Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

Yeah; mostly; but still. Gotta be as 'proffesional' as possible. Besides, no matter how much work is put into a module; if it's full of typos it'll be oftputting to a degree no matter the quality of the actual material..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

... You need to register at the baords, yes ...

Um, not sure what I need to do .. I have a registered copy, and I am registered at NWN site ... is that what you mean?

I'm through to level 3 of the Chateau ... I'll send my comments to you directly (unless you have a better plan ...?)

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"I'm through to level 3 of the Chateau ... I'll send my comments to you directly (unless you have a better plan ...?)"

WOW! I know the mod isn't complete yet; but you are cruisin'. Eitehr email me directly or post it at the Guild Boards when youa ccept my invite which I just sent..

You can post what you thought and stuff here; but avoid spoilers if at all possible. :blink:

"And it has a few typos"

Ha. Few is such a kind word in this instance.

"You're the best, Magical Volo!

You're neat!"

Riiiggghhhttt!!!

"The Golem is too hard to beat, unless you are a munchkin ... or you are clever enough to pass the test!"

Hehe. There are actually 2-3 ways to ge tpast him without combat. o:)

... [1]WOW! I know the mod isn't complete yet; but you are cruisin'. Eitehr email me directly or post it at the Guild Boards when youa ccept my invite which I just sent..

[2]You can post what you thought and stuff here; but avoid spoilers if at all possible.  :)

[3]"And it has a few typos"

Ha. Few is such a kind word in this instance.

[4]"The Golem is too hard to beat, unless you are a munchkin ... or you are clever enough to pass the test!"

Hehe. There are actually 2-3 ways to ge tpast him without combat. :)

1. I did the cave, then straight to the Chateau ... didn't touch the graveyard as you said the statue (needed to enter the chateau) was inside.

2. Will do. (And I'll try to only post enough to get Baley's pavlovian juices flowing ... o:) )

3.Actually, surprisingly few typos: mainly transpositional, so no lost meaning (just comedy value). There are a couple of quests that seem to end, and not every event has a journal entry, but otherwise it is pretty sound. (More details in my brief.)

4. I guessed a few of the answers first time (probably get the answers by doing side quests, but I didn't do any and they didn't seem to difficult to guess, but then again I do like Games Theory and trying to break the system ... :- )

I started with a level 8 Paladin (+1 equipment max) and got pounded by the Golem in 1-3 rounds, before trying negotiating skills.

(The Slaads are near impossible owing to their regeneration.)

I will say also that the secret doors are very difficult to find (even when I know they're there). :("

Edit:

Accepted invite, posted first topic. :blink:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Got to love that you managed to misspell the word 'professional' too! "

Jesus H. Spaghetti. I hate typing. If something is gonna make me go mad making this module, it's gonna be my typing. (and, no, I won't use gonna in my mod)...

"1. I did the cave, then straight to the Chateau ... didn't touch the graveyard as you said the statue (needed to enter the chateau) was inside."

2. Will do. (And I'll try to only post enough to get Baley's pavlovian juices flowing ... )

3.Actually, surprisingly few typos: mainly transpositional, so no lost meaning (just comedy value). There are a couple of quests that seem to end, and not every event has a journal entry, but otherwise it is pretty sound. (More details in my brief.)

4. I guessed a few of the answers first time (probably get the answers by doing side quests, but I didn't do any and they didn't seem to difficult to guess, but then again I do like Games Theory and trying to break the system ... )

I started with a level 8 Paladin (+1 equipment max) and got pounded by the Golem in 1-3 rounds, before trying negotiating skills.

(The Slaads are near impossible owing to their regeneration.)

I will say also that the secret doors are very difficult to find (even when I know they're there).

Be careful about spoilers here, please. <>

1. Cool.

2. Ha. That's cool.

3.Hmm.. Most should have journal entries; though some are purposefull left out because either they're not full quests or to keep the player on their toes.

4. Some of the answers will only be seen if one partakes in the event that lets you know them when I add in requirement scripts.

5. Yes, secret doors are secret. :-"

6. Hehe. Salads always toos their enemies. (w00t) Don't forget, some of the enemies will be near impossible due to there being no henchmen at the moment. And, yeah, the golem is pretty much impossible solo as intended. :blink:

o:)

"Not even a highly trained fighter with great equipment ?"

No. Unless you bork and take a level 10+ one in. LOL You won't get any more xp than talking your way past him; though. o:)"

"So why is he so tough?"

He's a golem. :-

"So you don't circumvent all the role-playing with a munchkin."

And, he's a golem. LOL

Plus, when you face him in the final module you have henchmen with you most likely... which would mean he'll kill you all in 2 hits each. :blink:

"Aren't there faulty built golems"

Sure... but, he's not one of them. See the screenshot with him it - that hurts!

"I like A Fighter\Paladin Built "

Nothing wrong with that build. :blink:

He's a golem.

Aren't there faulty built golems :-"

So you don't circumvent all the role-playing with a munchkin.

I like A Fighter\Paladin Built :">

Yes, but this one seems in perfect working order. (Actually, I agree that Golems are too easy to beat in the OC. This one made meat patties out of my character, though!)

Paladins don't normally run around with their helmet up their drawstring; tactical ploys quite often allow the LG to avoid harming innocent -- even if the Golem is an automaton, it may be performing a critical role, and just destroying it because it's in your way is not a very lawful thing to do.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Unless you are given no choice...

Hey, Metal, I need you to repost your Golem thread at the Guild forum in the Playtester forum. Sorry for the inconvience. You didn't give me a chance to add you to the Speical Members section.. :- :ph34r: :p Once you repost the thread; i'll erase your old one. :-"

Unless you are given no choice...

Hey, Metal, I need you to repost your Golem thread at the Guild forum in the Playtester forum. Sorry for the inconvience. You didn't give me a chance to add you to the Speical Members section.. :p  :ph34r:  :o  Once you repost the thread; i'll erase your old one. :-"

Done. :-

Edited by metadigital

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ok. No problem. Yeah, that wa sno problem. For spoiler type stuff, best to put it in the Playtester forums if you have questsions/statements that might be spoilered. The golem itself is not a spoiler (since its shown in the screenshots); but what comes after might be. :-

Ok. No problem. Yeah, that wa sno problem. For spoiler type stuff, best to put it in the Playtester forums if you have questsions/statements that might be spoilered. The golem itself is not a spoiler (since its shown in the screenshots); but what comes after might be. :-

I am already growing to hate the Wicheta family ... :angry: :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ok. No problem. Yeah, that wa sno problem. For spoiler type stuff, best to put it in the Playtester forums if you have questsions/statements that might be spoilered. The golem itself is not a spoiler (since its shown in the screenshots); but what comes after might be. :p

I am already growing to hate the Wicheta family ... :angry: :-

A sign of a good mod :-