future is slim. We have been waiting three months for a patch that was due for release in April. At this moment, the game is seven months old. 'KotOR I' was over a year old when people started to walk away from it. As you look at the forums, you will notice there is a slight decline. If 'Lucas Arts' cared about their product, they would have done something earlier.

When it all comes down to it, there is two facts that remain constant: Lucas Arts has not released the patch, and has not posted information about it. Unless they post something over at LucasArts.com, then I consider this a lost cause...

Last Patch: 1.0b

Date Released: 04/14/05

If it is really the case, buying any game from LucasArts is a lost cause for me.

Agreed. No more LucasArts games. And I will be very reluctant to purchase anything else developed by Obsidian. Specifically, as much as ppl say that it's all LucasArt's fault, I notice that Chris Avellone has nothing negative to say about LucasArts and says Obsidian would like to work on the next KotOR in an interview here:

http://www.gamer-girl.org/features/avelloneint2.html

In my book, its not possible for Obsidian to have it both ways, i.e., we're a quality company despite all the problems we haven't fixed in this game because it's all LucasArts' fault, but we want to do all of this again with LucasArts. I continue to believe that Obsidian is part of the problem until and unless they do something about the problems in this game, or Obsidian demonstrates otherwise.

And btw, I do know that some other games also have problems. The bad actions of other companies don't absolve LA and Obsidian of thier duty to stand behind what they make and sell. There are plenty of good games where the publisher and developer resolve all problems that they are aware of. And Microsoft, for all of its faults, sells WindowsXP for roughly twice what this game cost but has issued a hundred or so patches to fix problems there.

MCA is a professional. Obsidian lives and dies on the ability to solicit money from publishers. If he threw their publisher under the bus, it would ruin the company.

No one throws Atari, EA, LucasArts or any of the bad publishers under the bus, because it is bad form.

MCA is a professional.  Obsidian lives and dies on the ability to solicit money from publishers.  If he threw their publisher under the bus, it would ruin the company.

No one throws Atari, EA, LucasArts or any of the bad publishers under the bus, because it is bad form.

One who aids and abets a crook is also a crook; pure and simple.

MCA is a professional.  Obsidian lives and dies on the ability to solicit money from publishers.  If he threw their publisher under the bus, it would ruin the company.

Clearly you have no business sense.

Lets see how many people support your product when you bad mouth the financial investors.

Clearly you have no business sense.

Lets see how many people support your product when you bad mouth the financial investors.

Look at that interview again. He is actively soliciting work from LA, in response to a question that merely asked "Will be there be a KotOR III".

Despite what you think, sharp or unethical business practices do not reflect good business sense. In the long run, every business reaps what it sows. When you abuse the trust of the consumer, you're walking down a losing path. Finantial investors take into account a company's history of consumer relations. And top notch employees don't stay long with businesses that don't produce top notch products.

I guess Obsidian is an anamoly, considering the amount of top notch employees they have working for them.

By the way, when I said "Financial Investors" I was referring to the publishers like Lucasarts. And yes, they do take the company's history into account, like when they bad mouthed the previous publisher when things didn't go exactly as planned.

"Well, I was going to fund your next l33t game, but since your have a reputation for slagging on your publishers, you're not worth the investment risk....enjoy being unemployed"

Guest GroinOfDespair

Again, what response would be more appropriate?

"We hated working with LucasArts and we don't care what fans want. We would never want to do a KOTOR:3"?

Instead of being a cynic, you're just a bitter idiot.