Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

query: customizable light saber hilts?

statement: you cannot even see them when they are being wielded by the pc.

sarcastic remark: that would be a waste of OE meatbags time.

solution: creating the multitudiness sounds a light saber makes with the color

variants is more than sufficent, master.

affirmation: hood-up robes and hilts hanging from them are one thing, but

something hidden in your palm has nothing but an aesthitic value.

Or do it somewhat similar to Diablo 2 where a certain char has a type of loot (set rare unique and so on) EXCEPT it's not completly random, the have several items that are randomized but not all of them. Or you could try a similar approach to Kotor 1, somthings are random some things are set. Basic soldiers are random in what they generate while the bosses give you certain stuff.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

K ive been hearing from some ppl that obsidian is making Kotor III but I saw this forum where a developer in Obsidian said that their next project isnt Kotor III or any sequel.      http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...pic=32776&st=15

Your point being (other than repeating the obvious)? >_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

query:  customizable light saber hilts?

statement:  you cannot even see them when they are being wielded by the pc.

sarcastic remark:  that would be a waste of OE meatbags time.

solution:  creating the multitudiness sounds a light saber makes with the color

variants is more than sufficent, master.

affirmation:  hood-up robes and hilts hanging from them are one thing, but

something hidden in your palm has nothing but an aesthitic value.

As far as hilts and handles go, they could have a viewer of weapons inside the inventory so that you can see your lightsaber. The lightsaber is supposed to define the Jedi/Sith and it's another attachment for them. For a Star Wars role-playing game like KOTOR it makes sense to want a unique weapon to the PC. Besides, they could give additional modifiers to the lightsaber like the emitters, lenses, and energy cells do.

I posted this topic over at IGN on the KOTOR board. There was a poll asking if the PC in KOTOR 3 should be a new PC or a returning PC from KOTOR 1 or 2. So I'll just quote myself, lol. :D

My vote goes for new character. 

Although I'm not sure how this new character will learn what's happening beyond the Outer Rim and why Revan and the Exile is there.  I have some ideas and five scenarios:

A.) The new PC's "life" starts beyond the Outer Rim and is trained in the Force by Revan or the Exile.  One teacher could be lightside and the other could be darkside.

B.) One of the Exile's apprentices returns to known space and trains the new PC in the Force for the war that is to come (although this is basically what happens in KOTOR 2, except that it's T3-M4 who returns to find Jedi or Sith).

C.) The new PC finds a holocron of Revan or the Exile that can only be activated by a Force Sensitive.  This holocron instructs the new PC in the ways of the Force and how to find him/her beyond the Outer Rim.

D.) The new PC, a hopeful Force Sensitive, travels to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant in hopes of training to become a Jedi.  However, the temple is deserted except for droid servants.  The PC then encounters a ghost of a dead Jedi, perhaps Master Vandar, and this ghost gives the PC basic lessons and tells him/her how to use the Jedi Archives and Jedi Holocrons to learn the ways of the Force.  While training here a message is received from Revan or the Exile requesting help beyond the Outer Rim in Unknown Space.  Coordinates are sent with this urgent message and the PC must shape his/her future and answer the call of duty, but only after constructing a lightsaber.

E.) Bastila finds the new PC and offers to train the Force Sensitive in the ways of the Force and through questions with her, the PC will learn if Bastila is lightside or darkside.  Then at last, Bastila will take the PC into the unknown regions to meet Revan.

I like scenario D myself.  Comments?

I posted this topic over at IGN on the KOTOR board.  There was a poll asking if the PC in KOTOR 3 should be a new PC or a returning PC from KOTOR 1 or 2.  So I'll just quote myself, lol.  :D

My vote goes for new character. 

Although I'm not sure how this new character will learn what's happening beyond the Outer Rim and why Revan and the Exile is there.  I have some ideas and five scenarios:

A.) The new PC's "life" starts beyond the Outer Rim and is trained in the Force by Revan or the Exile.  One teacher could be lightside and the other could be darkside.

B.) One of the Exile's apprentices returns to known space and trains the new PC in the Force for the war that is to come (although this is basically what happens in KOTOR 2, except that it's T3-M4 who returns to find Jedi or Sith).

