The War of the Worlds

Kaftan Barlast

The aren't people those are robots. created back in the 80's for when Mj would have no more fans.

Nahh they were just brainwashed simpletons :)

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

The brainwashed simpletons are the people that bought his last album, the court "people" were robots.

Good point :lol:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Dark Horse comics is launching a new comic thingie about the correct victorian age H.G Wells WOTW, its free! :lol:

http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/wotw/index.php

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

4/ And the one were all waiting for - Jeff Wayne's film version of his classic masterpiece. Set in Victorian England and follows the original H.G.Wells novel with his music, set for release in either late 2007/early 2008. Currently in production  :-  :p

That sounds good. Even though the contemporary version of the story looks interesting, I think I'll find Jeff Wayne's film much more enjoyable o:)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Jeff Wayne's version finished principle photography before Spielberg started lensing his. They filmed under a fake name, and no one in the US knew they were making a War of the Worlds poster. Spielberg then quickly made a trailer on his dime, and then rushed production. He wanted his movie out first.

Jeff Wayne's Album has been re-released ... piggy-backing on the tsunami of marketing hype that is a Speilberg/Cruise film ... (so at least some good will come of it ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Did anyone see that Tom Cruise was squirted with water from a joke microphone at the UK premier?

News Story

It couldn't have happened to a nicer person :thumbsup:

Did anyone see that Tom Cruise was squirted with water from a joke microphone at the UK premier?

News Story

Tom Cruise is pure evil. He took the very hot Katie Holmes, brainwashed her and converted her to Evilology. For commiting the second worst crime in human history, Tom Cruise will surely burn in hell. :angry:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

News Story

Whatever happened to the Belgian custard pie thrower? There's a lot of work for him to do out there. I don't think water provides the necessary degree of humiliation.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

News Story

Whatever happened to the Belgian custard pie thrower? There's a lot of work for him to do out there. I don't think water provides the necessary degree of humiliation.

Nah, instead of us throwing things at Tom Cruise, we should be getting Tom Cruise to throw things...at John Prescott. :D

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Typical military fubar. Just like A Bridge Too Far ...

-Here is the aerial recognosaince photos, General. It clearly shows a group of tanks from the 2nd Panzer division, should we abort?

-No, no, rubbish! Those are probably broken or left there for some reason! proceed as planned.

note: I saw a photo of Willi Bittrich(commander of the 2nd Waffen-SS Panzerdivision) having dinner with another general in the 1960's and he was still wearing his Knight's cross! :D

I gather you and I share the same odd fascination for German WW2 military (not the death camps, of course), I just read that he also received the Knights Cross, which is somewhat more difficult to get, to say the least, only some 7000 was awarded compared to the several million Iron Crosses. If I'd been awarded one of these, I'd wear it till the day I died. :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

H.G. Wells was a genius. :D He was way ahead of his time. Having read "The War of the Worlds", it is one of my favorites. In it H.G. Wells incorporates machines, space travel, extraterrestrial life, heat rays, flying machines, and even chemical warfare!

This year, a low-budget DVD movie made by Pendragon based on the book was released. I thought it was pretty good and very close to the book, even with its mediocre special effects and sometimes weird sound.

I'll have to wait and see what the new movie is like. I'm not keeping high expectations for it (and that's not just because of Tom Cruise). The recent "Time Machine" movie was horrible. :- And many movies of that type today are just special effects shows. :)

I gather you and I share the same odd fascination for German WW2 military (not the death camps, of course), I just read that he also received the Knights Cross, which is somewhat more difficult to get, to say the least, only some 7000 was awarded compared to the several million Iron Crosses. If I'd been awarded one of these, I'd wear it till the day I died.  :D

Yeah, apparently they reissued them 1957 with the swastikas removed so he was probably wearing one of those.

As a fellow discovery channel damaged person, do you think its normal to wear a german panzer uniform jacket in public? :- Im very keen on buying one.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, if you're thinking about Bittrichs Panzer Division, "Das Reich" which was SS, I'd have to ask if you'd go with or without the SS lightning bolts? I think this has a lot to do with whatever reaction you might encounter out there among non damaged people. :D

Yeah, I heard they removed the swastikas, and the Iron Cross is a wartime medal only obviously, so I think they'd use em again if Germany was to go to war.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

The problem is that the Heer ones have the totenkopfs and the WSS has the SS runes :- But I have found a possible sollution

http://www.waffen-ss.no/SEPP.htm

This one is a it gaudy but the only thing is a very tiny swastika on the arm eagle(the medals&stuff arent included) and a "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" cufftitle but the text is unreadable :D so you get panzer without the nasty nazi stuff.

EDIT: the cuff title marks the wearer as a soldier in the 1st Panzerdivision, not that the jacket belongs to any B