Terrorists attack tourists in Cairo.

KOTORFanactic

We've all heard about terrorist attacks.

Now they have attacked tourists in Cairo, Egypt. Only tourists, not Egyptians.

The world is no longer a safe place in my opinion. Things are really bad.

I'm sorry if you all find this boring, but I just feel like I need to voice my opnion.

I remember there was a massive terrorist attack on Japanese tourists in Egypt several years ago. More than 50 were killed, I think. There have been smaller attacks since. This kind of thing does happen in many countries, but Egypt seems to have a particular problem.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yeah what steve said happened before at one of the pyramids during the late 90's.

Egypt is supposed to be the birthplace of the Islamist movement.

As volourn said - this type of stuff has been happening everywhere for a long time, i think maybe the general public's perception of events has been skewed by selective media coverage.

My prediction for this thread: this thread is going to be one of those classic internet flame wars - ad hominem attacks, doves v hawks, liberals v conservatives, stupid ppl vs less stupid ppl. Enjoy!!

Egypt is the cradle of Islamic extremist terrorism, its where both Sayid Qutf(creator of the idea of the wests moral decay "jahelia" and the holy war that must be fought against it) and Al-Quaida founder Ayman Al-Zawahiri comes from and spread their teachings. Egypt and Saudi Arabia are major powerbases for Islamic extremism.

But as for terrorism, its far from the scourge of the modern that certain people in Washington like to portray. You're a million times more likely to get injured or die from a traffic accident.

And as Volo said, people die all the time, nothing new about that.

..but terrorism shure makes great discussion material :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You're a million times more likely to get injured or die from a traffic accident.

Which isn't all that reassuring since traffic accidents are awfully common.

But yeah, Volo is right, for once. The tone of the original poster looks copied from a GW speech.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

yea terrorist attacks are going on whats new. so are you going to let your daughter out of the house to play our not? people are generally good in my mind because they try to justify what they do. to bad its not possible to know everything, then we could prevent most of this stuff from happening. that doesn't mean we should keep our daughters locked up.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Personally I think all tourist should die anyway

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

laden100701.jpg

Dear infidels and american pigdogs! We in the Al-quaida have long lacked a catchy title for our quest of global jihad. We have therefore hired the best PR firms in Riyadh to come up with our new goal for 2005's terror season "The War Against Torrorourism" I like it very much, personally I think it has a nice ring to it. Anyway, we will now brutally machinegun any infidel caught wearing an acapulco shirt near sacred islamic ground. Thankyou.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I remember there was a massive terrorist attack on Japanese tourists in Egypt several years ago.  More than 50 were killed, I think.

That was in 1997 but I think they were Dutch. A large number where machine-gunned near the Temple of Hatshepsut in Luxor.

I recently visited Egypt and I have to say there was a lot of security wherever I went: even our lone bus on the way from Alexandria to Cairo had two plain clothes cops with SMGs on board, and at every major tourist site where at least 20 cops with AK47s.

I must also say that in general I found the people I talked to extremely friendly (well, those that weren't trying to sell me stuff, of course, which admitedly wasn't that many).

Anyway, when my wife hears news like this, she is extremely relieved that I have now got the "Egypt bug" out of my system!