New Non-Spoiler, Non-Fanboy Ep3 Review

DemonKing

Oh yeh, forgot about the whole Vue Cinema thing... I only really go to my local UCI filmworks so not upto speed on cinema chain knowledge

Hmm...

The only other THX set up I know of is the one in Soho (the Curzon, I think its called - meh, not good with names if it isn't, since not based in the South)...

Wait, I do recall there being one in Liverpool, but I dont think you're that far north...

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I dont know what the point is with THX, Ive been to these ultraspacedout theatres and Ive never noticed anything.

..now IMAX, that was wicked sick. They should make more movies for it.. except that theres only one theatre in Sweden.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Was it better than the films?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There was this old SW game that had the original RotJ ending tune(the ewok song, not the calypso crap) as sound test, it was hillarious, we just tested the sound over and over again til our parents went insane.

I just saw ROTS...it was OK...not great, but OK.

Sadly I have to say the critics got it right. There is realy no substance to the movie, it explains every thing but not very convincingly. The acting, especially that of Hayden Christensen, is poor and the script is even worse. :(

The entire problem IMO is that too much time was wasted telling strories of lesser importance in Episode I + II (mostly Episode I, damn Jar-Jar Binx >_< ). Those should have been covered in one movie so there would have been more time to elaborate the conflict and evolving of the characters. The one thing everyone was wainting for was to find out why Anakin turns into Darth Vader, and GL managed to screw that up. I don't know if it was the bad acting or just a poor script, but I felt the transition was too fast and the emotional conflict was brushed of too easyly. If he would have concentated more on his characters and their acting, than on the special effects this could have very well made up for the crappy Episode I.

But I realy don't want to bash the movie too much. There were good parts too. The final fight gave a good explanation for the suit and mask Vader is wearing and why he looks the way he lopks at the end of ROTJ. And overall it was entertaining, but that's coming from a SW fan, so I wouldn't bet on this movie making an impression on people who don't like SW.

I'd still recomend everyone who likes SW to go see it! >_< (It just could have better!)

PS: thanx to Baley for the Ewok song, I really missed that song!!! >_<

Saber Rider> Its a George Lucas movie, I expect it to be entertaining, little else.

Yay! Although Im not shure thats the version used in the movie, that one had the guys who did ewok voices sing also.

head splits in agony  :devil:  :geek:  :)

Hush... let it flow through you.. fill your every fiber.. love the ewok song..you must love it

Totally sweet AND awesome.

I'm just back from it. Personally, I thought it was surprisingly above average. Not great, but quite good considering how awful the last two were. I was disappointed most particularly by Ewan MacGregor's poor performance, but other than that, it was a pretty fun movie to watch. The Lightsaber battles were particularly good, but the poor attempts at humour fell flat. If you go in expecting a film with lots of fighting and violence and cool special effects, you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for something emotionally or intellectually engaging, you will.

All in all, I'd give it a 6 out of 10. For Comparison:

Ep I: 2/10

Ep II: 1/10

Ep III: 6/10

Ep IV: 8/10

Ep V: 9/10

Ep VI: 7/10

So, way better than the first two, not as good as any of the OT.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Well, I just got back from it aswell.

I just sat down for the ride and it did leave me a bit drained I must say.

I'm usually a very rational person, but hey, I'm a girl, once a month, I'll start lamenting the ant I just crushed.

Well, I'll just say I pulled a Steven Spielberg upon seeing this movie :D

Just my two cents,

Saraya

I read an article from Cannes the other day and ol Georgie boy is still saying that after this film, he'll go away and just make short experimental flicks for fun.

LIIIAAARRR!

He has said that after every film ever since A New Hope came out...

well i had to book for ep 3 to make sure that my friends and i got decent seats. the advantage of my theatre of choice is that it has a digital projector one of the best thx set ups in the uk and a good chance one of the stars will turn up to introduce the show.

For the brits - guess wher i am watching it.

There are about two (commercial) digital cimenas in the UK, and one is the Odeon Leicester Square, so that has my vote.

Seriously, of all films to see in digital with the THX sound, it's a Skywalker Sound film (GL invented THX).

It is truly astonishing that there are so few commercial digital cinemas in the UK, though. :p

PS I bet the tickets were upward of

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Only TWO digital cinemas in the entire UK? WTF?!

Even the not-really-a-cinema-but-shows-film-sometimes community locale(Folkets Hus) in my neighbourhood is fully digital..

Only TWO digital cinemas in the entire UK? WTF?!

Even the not-really-a-cinema-but-shows-film-sometimes community locale(Folkets Hus) in my neighbourhood is fully digital..

The UK is surprisingly backward (well, not all that surprising if you live here) in a lot of areas. E.g. after coming from Australia, where almost every house has a pool; every school, gymnasium, college and university have at least one 50 meter pool, I was flabbergastered to find out that England had less than 13 fifty meter pools a few years ago. (I think that has been identified as an issue and is slowly being rectified.) Not to mention the Underground railway system that has had three major investments since the Victorians bequeathed it to London (and in fact the District line still has the same trains I remember from my last visit here in 1977). But I digress ...

Converting a cinema to digital is not cheap, especially a big one like the Odeon. Have you priced the equipment?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT