New Non-Spoiler, Non-Fanboy Ep3 Review

DemonKing

For once, I'm with Nur. The level of cynism in this thread is ludicrous.

Yeah, ROTS is going to suck so badly compared to Hamlet that GL should be stoned to death. I mean, who does he think he is to deliver this sort of substandard crap to the legions of loyal "Old skool" SW nerds that compete to see who is the vilest hater?

Man, those prequels suck so badly that I'm going to spend the next few days until the premiere waiting in front of the theater... on a strike, yeah, that's it.

Boy, if I roll my eyes any harder, they are going to pop out of their sockets.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, ROTS is going to suck so badly compared to Hamlet that GL should be stoned to death. I mean, who does he think he is to deliver this sort of substandard crap to the legions of loyal "Old skool" SW nerds that compete to see who is the vilest hater?

Man, those prequels suck so badly that I'm going to spend the next few days until the premiere waiting in front of the theater... on a strike, yeah, that's it.

Boy, if I roll my eyes any harder, they are going to pop out of their sockets.

:o:blink::shifty:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Who's bashing?

I tend to consider a couple of threads filled with personal flame wars bashing :o

Well let's get back on-topic :)

When does the movie start in your countries?

I have to waite till friday :blink:

baley are you old enough? you may need to see it wth an adult

it contains scenes of fantasy horror and violence

Hell yeah...that doesn't matter in Romania :shifty:

I tend to consider a couple of threads filled with personal flame wars bashing :blink:

Well, this is not the case, so... whatever. :shifty:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I tend to consider a couple of threads filled with personal flame wars bashing :o

Well, this is not the case, so... whatever. :shifty:

Um sorry..I meant the general bashing was gonna be stoped for this thread :blink:

french get it on 18th (damn frenchies!!) i'm watching it on midnite on wed/thurs

Where?

At midnight?

:shifty:

Not at all. I don't care if someone makes fluff: heck I like Arnie films like Commando!

What I don't like is the pretentious nonsense that seems to be either emanating from or floating towards the film.

I also don't like clumsy films because they frustrate me. I am sure I will see the film. I am sure it will be better than the last two.

What I would like to see is a masterpiece that updates some high-art; a modern Hamlet-type internal conflict or even Richard III -- what a bad dude he was!

Maybe I should write one myself ... :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

french get it on 18th (damn frenchies!!) i'm watching it on midnite on wed/thurs

Apparently it was shown at Cannes today. They're playing up a 'political' angle, some similarity between Darth Vader and George Bush, I suppose. I'm going to try and wait to see it near the end of its run - I hate going to a packed cinema, it gets too hot.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The review I read was from a no-holds-barred movie critic who went into the theatre with a feeling of dread. She came out feeling relieved that it didn't suck so bad as Episodes I and II. But she said the lightsaber showdown at the end was no match for the sequence in Episode I.

She believed that SW fans will reject/forget Episodes I and II, and regard Episode III as the entire prequel. What was interesting was that she indicated that GL tapped Spielburg and Coppola for input, and actually hired one of Coppola's dialogue coaches--so that in itself might make it worthy of a Netflix rental.

yeah that was the official world premiere

Do the theatres lack air con? :rolleyes: Watching it in a theatre full of SW geeks is awesome.

I know they arbitrarily decide whether to turn the aircon on or not, in the cinemas in the UK. I am not sure who has the final say, though, whether it is the gaggle of sixteen-year-olds at the ticket and refreshments counters ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I know it premieres at 00.03 Wednesday/Thursday but the theatre "doesnt officially disclose this weeks schedual" until wednesday so I cant book any bloody tickets! But Im not all that excited, Ill try to catch it in the weekend, otherwise Ill see it when I se it..

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No Im not >_<"

When can you be said to be a true StarWars whore? And where does the line go between normal, geek and nerd go?

Is it the amount of collected trivia in your head?

Is it how much money youve spent on merchandise?

Is it how many books, comics and miscaellouns printed items you own?

Can it be measured using reliable scientific methods such as phrenology?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No Im not :rolleyes:"

When can you be said to be a true StarWars whore? And where does the line go between normal, geek and nerd go?

Is it the amount of collected trivia in your head?

Is it how much money youve spent on merchandise?

Is it how many books, comics and miscaellouns printed items you own?

Can it be measured using reliable scientific methods such as phrenology?

Yes you are.

And Yes.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

a system would have to be devised where trivia and merchndise would have to be taken into consideration. different weightings of importance would be given to the merchandise e.g. the more expensive and obscure the item the more geeky it is.

This is only a first draft of the idea feel free to develop and add your own thoughts. For example you could expand my knowledge of the revered science of phrenology although by all accounts i maybe deficient in the required amount of brain matter to understand it

For example you could expand my knowledge of the revered science of phrenology although by all accounts i maybe deficient in the required amount of brain matter to understand it

Have you been self-assessing whilst shampooing again?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Um here in the great white north the movie starts on midnight plus one minute wednesday (or technically thursday morning). After numerous frustrating attempts to purchase tickets from cinema employees barely old enough to drive i finally managed to snag two tickets to the early show thursday evening. To tell the truth I can't stand going to the opening midnighters because its pretty hard to pay attention to the movies with all the fanboys screaming their heads off. In my town the people who dress up for the shows only do it on that night and then spend the next three years in hiding... ;)

And I just finished the ROTS book about ten minutes ago. It was good. It didn't touch at all on Yoda and the wookies so I guess there will be a suprise or two left. I have my preselected spot picked out to say at a slightly louder than normal voice "you're a bastard Anakin" and near the end I'm going to go with the classic George Costanza "that's gotta hurt"... :blink:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I've read the book too and the "hurt" bit sounds pretty gruesome. :ph34r:

Screaming fanboys make it a good experience IMO - its really adds to the atmosphere. In london yesterday that had teh official british premiere and they really pulled out all the stops promoting it - with a stromtrooper parade the royal philharmoic orchestra performing teh soundtracks and even GL popping up throughout the day to talk to fans.