Mace-Palps showdown in the official novelization

Nur Ab Sal

Many folks are perplexed by Mace-Palps duel. I think that I want to know your opinion about Stover's description in official novelization. In my opinion it is more dynamic that movie version but it is IMO. I liked how Palps deconcentrated stupid Saeasee and killed him in split second.

Here's the fragment:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[the following is a transcript of an audio recording presented before the Galactic Senate on the afternoon of the first Empire Day; identities of all speakers verified and confirmed by voiceprint analysis]

PALPATINE: Why, Master Windu. What a pleasant surprise.

MACE WINDU: Hardly a surprise, Chancellor. And it will be pleasant for neither of us.

PALPATINE: I'm sorry? Master Fisto, hello. Master Kolar, greetings. I trust you are well. Master Tiin

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

PALPATINE: Really, Master Windu, you cannot be serious. On what charge?

MACE WINDU: You're a Sith Lord!

PALPATINE: Am I? Even if true, that's hardly a crime. My philosophical outlook is a personal matter. In fact

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Agreed! A pity Lucas didn't include Stover's quotes in the movie. Entire book is full of such great talk... :'(

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

That's pretty cool. However I still think he owned those fools too easy. They kicked lots of ass in the comics and in the Clone Wars cartoon, and they die in a fraction of a second. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I always knew Shaft I mean Mace was a badass.

Seems like he was the perfect Sith dispatcher, able to channel the dark energies directed at him back at his assailants with no detrimental effects to himself. I LIKE vaapad.

It also seems like Palpatine was gambling on Anakin's trust in him as well, rather than being the all seeing, all powerful, omniscient entity I thought he was. Although it was a well calculated gamble with the odds entirely in his favor.

He should have been a mutual/hedge fund manager or something.

Agreed! A pity Lucas didn't include Stover's quotes in the movie. Entire book is full of such great talk...  :'(

I thought his description of Obi-wan versus Greivous was way better than what ended up on film... :blink:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I liked his final description about how Anakin feels after he lost with Obi-Wan and killed Padme.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Hey Nurbs, this is for you:

Tales of the Jedi Action Figures:

do_aleema.jpg

Aleema

---

do_cay.jpg

Cay Qel Droma

---

do_dark_ulic_cam.jpg

Dark Lord Ulic Qel Droma

---

do_culufront.jpg

Shoaneb Culu

---

do_exar_cam.jpg

Exar Kun

---

do_nomi_cam.jpg

Nomi Sunrider

--

do_oss_cam.jpg

Oss Wilum

---

do_sylvar_cam.jpg

Sylvar

---

do_tott_cam.jpg

Tott Doneeta

---

manthing2.jpg

do_culufront.jpg

Shoaneb Culu

Dear god! What have they done to you, Shoaneb!!!?? :-

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

On Palpatine's desk lay the head of Kit Fisto, faceup, scalp-tentacles unbound in a squid-tangle across the ebonite. His lid-less eyes stared blindly at the ceiling. Anakin remembered him in the arena at Geonosis, effortlessly carving his way through wave after wave of combat droids, on his lips a gently humorous smile as though the horrific battle were only some friendly jest. His severed head wore that same smile.

Maybe he thought death was funny, too.

LOL. Best part IMO.

Hey Nurbs, this is for you:

---

do_sylvar_cam.jpg

Sylvar

---

---

I thought Sylvar was supposed to look like a cat or something?

Is this right or did I dream it?

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

And the badass line of the week award goes to...

"For all your power, you are no Jedi. All you are, my lord," Mace said evenly, staring past his blade, "is under arrest."

And about the figures, all I can say is... :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Thanks for derailing my thread Jaguar... <_<

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Can we please back to topic now?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Can we please back to topic now?

Well, how about..

dr_evil.jpg

NO.