More Story Info

I stumbled on quite a bit more of the story info. It rurns out that whenever you load or save a game, the loading/saving screen contains some story info. The info changes dedending on the module at the time of loading/saving. I found that the Malachor V and Ravenger modules have quite a bit of story info - so I have copied all of the info on the Ravenger and Malachor V loading/saving screens below.

Btw, to see all of this in your own game, just repeatedly do a quicksave (F4) at a given location, the go to the "dialog" screen. All of the loading/saving info is found there.

Loading/Saving Screens from the Ravenger

The Sith fleet attacking Telos appears to be composed of many damaged warships... the wreckage of a great battle.

All in close proximity to Visas' master find themselves succumbing to his power... and are slowly devoured by it.

The Ravenger was hauled from the gravity well at Malachor V by its new master. He used it to escape imprisonment on Malachor V.

Loading/Saving Screens from Malachor V

Malachor V is the greatest tragedy of the Mandalorian Wars, an atrocity greater than any the Mandaorians ever inflicted on the Republic.

Malachor was a forbidden world to the Mandalorians - a cultural taboo that Revan used against them.

Revan marshaled the tattered remnants of the Republic fleet at Malachor, using them as bait for the Mandalorians.

It is no coincidence that the Republic fleet at Malachor was composed of soldiers and Jedi whose loyalties to Revan were in doubt.

The gravitonic anomalies in the Malachor System are what made Bao-Dur's mass shadow generator possible.

The resultant destruction of Malachor V destroyed almost the entire Mandalorian fleet - and many of the Republic's ships as well.

Malachor V's surface is constantly shifting, the planets continually crushing against each other, Earthquakes and eruptions of poison gas are frequent.

The storms of Malachor V are enough to draw down even the strongest of ships. Once on the surface, there is little chance of escape.

The constant pressure of war can erode even the will of the strongest Jedi... and turn them to the Sith.

The death of so many Jedi, all connected to each other, created an echo in the Force.

If the echoes in the force are not stopped, they will build and spread, until all who can hear it will be deafeded of killed.

The Trayus Academy on Malachor is an ancient structure that was built thousands of years before the Mandalorian Wars.

Revan walked the halls of the Trayus Academy, using its knowledge to learn more of the Sith - and the presence of Korriban and other dark side worlds.

Revan used the Trayus Academy to influence the battle above Malachor V, using its power to affect the tide if battle and corrupt others to the Sith.

The Trayus Academy somehow survived the Malachor V event - and fed on it, drawing Jedi to its surface to teach them of the Sith.

Sion, Traya, and Nihilus, all were drawn to its surface after the destruction of Malachor V. Each learned a different techniqie of what the academy had to offer.

From the teachings of the Trayus Academy, Sion learned pain, Nihilus learned hunger, and Traya learned betrayal... and then was betrayed in turn.

Traya used her skills at manipulation to assume the dominatoin of the other Sith Lords. She wished to stucy Malachor V and the echoes it was causing in the Force.

Unwilling to wait to do battle with the Jedi, Sion and Nihilus turned on Traya and began their shadow war against the Jedi.

Malachor V is the greatest tragedy of the Mandalorian Wars, an atrocity greater than any the Mandaorians ever inflicted on the Republic.
The game illustrated this poorly. Not enough detail to make me believe this statement.

The game illustrated this poorly. Not enough detail to make me believe this statement.

Yes and yes! When you compare, for example, the detail of Atton's or Bao Dur's comments about some of the atrocities committed by the Mandalorians with the sparce details of the Malachor V destruction, its hard to understand how Malachor V could have been equivalent, much less worse, than the actions of the Mandalorians. Having said that, I would also add that this info, provided only as loading screen info, really makes me rethink my impressions of the Exile. Too bad there wasn't similar info/emphasis elsewhere in the game.

I remember a K1 loading screen which I think said something like:

True Sith died out millenia ago. Sith today are not a species, but followers of an ideal.

That might not be the exact wording but you can see how K2 blatantly contradicts it. (Granted, they haven't proven they exist, and I hope they never do, but they've sold the idea pretty hard and many people have bought it)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

True Sith died out millenia ago. Sith today are not a species, but followers of an ideal.

