The longest journey

I would say that you either have very poor eyesight or is using an 8" monitor. Id say that Antialiasing is absolutely essential, seeing jagged edges on 3D objects really makes me cringe.

Antialiasing is the most important 3D feature after that thing..I dont recall what it was called.. that made textures blur out instead of going pixel-y at close range.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, its totally kickass ;) Ive been plannning on replaying Monkey Island 2 for months but I think Ive heard that theres a CD version with spoken dialouge instead of just text.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

One of the most funny adventure games ever is IMHO Discworld, with Eric Idle (?) as Rincewind. It can be downloaded from Underdogs.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Yeah, its totally kickass :rolleyes: Ive been plannning on replaying Monkey Island 2 for months but I think Ive heard that theres a CD version with spoken dialouge instead of just text.

You can always use scummvm if you want to play old lucasarts adventure games without any problems.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I have the XBox port of scummvm, but no games to run on it.  I'm a sad panda.

Playing Monkey Island on a big TV screen must be something else.

Heja Sverige!!

How can you run the emulators on your XBox (aside from knowing you need a modded XBox)

Do you throw like a linux or something on there, or is there a decent enough OS that someone was able to port an existing emulator to the XBox?

The Software Development Kit that professionals use to make XBox games has been leaked to homebrew developers, so homebrew applications are actually in violation of the XDK liscense. However, there is now an open-source development kit made from scratch that is perfectly legal for the homebrew scene.

You can always use scummvm if you want to play old lucasarts adventure games without any problems.

Im already a ScummVM user, but this version works best with DOSbox. I did use it to play both Beneath a steel sky and Day of the Tentacle

ENDER> Youve never played a LA adventure game?! :mellow: They are the best there is!! Go right out and download/buy the following

Day of the Tentacle

Sam & Max hit the road

Monkey Island 2 (havent played the rest)

Full throttle

Grim Fandango

Theres also the Indiana Jones games but I havent played them.

Anyone who hasn't played a Monkey Island game does not deserve to be called a PC gamer. Get it immediately! :thumbsup:

Look, a three-headed monkey!!

Heja Sverige!!

Grrrrrrr. I'm so a PC Gamer :thumbsup:

Although I did take a hiatus when I was younger, because it was so much easier to get games for consoles....plus I could play them with my friends easier and stuff.

Last console I've owned was PSX though.

Nothing with owning a console. I used to have a SNES myself. I believe we will burn in hell for it though. :thumbsup:

I was thinking about supposedly good games I've never played, and realised the last proper adventure game i've played was Grim Fandango. I've never played The Longest Journey, for example. Why is it considered such a good game?

Heja Sverige!!

I missed out on many good adventure games because I either wasn't playing many PC games at the time, or I was so engaged in a different PC Game (such as Ultima VII, or Half-Life) that the game came and went without even registering a blip on my radar.

Although I didn't really get back into PC gaming until about 1999. I had always had some good PC games, in addition to my console gaming. But 1999 is when I pretty much quit playing consoles.

I've always been a PC gamer because I never got any consoles until i have my PS2. I really want an XBOX but it's going out of style for the 360, So i may just get an XBOB... Or just shut up about nonexsistant products. :p

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Its very nice the subtle adult themes present in the game, like how its the most natural thing in the world that the landladies are lesbians and Zack the bastard asks if youre going to "put out" and so on.

pg-13 games really get on my nerves sometimes

It may be 2 years before we see the XBox 360 or PS3 near the $150 price range, and that is when most console sales occur. Yet for around $200 you can have a nice modded XBox with all kinds of functionality and a huge game library.