What's your favorite gun?

11XHooah

No matter if they were part of the SS Waffen or the EinsatzGruppen (death squad) they all deserved to be executed....

If they were guilty of genocide, yes, if not then no more than any allied fighting unit.

As for the escaped war criminals, well there's a flip side to that coin, there's some famous allied warcrimes that has gone unpunished to this day, including the firebombing of Dresden ordered by "Bomber Harris" , and the dual nuking of Japan.

My understanding of Skorzeny's escape from "justice" is that British OSS officers pointed out that he had nothing during the war that they had not done, except perhaps done it more succesfully and on higher profile targets. I thought he was acquitted fair and square.

As for the Allied war crimes, I'd disagree, except on the Dresden bombing which was utterly pointless. The dual nuking of Japan is very popular, and important so we don't nuke anything else if possible, but compared with the alternative I think it was pretty much the best of bad set of options. But we could argue about that forever.

So, my least favourite gun - strategic bombing offensives.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

By the way; when we nations have tactical warheads, napalm and propaganda; who really needs new models of weapons?

There is always a new weapon to develop in the arms race; that's wahy its a race. For instance, you didn't mention Psychological warfare ... :unsure:

Manufacturer: Hughes (Launcher) / Raytheon (Missile)

Not long after, at the US Armed Forces Helpdesk:

"Hello, may I have your Armed Forces ID, Unit, Geographicity, Weapon Category ID and Battle Status, please."

"M-mm, okay, you're in combat with the Stinger missle launcher, and it won't fire. Do you have a comm ID that I can contact you on, should we be cut off prematurely? ...

"Right. Okay, I'll just put you through to Hughes ..."

"Okay, thankyou. Yes, hello caller? Yep, I'll just put you through to Raythorn, the Hughes rep insists it was their upgraded launch grappler that needs attention, so I'll just get them on the line ..."

"Right, okay, well I'll have to put you through to second level, as it appears that we can't determine if the fault is with the launcher or the missile; I've recorded your comm ID so that we can contact you when someone is available ..."

:shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No matter if they were part of the SS Waffen or the EinsatzGruppen (death squad) they all deserved to be executed....

If they were guilty of genocide, yes, if not then no more than any allied fighting unit.

As for the escaped war criminals, well there's a flip side to that coin, there's some famous allied warcrimes that has gone unpunished to this day, including the firebombing of Dresden ordered by "Bomber Harris" , and the dual nuking of Japan.

My understanding of Skorzeny's escape from "justice" is that British OSS officers pointed out that he had nothing during the war that they had not done, except perhaps done it more succesfully and on higher profile targets. I thought he was acquitted fair and square.

As for the Allied war crimes, I'd disagree, except on the Dresden bombing which was utterly pointless. The dual nuking of Japan is very popular, and important so we don't nuke anything else if possible, but compared with the alternative I think it was pretty much the best of bad set of options. But we could argue about that forever.

So, my least favourite gun - strategic bombing offensives.

Indeed, the Allies claimed that Skorzeny and his men were war criminals because they had used allied uniforms at the before mentioned battle (I guess they had little else to try and pin on him), but then some British Spec Ops commander stepped forward and went like "Heh guys, we've done the same thing, chill..." :lol:

Well, I just don't think nuking anyone is acceptable, but I do know that the alternative was a very high price in lives for the allies. I'm glad that you agree with me on Dresden though. :wub:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Check out the russian version of the swiss's most famous weapon:

humor163.jpg

:shifty:  ;)  :lol:

That's great :lol:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

To go along with what Hildegard posted:

9359.jpg

:D

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I can't believe this vulnerable yet powerful weapon wasn't mentioned...

death_star.jpg

And I thought this was a forum inhabited with some SW geeks/fans/freaks/hobos...

What I found perplexing is that the empire would build a massive weapon like that, and actually build a weakness for it as well. Just didn't make sense. Don't you think that they would build some sort of defense for the exhaust port?

Anyway, here's the M98 Javelin:

javelin_03.jpg

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

....The Deathtical

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Although it is not a real life weapon, here is the Blastech E-11 blaster rifle used by stormtroopers. It is based around the Sterling L2-A3 sub-machinegun. I don't like how inaccurate it is though, unless it is the ability of the stormtroopers to actually hit something. If it is the blaster rifle, it brings up the question why the Empire would issue such a crappy rifle to their army.

blaster3.jpg

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

What are they like IRL ?

I assume the problem in SW is the Storm Troopers are just poor soldiers. I mean, they have worse hearing than German soldiers in WW2 films ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"The blaster marks are much too precise for sandpeople, only imperial storm troopers are this accurate"

:D

..maybe thats why they prefer using ghandi sticks or whatever they're called.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

..maybe thats why they prefer using ghandi sticks or whatever they're called.

scotty_gaffi.jpg

A gaffi stick. An elegant weapon for a more civilized time.

Eh, wait a second...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Although it is not a real life weapon, here is the Blastech E-11 blaster rifle used by stormtroopers. It is based around the Sterling L2-A3 sub-machinegun. I don't like how inaccurate it is though, unless it is the ability of the stormtroopers to actually hit something. If it is the blaster rifle, it brings up the question why the Empire would issue such a crappy rifle to their army.

blaster3.jpg

With the exception of the .303 Lee Enfield, the British Empire had a long and illustrious history of issuing crappy rifles to the troops.

I'd suggest the guys who tendered the blaster carbine were simply the lowest bidder, or the focussing lenses were made under contract in the Galactic Chinese Republic. <_<

And never mind the carbine. What about the bloody armour? I mean we have issues with our body armour in the UK, but at least it can stop a stone spear weilded by a two foot tall bear!* I always feel sorry for the stormtroopers...

EDIT: * Don't quote me on that if it turns out those damn ewoks are backing Bin Laden.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yes, the Ewok slaughter of the Imperial Forces killed RoTJ in my opinion, freaking ridiculous. <_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.