Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

"Are you thinking of using arQon's Enhanced Magic System?"

Never heard of it 'til now. Just checked it out. While many of their changes are good ones; many others are not so good. I'll pas. I would just have to change lots of their chnages anyways. Plus, it's a hak. I'm trying to avoid haks unless I absolutely need them as it's a relatively short mod.

"Your dialog options actually look very immersive."

Thanks. :blink:

"Where do I sign up?

Link to the download ...."

You don't sign up for qa'ing. Just pm me your email and I'll send you the latest version... Don't forget that certain things - most notbaley henchmen and spell changes have not been added yet...

"So 2 henchmen it is right?..."

Nope. My plan is different. It's 2 henchmen + charisma - minimum of 1 henchmen (only possible if you are dwarf) to a max of 10 (not possible in this mod; but likely later mods in the series)...

"what's the level most people reach at the end ?"

Level 7-9 (you start at 4-6).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"So for this mod what's max? 6?"

It would be 6 as there's only 6 available though you'd likely end up with 2-4 henchmen due to avrious story reasons; not all 6.

"10 henchmen...let me just say WOW...major skirmishes"

Yup. Not to mention dragon(s) (if there ar enay) later on would be virtually IMPOSSIBLE solo. At least combat wise; but dialogue not so much. <>

"So how many are you planing ?"

Mods? The series will be a 4 parter. And, yes, that means that NWN2 will be out before it's completed. I don't care either. This series will remain on NWN1 for NWN fans. Though; I will likely eventually make a NWN2 mod too soemtime...

You mean total henchmen available? By all end, it will likely be 20-30... The ghast I mentioned as an example henchmen is just one of the 'odd' henchmen you will have a chance to encounter.

"I can't waite to fight a bunch of Dragons with a party of 11"

You will never fight a 'bunch of dragons' in my mods. Dragons are rare and majestic creatures... They will all have lots of dialogue, and will be important - whether it's the 'main plot' or a major side quest doe snot matter.

"...btw how's the AI?"

Default HOTU - until the QA finds the AI weaknesses and I go from there to fix it...

You will never fight a 'bunch of dragons' in my mods. Dragons are rare and majestic creatures... They will all have lots of dialogue, and will be important - whether it's the 'main plot' or a major side quest doe snot matter.

So no NWN OC multi dragon fights :) ...at least they'll be tough right?

I mean not like the OC where you can defeat dragons without even getting hurt . :p:ermm:

Yes I meant mods :) ...sounds great :blink:

And the henchmen number sounds incredible :wub:

"So no NWN OC multi dragon fights"

Oh, I never said that wasn't possible. Afterall, dragons do have families. Espicially, good ones.LOL

For the record, I have a good amount of backstory, and ideas done for the later mods so I alreayd have an idea what they'll contain.

"at least they'll be tough right?"

That's the plan. If you think that golem doing 30 points of dmamage in a module intended for level 6-9 (by the time you reach him) is dnagerous; you ain't seen nothin' yet. The golem's not even the toughest battle in the module...

"And the henchmen number sounds incredible"

And, lots of work. But, fun work. <>

"Well at leat I finally understand your sig"

Ha. :D You'll know the Witchetas very well by the time all is done. And, you *will* hate them! :blink:

"So they're arogant nobles?"

They used to be royalty. Now, they're just 'common' nobility.

"Isn't there even a positive one"

Would you be if your family has fallen as much as they have? And, their collapse is still in free fall form.... Not happy campers, indeed.

P.S. Is there a mod around... to move this... non KOTOR topic... when I need it?

"So they come after you with a purpose?"

Who says they come after you? Remember, you are the one who comes looking into their mansion.. They don't even know you from Tom Dickens from down the street let alone to know you enoguht o come after you. LOL

Ye, like everyone else, are beneath the majesty of the Witchetas. :blink:"

- Your typical Witcheta to any non Witcheta.

"One of those screenshots shows George W. asking you to look for a family relic ...I thought That's how the main quest started"

No. The main quest starts when you continually hear rumours of a Wictehta mansion being haunted. You decided to check it out either due to curosity, greed, or a neeed to stop hauntings. Basiclaly, your character has various motivations for checking out the mansion.

"...so that quest is not forced on the player ? "

No. If you wanted to, you could kill George Witcheta then and there... or him, you...

"So will your motivations be stated in a conversation?"

Yes. If you wish to tell a npc wha they are... or you can lie and say your intentions are 'noble' while they truly aren't. And, you may even get away with such a lie!

Some npcs may very will ask you point blank why you are interetsed in the mansion...

"Is it posible to change your alignment from lawful to chaotic ?"

Yup. And, good to evil. Or the reverse of either of those...

"So how would a character change from lawful good to chaotic good ? '

Lying constantly to further their 'just' ends.

Stealing from coffins, and crypts.

Mouthing off to authority.

etc. etc. etc.

"So even Witchetas can be love interest ...this sounds better than HotU"

They may be what i said theyw ere; but they ar ehuman and are very varied espicially in reacting to their family's predicament 9which, btw, is them still being one of the most powerful families in the area or the world) even as they continue their fall.

Romance, hatred,, it is all possible when dealing with the Witchetas...

As for being better than HOTU.... eh... ok... That's well... we'll see.. <>