THE TRUE SITH

The true sith empire waits on the edge of the galaxy, ready for the war to come.

Revan may have been drawn by the call of home. Which could be the old Sith empire. He is there to fight.

Perhaps Revan will be the main character. It's quite a good fit. You find out that these new planets where the real sith live is where Revan came from. You either continue the fight, or you destroy the leaders and take the empire for yourself. Of course they would need a way to make Revan weaker. Perhaps the Sith have agents that are solely devouted to a form of the force which can blind the force completely to a force user but not their masters. Your first goal is to destroy these agents or find their source and remove them. Or find out how their masters are shielded.

This would also work for the exile.

Or maybe not.

The true sith empire waits on the edge of the galaxy, ready for the war to come.

Revan may have been drawn by the call of home. Which could be the old Sith empire. He is there to fight.

Perhaps Revan will be the main character. It's quite a good fit. You find out that these new planets where the real sith live is where Revan came from. You either continue the fight, or you destroy the leaders and take the empire for yourself. Of course they would need a way to make Revan weaker. Perhaps the Sith have agents that are solely devouted to a form of the force which can blind the force completely to a force user but not their masters. Your first goal is to destroy these agents or find their source and remove them. Or find out how their masters are shielded.

Or maybe not.

Revan obviously came up against something he could not handle alone.

Possibly significant is the fact that 'this is not a battle that can be fought'. I read that to mean that 'conventional' methods will not work. So even possessing such feats as are normal for a Jedi or a Sith may mean little. That opens up the field for new Force powers or abilities to be learned, while the old ones may decay from disuse. The only limit is the imagination.

"Although the modern era of the Sith is attributed to Darth Bane, and the Dark Jedi that preceded him, the cult can find its roots further back in the galaxy's ancient past. Long before the Republic rose, there lived a culture on the planet Korriban. These primitive people were called the Sith, and the Force flowed strongly through their bloodlines. Although they didn't practice the Force as the Jedi would, they were talented in their own brand of magic.

In the early days of the Jedi, a great schism tore the order apart. Jedi who had tapped the forbidden power of the Force's dark side rebelled against their light-sided brothers. After a terrible war, the Dark Jedi were exiled from the Republic. Past the Republic's growing borders, these castaways discovered Korriban and the Sith people.

Powerful with the dark side, the Jedi outcasts set themselves up as gods on Korriban. The primitive Sith worshipped them as their lords, and so the Jedi grew, and built temples and monuments to celebrate their power. Millennia of interbreeding blurred the distinction between Sith native and offworlder, and the term Sith came to encompass not only the indigenous people of Korriban, but also the powerful overlords that ruled them.

Five thousand years ago, during the Sith Empire's golden age, a Republic explorer vessel stumbled upon the secluded worlds of the Sith. One Sith Lord, Naga Sadow, saw this as an opportunity to invade the Republic, and exact vengeance on the Jedi who had banished them. History would record the invasion that followed as the Great Hyperspace War, and it would be the first of many terrible conflicts between Jedi and Sith.

Time and again the Sith and Jedi would clash, with devastated worlds lying in their wake. The last great conflict took place on the scarred plains of Ruusan. The Sith Lord Kaan and his Brotherhood of Darkness did battle with the Jedi Army of Light. From this onslaught, one Sith escaped: Darth Bane. It was he who would resurrect the order with duplicity and secrecy in mind."

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/thesith/?id=eu

evil_twin.jpg

Like I have said before, since K1 and K2 both follow the idea that the OG Sith died out long ago and the Sith of this era are followers of an ideal I would assume that the "True Sith" are those force sensitives who were not raised as Jedi who fell to the darkside, instead from youths they were raised by the teachings of the Sith.

I believe that these are the same Sith that came to Canderous and the Mandalorians with "the offer" so that the Republic would be weak enough for them to take over. I thought this would be the storyline of the K2 but I see that it is the storyline for K3.