That might not be the exact wording but you can see how K2 blatantly contradicts it. (Granted, they haven't proven they exist, and I hope they never do, but they've sold the idea pretty hard and many people have bought it)

I wouldn't call it a "contradiction" so much as a "revelation" (assuming Kreia truly even meant the species when she mentioned "True Sith"). Y'know, a plot twist. It wasn't there to ignore what was said previously about the species having gone into extinction. It was there to "reveal" that the species was assumed to be extinct, by the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order, and that that was simply not actually the case (as perhaps a group of them had managed to escape what would have been their doom a long, long time ago and began "rebuilding" their empire in the Unknown Regions or something).

That wouldn't just go against KOTOR I, but it would go against everything said about the Sith race in the EU.  I'm just not comfortable with that.  (I am a conservative fan) :lol:

Would it really be a "contradiction", though? From what I've heard, the incident in which the Sith were thought to have gone extinct was when the Galactic Republic launched an orbital bombardment against Korriban. Would it really be too contradictory -- toward the Expanded Universe -- for this game to have revealed that perhaps some "true" Sith managed to survive or escape that incident and live on? At the very least, Naga Sadow already managed to do so, but was (presumably) killed by Freedon Nadd many, many years later.

I wouldn't call it a "contradiction" so much as a "revelation" (assuming Kreia truly even meant the species when she mentioned "True Sith"). Y'know, a plot twist. It wasn't there to ignore what was said previously about the species having gone into extinction. It was there to "reveal" that the species was assumed to be extinct, by the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order, and that that was simply not actually the case (as perhaps a group of them had managed to escape what would have been their doom a long, long time ago and began "rebuilding" their empire in the Unknown Regions or something).

You've obviously been sucked in. lol

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

You've obviously been sucked in. lol

Err...what do you mean by "sucked in"? Just because I didn't immediately come to regard it as "the stupidest thing I've ever heard of"? All I did was try to explain how it might not actually be a contradiction.

Lol, I was just saying that you have accepted it and seem to agree or understand it. I actually think the whole Force Bond and True Sith stuff is stupid (or at least too ... philosophical, not too sure of the word but basically Matris movie stuff).

sigpic0yb.jpg

I don't think it's a contradiction; I think that 'true Sith' is being taken too literally. From Kotor 1's loading screens:

Millennia ago a rift in the Jedi order saw the followers of the dark side exiled from Republic Space.

Outcast Jedi settled on the Sith home world, and over millenia the two peoples became one.

It sounds as if the 'true Sith' as a pure species were conquered and assimilated by the exiled darkside Jedi. The 'species' is extinct, in that sense. This occurred prior to the Hyperspace War, and history records are very sketchy or non-existent (again according to Kotor 1). Perhaps what Kreia is referring to as 'true Sith' are actually this amalgamation of species: true Sith + darkside force users.

1000 years ago the forgotten Sith returned to the Republic and the Great Hyperspace War began.

Naga Sadow was one of these...

Thanks for compiling these!

Glad to do it... sorry for the typos. Also glad to see that others found them interesting.

It does, I think, add a bit more story info - such as why Traya was kicked out of the academy; quite ironic btw, that she was betrayed for waiting for the right moment to attack the Jedi, mirroring Revan and Malak's betrayal of the Jedi Council.

Also as mentioned earlier, the darker characterization of the Malachor V atrocity changes the Exile, in my mind - but I wish there had been other supporting info such as holochrons on the Malachor corpses with statements such as "... death and corpses everywhere... thousands... all dead..." and/or dialog for Exile better reflecting awareness of what she/he had done -- For example, instead of current dialogs to the effect "If I can help someone, I will", (LS) in my mind more apt dialog choices would have been something like "I carry a debt that this small kindness cannot begin to repay" (LS) or "I've killed millions already. Your life means nothing to me." (DS)

Thats some good info you've got together there ;) thanks,

but one simple question to anyone that can answer--was Malachor V anything like a civilised world before the Mandalorian wars?? When i say civilised i just mean was it anything like Taris, Telos and Onderon and such..

Also, why was it a cultural taboo for mandalorians?? Not so sure if this is answerable but it is bugging me.. <_<