C.) The new PC finds a holocron of Revan or the Exile that can only be activated by a Force Sensitive.  This holocron instructs the new PC in the ways of the Force and how to find him/her beyond the Outer Rim.

D.) The new PC, a hopeful Force Sensitive, travels to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant in hopes of training to become a Jedi.  However, the temple is deserted except for droid servants.  The PC then encounters a ghost of a dead Jedi, perhaps Master Vandar, and this ghost gives the PC basic lessons and tells him/her how to use the Jedi Archives and Jedi Holocrons to learn the ways of the Force.  While training here a message is received from Revan or the Exile requesting help beyond the Outer Rim in Unknown Space.  Coordinates are sent with this urgent message and the PC must shape his/her future and answer the call of duty, but only after constructing a lightsaber.

E.) Bastila finds the new PC and offers to train the Force Sensitive in the ways of the Force and through questions with her, the PC will learn if Bastila is lightside or darkside.  Then at last, Bastila will take the PC into the unknown regions to meet Revan.

I like scenario D myself.  Comments?

not bad. not bad

i want a totally new character as well. So that didnt sound bad at all

K ive been hearing from some ppl that obsidian is making Kotor III but I saw this forum where a developer in Obsidian said that their next project isnt Kotor III or any sequel.      http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...pic=32776&st=15

Your point being (other than repeating the obvious)? :(

ok so if obsidian isnt making Kotor3 than wht r we doing posting ideas and suggestions on their site.... <_<

Your point being (other than repeating the obvious)? :huh:

ok so if obsidian isnt making Kotor3 than wht r we doing posting ideas and suggestions on their site.... <_<

agreed why would they post ideas and suggestions topics if they weren't making K3? :lol:

1.More DarkSide choices that affect everyone

like a choice to invade a planet. Or a choice that will affect millions, like Malak did with Taris

YOu get me?

Like YOu become a Sith Lord and you have a choice to accept a seize fire agreement. And you can invade them anyway.

2. More time as a sith lord. Instead of watchin a gay movie on them. I wanna CONTROL MY EMPIRE. Not watch a movie about him. COMON!!

I suggest giving Revan ALL his memory back somehow (memories may be stored by Jedi in a holocube when they wiped Revan, or as a vision in the force, or just memories start appearing from the back of Revan's head). Or at least let the main character if K3 see the memories, whoever it is. There should be some interesting cutscene movies if his memories in the Mandalorian Wars and as a Sith is shown. Maybe you can learn a cool move or two from it, like a badass lightsaber skill. Besides, a mind is a terrible thing to lose. Adds more to Revan's story in KOTOR.

Also, how about making the Ebon Hawk's space-shooting mini-game more into a TIE Fighter-type sim? TIE Fighter was a blast, even though it was old game (but since it's old, but maybe it probably won't take too much time to develop for a minigame? Just a little more updated graphics?). I know that you can't maneuver AND gun the turrets at the same time since it isn't a star fighter and requires a pilot and a gunner seperately. Maybe you can cloose to steer or if NPC buddy friend steers, make sure he is good at dodging enemy spacecraft and get you in a good position to shoot. The current fixed-position mini-game is getting a bit old, so I suggest adding more to it.

To have the Ebon Hawk gain more popularity among more players, I suggest arming the Ebon Hawk with better turrets to give that ship a better look. Better meaning fully automatic and faster rate of fire. At it's current semi-automatic state, it can't compete with the Millenium Falcon's double quad-repeating turrets. Make the enemies faster to compensate for it incase this makes the mini-game too easy.

The Ebon Hawk's Surface Defense Cannon you used in K3 right before lifting off in Paragus is a nice touch. Maybe it can be used more, like when you are fighting enemies not too far from the Ebon Hawk and it automatically blasts them while you are fighting?

Ideas make sure to fixed all the bugs and glitches before game comes out  :huh:.

and a good romance option with all the ladies please the last one's romance option really sucked eggs. :lol:

agreed. Lets see some actually romance. Then lets see your partner parish and then there is a chance to go dark. Liek Anakin and have crazy emotion....OYEA

Ideas make sure to fixed all the bugs and glitches before game comes out  :lol:.

and a good romance option with all the ladies please the last one's romance option really sucked eggs. :lol:

agreed. Lets see some actually romance. Then lets see your partner parish and then there is a chance to go dark. Liek Anakin and have crazy emotion....OYEA

when you play darkside lightside just have some candy-ass love kissing or something :huh::wub:

Ideas make sure to fixed all the bugs and glitches before game comes out  :lol:.

when you play darkside lightside just have some candy-ass love kissing or something :huh::wub:

lol yes....or something..

i wanna kid. Then have him go crazy dark side. That would be so awesome

Ideas make sure to fixed all the bugs and glitches before game comes out  :huh:.

