Battles in next KotOR

Again, don't be a smartass :blink:  :rolleyes:

Sorry man, it's not my problem if you have an obsession with that smiley. And again, instead of posting inane complaints, you could be doing something useful with your time.

I guess.

Maybe.

Perhaps not.

Have gotten home from work and have decided to take a break from school and work. :shifty:

Have gotten home from work and have decided to take a break from school and work. :blink:

Exactly how old are you anyways?

You say you're 19 or something, but originally your profile made you 13, and then you fixed it to where it is now 22 or 23.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i really did like the dynasty warriors fighting, and i think that when fighting mass troops- a common occurance in kotor, accept that there should be blows that hit everything or everyone whos fighting you, also id like smarter and more dexterious enemies that move around a little and give some life off, nihilis did a little bit, at least he flipped alot. and more moves always, and for the fighting styles like ataru and juyo etc there should be certain stances and manuevers for it, for the kool effect

Have gotten home from work and have decided to take a break from school and work. :thumbsup:

Exactly how old are you anyways?

You say you're 19 or something, but originally your profile made you 13, and then you fixed it to where it is now 22 or 23.

yeah wait a minute Jodo, werent you 18 a few days ago? (GoA - it works out as 20yo now :rolleyes:)

eh let him be what he want's to. I just want larger scale battles. Like having attack of the clones style wars. The kotor games seem much too small to be called a war. and you never see large troop actions. it seems more like a brush war or a simple poliece action than a civil war or the rebuilding after one.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

yes but you cant' be a jedi in either of them and force commander (from everything ive read) sux Its like saying that large scale battles would be for Rebellion. I just want things to be large scale in feeling rather than what feels like 2 guy's shouting they don't like you. Republic Commando Conveys this feeling because in the backround you see troops doing their part. In Kotor it's all the single jedi killing people like nothing's wrong is a war.

if you want large scale battles, Kotor isn't the game you are looking for. Aren't battlefront and force commander more suitable for that?

Agreed.

Most of the best lightsaber battles in the movies was when it was just one or two combatants. Apart from the Geonosis ambush, I can't recall seeing a large group of Jedi fighting a large group of enemies.

IMO, it makes little sense to have huge battles going on involving your party, especially considering the fact that you can only have 3 people total (PC plus 2 NPCs) fighting, which would just mean you're up against hordes of enemies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

yes but you cant' be a jedi in either of them and force commander (from everything ive read) sux Its like saying that large scale battles would be for Rebellion. I just want things to be large scale in feeling rather than what feels like 2 guy's shouting they don't like you. Republic Commando Conveys this feeling because in the backround you see troops doing their part. In Kotor it's all the single jedi killing people like nothing's wrong is a war.

What you want is Battlefront 2.

IMO, it makes little sense to have huge battles going on involving your party, especially considering the fact that you can only have 3 people total (PC plus 2 NPCs) fighting, which would just mean you're up against hordes of enemies.

Yeah. Like the Sky... er... thingy on Onderon.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

yes but do your buddies actually hit anything, usually mine get wiped out by slicer boy.

I would think that you would be able to slice through more than one person at a time.

Yeah. Like the Sky... er... thingy on Onderon.

And that's about as big a melee as I want to see in a RPG.

Agreed

I would like to see a duel more like the obi/vader fight from a new hope

how the fight for a bit

talk for a bit

fight some more

and etc.

Malaks fight in k1 was kind of close...but he'd just laugh and suck the life out of jedi...not really the same thing

It would be interesting to have your character or your opponent be able to disarm one another. Like a kick or something to knock their weapon out of their hand.

But of course you'll need that back. Pull an Obi-Wan and flip over them and snag it in the air and cut 'em :(

Seems kinda corny, just a suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, a small scale war would be nice. That and the possibility of attacking or defending against more than one opponent at once. Oh, and maybe a more realistic damage system, like... most things are one hit kill even though it would hinder gameplay.

... most things are one hit kill even though it would hinder gameplay.

That would absolutely suck in a RPG. Maybe if it was a once-in-a-blue-moon chance, but not a regular occurance.

I know. I suppose it's just my need for fairly realistic destruction that makes me want that.

It shoould be Jade Empirish style.

Eh, in some ways I agree, in others I strongly disagree. Jade Empire wasn't as good as they said it should have been. But, some things--parts of the combat system--would maybe suit KoTORIII.

... most things are one hit kill even though it would hinder gameplay.

That would absolutely suck in a RPG. Maybe if it was a once-in-a-blue-moon chance, but not a regular occurance.

I think you could make it work. You'd just have to greatly limit the hit chance, and make it a game between offense and defense values.