KOTOR Comic now out

It's in Tales 23, and tells the story of the 3 Jedi who died during the great hunt. I must say that if your a true KOTOR fan it's an AWESOME read doing a great job of combining the games style with the comics. The comics themselves staying true to the game, save for fixing the locations the game screwed up in continuity, like the VOTDL. The story is spot on to the games telling of the story, and is set three years after the Exar Kun war.

and just for my personaly pleasure of being the continuity nerd, let me go into the Valley of the Dark Lords. Like I always said the comics will always one up the games in the continuity world, and the true Valley is included in the comic, in a canyon, with tombs embedded in the walls like in the TOTJ comics. However the KOTOR valley is paid it's due. The artist took the entire Valley from the game and moved it to the canyon, so know it's on the canyon floor with the TOTJ valley. The two big bombs themselves are minus Naga Sadows and Marka Ragnos tomb, and are no longer round but more squard because now there are only two tombs. So offically only Ajunta Pual and Tulak hord tombs are facing each other on the valley floor. As for Naga Sadows tomb/memorial, he has his own tomb in his own image just like Marka Ragnos.

Dreshdae is more laid out like a settlement in the comic, and Kashyyk has a more continuity version of how a more logical/Star wars version of the games Kashyyk would have been.

Other than that, Dantooine and it's academy are completely taken from the game version. Though their is another council chamber room.

Other nice things are a younger Vrook, a Selkath council member, and two forshadowing panels of KOTOR scenes(Bastila's torture, Malak, Rakata).

Oh and continuity has it that Revan(who is wearing his mask in the comic so not to affend anyone of how he/she looks and such) wore Duron Quel Droma' robe during the battle against Malak.

Very good comic, even if your hate comics or the EU.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

The ones buying it will surely be nice enough to scan a page or two for us lowly forumers, won't you?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Thread Pruned: Obsidian in no way endorses or encourages piracy in ANY form. I will warn members to not post in this regard, lest their posting privileges be moderated or revoked altogether.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

The ones buying it will surely be nice enough to scan a page or two for us lowly forumers, won't you?

Some info and preview images from the publisher about Tales of the Jedi issue #23 and #24 (the latter which will feature a kotor 2 related story featuring Nihilus and Visas):

http://boards.theforce.net/Literature/b10003/18263090/p3/

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=10-763

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org