Twi'Barbie :D

Hi everyone,

So here it is, my very first and very own thread.

I'll post all my 'old' :"> stuff as soon as possible.

For now, behold my seventies version of Exile, Mira and Visas :D It's my first coloring with Photoshop....It shows...

All comments are very welcome.

Greetings,

Saraya

post-12377-1116361220_thumb.jpg

I like! I like!

Do continue the work

I like the coloring, no doubt, but I prefer ye olde black 'n white style.

It kinda keeps the manga-feel to it.

But none the less...keep 'em coming! 8)

greets,

Telrunya

For now, behold my seventies version of Exile, Mira and Visas :D It's my first coloring with Photoshop....It shows...

Nifty, Saraya! One helpful thing I've found with photoshop is to keep the outline of the drawing on one layer and the color on another. (That way you don't have to worry about coloring right up to the lines without accidentally covering them... though it sure looks freaky if you turn off the "outline" layer.) It makes coloring a thousand times easier and preserves the distinctness of the original line drawing. Can't wait to see more! ^_^

Nifty, Saraya! One helpful thing I've found with photoshop is to keep the outline of the drawing on one layer and the color on another. (That way you don't have to worry about coloring right up to the lines without accidentally covering them... though it sure looks freaky if you turn off the "outline" layer.) It makes coloring a thousand times easier and preserves the distinctness of the original line drawing. Can't wait to see more! ^_^

Thanks for the tip! You can't believe how much I cursed :D

And thanks for the compliment, it's much appreciated :D

Thanks Baley :D

And here is the 'old' stuff. Well it isn't really old :D

Oh yeah, and the quality of some is really crappy.... :thumbsup:

I know its a common flaw (which I possess also :)" ) But don't be so critical of your own work, when you have done something yourself you usually spot imperfections in it that nobody else sees, try to keep an indifferent eye on it and it will all come together beautifully.

I know I have been too over-critical in some of my pictures, and ended up spoiling them by trying to get them perfect.

I find that if you get a picture up to completion, leave it over night and take another look the next day, it is much easier to see what needs to be improved. :lol:

Thanks Baley :D

And here is the 'old' stuff. Well it isn't really old :D

Oh yeah, and the quality of some is really crappy.... :)

I know its a common flaw (which I possess also :-" ) But don't be so critical of your own work, when you have done something yourself you usually spot imperfections in it that nobody else sees, try to keep an indifferent eye on it and it will all come together beautifully.

I know I have been too over-critical in some of my pictures, and ended up spoiling them by trying to get them perfect.

I find that if you get a picture up to completion, leave it over night and take another look the next day, it is much easier to see what needs to be improved. ;)

You do have a point, but it's so hard :D If you know I'm the type of person that dares to re-write the notes I took in class because it looks 'too sloppy...I'm just saying.

My obsessive order only stretches as far as paper goes tho. I'm far more laid back beyond the papery realm :D

Okay, that must have sounded intensly dramatic, prolly cause it's nearly midnight and my intellectual capacities are dropping at a deadly rate now... :">

Thanks for the advice :D

To Baley: I haven't got a clue yet, I guess the first outcome of the exams has to decide upon that. If the grades are good, some happy Lightside picturesque thing.

Prolly Mira on Alderaan or Ithor, since that is what she wanted :D

If the grades are bad, mayor Dark-side-ness. (Disciple will play a major part ;))

Greetings,

Saraya

So our FanArt thread wasnt good enough for you, huh? You had to go on an start a thread all by yourself..

Watch it, or you'll be in my next comic!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You're both sweeties. :D

Oh Sentry, you can have this thread aswell you know. :D Should you feel the urge, just post and I'll alter the topic title.

I'm just saying, but now I'm supposed to work on a case-study on the laws concerning juviniles and such, so :D

Greetings,

Saraya

ps: Reminds you of what then? :thumbsup:

Nice! I see that you like Mira... :lol:

He! correct, and to think I didn't even think of drawing her before Baley suggested it :D She kindda became my favourite :D

To Roger: Arrrr, Yaaargh, Right ye be...

EDIT:

Okay, so here's a new one. This one is an experiment, for lightsaber-drawing, stances, facial-expressions.

She's supposed to be determined, but do tell me if it comes across differently... :">

And I wanted to try out that new fine-liner I got :D

Greetz,

Saraya

Ps: Before I forget, it's Exile :D

EDIT 2: It's a bad scan, I swear that thing is so going to break down one of these days...

post-12377-1116447201_thumb.jpg

Nice pic.

It's a bold experiment :ph34r: :( , but none the less...keep practising!

I like the idea of her throwing her cape over her shoulder.

I see you've been practising on your hand-drawing

hehe, I can't help but notice that your hair has something dragonball-Z'ish in it :(

*crawls away into the dark*

:ph34r:

But, where was I...

oh yeah...I like the picture, keep it up

Telrunya

Nice pic.

It's a bold experiment :ph34r:  ;) , but none the less...keep practising!

I like the idea of her throwing her cape over her shoulder.

I see you've been practising on your hand-drawing

hehe, I can't help but notice that your hair has something dragonball-Z'ish in it :lol:

*crawls away into the dark*

:ph34r:

But, where was I...

oh yeah...I like the picture, keep it up

Telrunya

Hehe, thanks for the comments :D And about her hair, just imagine her saying "Spirit bomb" or something in Majin Buu's voice :D

Greetings,

Saraya