Greatest Lightsaber Duelist?

Best Lightsaberist all time would probably be General Grievous.

But this is only because he has four arms and mechanical wrists that can rotate in a full circle to no end. The most skilled lightsaber combatant without force augmented abilities was either Tulak Hord or Kas'im. But Galen Marek could beat any other lightsaber duelist in a fight.

Don't all force styles one way or another rely on force augmented abilities?

Yes.

Darth Krayt was no slouch either. He took the Universe and destroyed the Jedi Order by brute force, unlike Sidious who did it by means of cunning & deceit.

True but...

I'd win them all (yes. I know this is literally ripping english grammar in two)

Just give me a lightsaber, my KOTOR 2 and rock 'n roll. I'll cut 'em all down :sorcerer::bat:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

• 4 weeks later...

Makashi could be done without Force Powers:

Attack Modifier: +3 (only if target is wielding a lightsaber)

Damage: +3

Blaster Bolt Deflection: -5

Saves vs. Force Powers: +2

That looks pretty damn good with no Force Powers.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Makashi could be done without Force Powers:

Attack Modifier: +3 (only if target is wielding a lightsaber)

Damage: +3

Blaster Bolt Deflection: -5

Saves vs. Force Powers: +2

That looks pretty damn good with no Force Powers.

Shien is the best saber style hands down, IF one uses critical strike and a keen lightsaber with opila crystal any cell that gives additional critical damage.

Otherwise, Juyo > Makashi

First double bladed lightsaber

Exar Kun?

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I tend to use Makashi for my Exile, considering I make the Exiles lightsabers to have like a +10 Blaster Bolt Deflection Bonus and do some heavy damage with attribute enhancers. For Atton, since I usually give him double-bladed lightsabers, I usually give him Shii-Cho or Niman. Bao-Dur I make one of my armored Jedi, his form I give him is usually Force Channel, however if it's a lightsaber form, it's generally Juyo or Shii-Cho. For Visas and Kreia, I always do lightsaber or melee, so I do Force Channel for them. I always train Atton and Bao-Dur, Atton I give dual vibroblades as secondary and do blasters for primary and give him the ranged behavior. Bao-Dur is always a blaster character with unarmed secondary weapon, until I train him, then I make lightsabers his primary and a rifle or dual pistols for secondary. Kreia I give her usually a double-bladed lightsaber or short lightsaber, but I have sometimes gave her dual lightsabers. Visas is a heavy armored Jedi for me, and because of that I tend to stick melee with her, but I always have either dual lightsabers or double-bladed lightsaber for secondary, for cases when extra lightsabers are necessary. When I sometimes train Mira, she always wears heavy armor, even when she isn't trained, but I've given her a highly upgraded standard vibroblade and she would deal 12-52 damage with it in addition but buffung up her strength so she's just as deadly with melee weapons than with blasters in addition to having some non-armor restricted Force Powers, which is what I do with all my armored Jedi.

Exar Kun is damn good, but my Galen Marek essentially whipped the Emperor and Vader under the table, which I have doubts onwhat Exar Kun could do.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

*Well, Shien gives +5 blaster deflection and combined with the Blaster Defense feats you'll rarely get hit by blaster fire.

*How can Kreia dual wield once she loses a hand? Is that a mod?

I usually let Mira dual-wield blasters the entire game - in the end she does more damage than with a double-bladed lightsaber with the best blasters & upgrades. Visas I train as single-bladed Jedi/Dark Jedi & Handmaiden I give a double-bladed lightsaber.

*What Galen Marek achieved is a bit over-the-top, really... or maybe Sidious & Vader just sucked. Both Jedi & Sith were stronger in the past. Compare Naga Sadow or Tulak Hord with Darth Sidious...

Edited by virumor

*Well, Shien gives +5 blaster deflection and combined with the Blaster Defense feats you'll rarely get hit by blaster fire.

True, I've had lightsabers with Blaster Bolt Deflection Bonuses of +11, and +5 = +16. But if sabers have +11 even with Makashi, the bonus is still fairly high at +6.

*How can Kreia dual wield once she loses a hand? Is that a mod?

Yes.