I think Revan was supposed to be a true sith but somehow he was taken into the outer rim where the sith dared not go yet. Perhaps Revan was supposed to lead them into a new golden age and once they discovered he was still alive, they sent the Mandalorians to destroy the republic and force the jedi to act, revealing Revan to them. Perhaps they wanted him dead, or to draw him out somehow.

I think that Revan is more than he seems to be at the moment.

Starting out with a lightsaber would be, IMHO, a bad idea. In both KOTOR and TSL the combat usually gets far too easy once you have a lightsaber. Having a blaster makes you appreciate the power of a lightsaber more.

Personally, in the Jedi Knight games and KOTOR games both I enjoyed fighting with a gun at first.

I think they *need* to start with Revan or the Exile but they need to find some original way to start at level one or very low leveled, like 5 or 10 maybe.

If they don't, then it will be confusing and stupid. After this trilogy is done, then they can go past it and then start with a new jedi or something.

Like I have said before, since K1 and K2 both follow the idea that the OG Sith died out long ago and the Sith of this era are followers of an ideal I would assume that the "True Sith" are those force sensitives who were not raised as Jedi who fell to the darkside, instead from youths they were raised by the teachings of the Sith.

I believe that these are the same Sith that came to Canderous and the Mandalorians with "the offer" so that the Republic would be weak enough for them to take over. I thought this would be the storyline of the K2 but I see that it is the storyline for K3.

Good point. Indeed, "True Sith" does not necessarily have to mean the "racial Sith" or Massassi. It can refer to the decendants of the fallen Jedi from the days of the Great Hyperspace War -- mostly human with some mixed race.

And by having them beyond the Outer Rim at this time, it does not mess with continuity as much.

Starting out with a lightsaber would be, IMHO, a bad idea. In both KOTOR and TSL the combat usually gets far too easy once you have a lightsaber. Having a blaster makes you appreciate the power of a lightsaber more.

Personally, in the Jedi Knight games and KOTOR games both I enjoyed fighting with a gun at first.

Having a lightsaber at level 1 might be a bit overpowered in the d20 system. But they could develop a system where it would not be that overpowered.

Another way they could balance it is with lightsaber forms....for instance, only at level 5 do you learn an offensive form. The default form would be offensively weak.

Getting a lightsabre right away would be boring! I like working towards my sabre and such . . .

To me, as mentioned, the context of "true Sith" now are those who were raised Sith or trained strictly as Sith, never as Jedi. Also, I take it to mean those who actually follow the code, rather than living up to Jedi stereotype to "prove" their sithiness. But that last one is of my own mind n_n

No lightsabre at level one! Make us work for it! It's an rpg for the Gods sakes! Why not just make it a first person shooter/sword . . . er . . . yeah . . . sword version of "shooter" anyone? Please? Need word here . . .

Anyhoo, they should definately reintroduce the lightsabre concept that we were told about so long ago but got scrapped without us knowing it until we pestered Atris constantly and wore out every conversation option and searched the whole damed place ready to slaughter every living being within until I got my old sabre back . . . *grumble* Sorry, rant. It's 4:30 in the morning O_o My point is thus: the idea that we could make a sabre, or do a bonus mission which would take more time and effort but would be worth it, as it would lead to us getting our original lightsabre back. Don't know the context in which a sabre would be taken from us in KOTOR III, but I thought it was a good idea when we first learned of it. :blink: Too bad I wasted time remembering and actually trying to get my old sabre in KOTOR II

If we have to start off as Jedi, please no sabre. It just wouldn't be fun.

Can we start off as Sith? No, I'm serious, I have like, a whole script in my head as to how that would work and it'd be fun . . .

Sorry, again, 4:30am.

Or maybe not.

I think this is a pretty good idea if the PC was Revan. It would fit in nicely with the KOTOR tradition of planet hopping and meddling in their affairs. Plus we'd get to see some unknown region worlds, so the designers could pretty much come up with anything they wanted.

Plus it would be a nice setup for the creation of original and powerful Sith Masters on each of the planets that you visit.