No why is the romanve option always being brought up it SUCKS....

If you want romance go out and meet some one, dont try and bring it into computer games.

I thought it was knights of the old republic not dateless and desparate of the old republic....

I like alot of the opinions presented here, yet doing all of these would require too much work for one company to do. No offense to Obsidian, I love their work on KOTOR II but they're not as good a Bioware when it comes to RPGS, yet they've had their practice round now it's time to see what they're made of.

KOTOR II wasn't a total let down, the fighting was alot better, the character customization was a lot better, the graphics were more smoother and polished, they did a superb job with Kreia. The voice acting was great, especially with Atton and Kreia. Yet it's missing some major things, items/weapons/armor, non-cliche planets.. Dantooine and Korriban, yes... Telos? Why?, a completed story.. it turns from you getting dissed by the council to you getting dissed by Kreia.

What I'd like to see in KOTOR III.

1) More diversity of paths between good side and dark side. For example, if you're an evil man you join the enemy side and fight against the Republic.

2) A more fluent battle system, more flips.. and "finishing moves".. for example, when your jedi is about to finish another Jedi then yours flips over the enemy and stab them in the back...

3) Changing of Cast! Ok maybe Revan was fun to be, but Exile? What!? There's no fun in being the Exile, you're already hated from the beginning, there's no fun in that. Plus there's always a Wookie, a chick, an ****, then the spazmatic Jedi.

4) More Planets. More places to go on each planet.. why is it that every planet is only ONE city?

I like alot of the opinions presented here, yet doing all of these would require too much work for one company to do.  No offense to Obsidian, I love their work on KOTOR II but they're not as good a Bioware when it comes to RPGS, yet they've had their practice round now it's time to see what they're made of.

KOTOR II wasn't a total let down, the fighting was alot better, the character customization was a lot better, the graphics were more smoother and polished, they did a superb job with Kreia.  The voice acting was great, especially with Atton and Kreia.  Yet it's missing some major things, items/weapons/armor, non-cliche planets.. Dantooine and Korriban, yes... Telos? Why?,  a completed story.. it turns from you getting dissed by the council to you getting dissed by Kreia.

What I'd like to see in KOTOR III.

1) More diversity of paths between good side and dark side.  For example, if you're an evil man you join the enemy side and fight against the Republic.

2) A more fluent battle system, more flips.. and "finishing moves".. for example, when your jedi is about to finish another Jedi then yours flips over the enemy and stab them in the back...

3) Changing of Cast! Ok maybe Revan was fun to be, but Exile? What!? There's no fun in being the Exile, you're already hated from the beginning, there's no fun in that. Plus there's always a Wookie, a chick, an ****, then the spazmatic Jedi.

4) More Planets.  More places to go on each planet.. why is it that every planet is only ONE city?

wow i would prob have 2 agree with you on all those. Nice put 2gether

but yes obsidian can do alot of this if they buckle down for a year or 2.

I just want to participate in an epic battle. You know what I mean? Something large scale, like the Clone Wars for instance. And how about the ablility to kill anyone you want? You should be able to spark up a conversation with any NPC on the map and have the option to fight and kill them. Then you can be the epitome of a true Sith lord :p

Whoo hoo, 199th post! I just need one more :D

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

being able to command leigons of Jedi always sounded fun to me :wub: But I suppose a massive space battle would be nice too...

I think somthing should actually come of the romance at the end. In the other two either romance never got anywhere or, It just stopped at the end. (were all sitting up on a platform and theres no kissing no loving at all between bastila and Revan :'( ) I would love to hear at the end the love interest go, if pc male "Hey, you bastard you knocked me up, Now what are you going to do..."

Or if Female PC "guess what we got the results back and your pregnant. ummmmm i'm going to the outer rim now see-urk"(PC force chokes the Loverboy)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.