*What Galen Marek achieved is a bit over-the-top, really... or maybe Sidious & Vader just sucked. Both Jedi & Sith were stronger in the past. Compare Naga Sadow or Tulak Hord with Darth Sidious...

Very true, considering every time I dueled Vader and Sidious, I just whipped their little asses.

deicideLogo5.jpg

General Grievous was probably the best

Jedi: (In order)

1. Yoda

2. Mace Windu

3. Obi-Wan

4. Ahsoka Tano

5. Malak (Jedi)

6. Luke

7. Revan (Jedi)

8. Kit Fisto

9. Kyle Katarn

10. Anakin

Sith: (In order)

1. Tulak Hord

2. Malak (Sith)

3. Vader

4. Marka Ragnos

5. Sidious

6. Sion

7. Nihilus

8. Revan (Sith)

9. Kreia

10. Maul

Dark Jedi: (In order)

1. Desann

2. Silri

3. Alora

4. Tavion

5. Jerec

Ahsoka Tano beats Kit Fisto, Luke, Revan, Malak, Kyle Katarn and ANAKIN!?! What world are you living in? Ahsoka is a freaking padawan!!!!!!!!!

Kreia mentions on Korriban that compared to the old masters (e.g. Tulak Hord) the current Jedi are mere children playing with toys - and that was 4,000 years before Sidious.

Hence Naga Sadow/Tulak Hord/Freedon Nadd/... > Revan/Exile/Bastila/... > Yoda/Mace Windu/Sidious/...

Edited by virumor

General Grievous was probably the best

Jedi: (In order)

1. Yoda

2. Mace Windu

3. Obi-Wan

4. Ahsoka Tano

5. Malak (Jedi)

6. Luke

7. Revan (Jedi)

8. Kit Fisto

9. Kyle Katarn

10. Anakin

Sith: (In order)

1. Tulak Hord

2. Malak (Sith)

3. Vader

4. Marka Ragnos

5. Sidious

6. Sion

7. Nihilus

8. Revan (Sith)

9. Kreia

10. Maul

Dark Jedi: (In order)

1. Desann

2. Silri

3. Alora

4. Tavion

5. Jerec

Ahsoka Tano beats Kit Fisto, Luke, Revan, Malak, Kyle Katarn and ANAKIN!?! What world are you living in? Ahsoka is a freaking padawan!!!!!!!!!

Well, even though she's a mere padawan, she could hold her own against Grievous for a while, and against Ventress for a short time, who happen to be great duelists, but the second time she fought Ventress, the only reason she lasted a while was really only because she had Luminara to help her. Perhaps I overestimated her but she should still be in a top 10 margin.

Katarn could hold his own against Reborn, Desann, Jerec, and Shadowtroopers, and could defeat them, so perhaps I underestimated him.

Luke really only had a major ability for holding his own against Vader and Desann for a while, he's probably in a good spot, maybe up one.

Kit Fisto held his own against Grievous and could survive an attack of like 200,000 battle droids, but only his main feat was at Grievous, his spot seems good.

Revan and Malak were good, but they seem to be much more Force enhanced, dont get me wrong, their definitely great in lightsaber combat, but maybe Revan deserves to go up an extra spot.

Anakin held his own against Obi-Wan a master of Shien for a long time, and was able to hold against Dooku for a while in AOTC, while in Revenge of the Sith he did defeat Dooku and again, held his own against a master of Shien for a while, I probably underestimated him, so really maybe top 4 for him.

1. Yoda

2. Mace Windu

3. Obi-Wan

4. Anakin

5. Revan

6. Luke

7. Malak

8. Kyle Katarn

9. Ahsoka Tano

10. Kit Fisto

Maybe seems more accurate

deicideLogo5.jpg

Anakin held his own against Obi-Wan a master of Shien for a long time, and was able to hold against Dooku for a while in AOTC, while in Revenge of the Sith he did defeat Dooku and again, held his own against a master of Shien for a while, I probably underestimated him, so really maybe top 4 for him.

*cough* Soresu *cough*

I used the cheat to get all characters. You can not get Tulak Hord. How do you fight Sidious with Tulak Hord? That makes no sense. Galen Marek may be the apprentice, but I asked in what game can you use TULAK HORD to fight Sidious.

Edited by kingofsquid