NWN: Hordes of the Underdark

I just did the levelling up. 15 levels. gah. reminded me of KoTOR2.

..I do remeber something called "cleave" that made it possible to attack mulpitle enemies in the same round but I couldnt find it now. Did they remove it?

I think it grants you an extra attack against a close enemy if you kill someone, but I could be wrong.

And no. It

I just did the levelling up. 15 levels. gah. reminded me of KoTOR2.

..I do remeber something called "cleave" that made it possible to attack mulpitle enemies in the same round but I couldnt find it now. Did they remove it?

Did you get Power Attack? The freat progression is Power Attack -> Cleave -> Great Cleave

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

"You've gained nerd IQ points."

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And you're too blue.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

aha, I thought power attack was the same as in KoTOR so I didnt take it until level 15. ble.

And what's up with RPG's and dungeons? Whats so exciting about a dungeon? I know its called "Dungeons & Dragons" but our swedish version "Dragons and Demons" hasnt got much demons in it at all. Is it just nerdy residue and tradition from the first D&D ?

dungeons suck.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just for your information kraftan "dungeons and dragons" and "drakar och demoner" don't have any relation to each other at all, drakar och demoner was if im not getting confused based of an old english game called basic roleplaying. But since it now has had like 5 editions or so I think its pretty safe to say that its a game of its own without ties to any english game...

But yes I share your confusion about whats so terribly fasinating about dungeons... terribly boring invention with very limited roleplaying posibilitys.

Just for your information kraftan "dungeons and dragons" and "drakar och demoner" don't have any relation to each other at all, drakar och demoner was if im not getting confused based of an old english game called basic roleplaying. But since it now has had like 5 editions or so I think its pretty safe to say that its a game of its own without ties to any english game...

They share the same niche in the RPG circles. "Drakar & Demoner" was and has always been the AD&D of Swedes. But I dont try to understand RPG history, I get the same feeling as when we were 12 year sold and tried to figure out how to play Khelataar and Wastelands... was it called that? The post-apocalyptic game where if you rolled so-and-so your characters life goal was to own a tank.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah I think it was called wastelands... never played it myself ...

tried khelataar but it was to much bother with the clunky rules :(

And yeah I guess your right about drakar being the closest swedish comparison to D&D.

Why not learn some RPG history the acumilation of useless knowlage should be a life goal in itself :p

But yes I share your confusion about whats so terribly fasinating about dungeons... terribly boring invention with very limited roleplaying posibilitys.

A good dungeon has quite a lot of roleplaying opportunities. There can be other adventuring parties, an Ogre Mage who though evil has some common interest with the party, an Evil Cleric collecting sacrifices for his dark god who would rather parley with the party than attack them. A good dungeon has roleplaying, just as a good roleplaying adventure has combat.

Some people prefer role play in their hack 'n' slash, some prefer hack 'n' slash in their role play. Most players, I think, want both sorts of adventures; a few sessions in the King's Court solving the mystery of the Princess' kidnapping, then a few sessions in the catacombs under the city seeking out the cultist temple where she is being held, for example. A change of pace is not a bad thing.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Hmm yeah I guess I can agree with that although I belong to the group that likes a bit of hack 'n slash with my roleplay so dungeons are usualy rather sparese in the campains I play in.

Don't think I have ever played a whole game session spent in a dungeon and I definetly don't feel like thats somenthing I need to try anytime soon...

But like you say it's justa question of playstyle.

Hmm yeah I guess I can agree with that although I belong to the group that likes a bit of hack 'n slash with my roleplay so dungeons are usualy rather sparese in the campains I play in.

Don't think I have ever played a whole game session spent in a dungeon and I definetly don't feel like thats somenthing I need to try anytime soon...

But like you say it's justa question of playstyle.

I know I prefer roleplay for the most part, but my players have rather different ideas. They enjoy roleplay, but only if it's taking them in the direction of an adventure. It makes them a very difficult group, because they start complaining if they're in a dungeon too long, but if they spend too long in a city setting, they start complaining that they never get to explore dungeons.

Maybe it's because my group is from the 16-bit era of CRPGs, because my D&D games are a hellva lot like Zelda in structure.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

And what's up with RPG's and dungeons? Whats so exciting about a dungeon?

D&D is Dragon and Dungeons but other systems dont head that way, Call of Chutullu is pretty much seeing how far can we play before the character becames mad and so the D&D system does not really fit in it without heavy changes.

I thinkKotOR series just shows exactly how a system compley fails to be used in a setting without the right modifications.

Dungeons are pretty much go back to Gary days, from what I taken he preferes dungeons crawls.

drakron.png

I just think Dungeons are a residue of tabletop gaming. If I wanted to run around disabling traps and seeking pointless treasure I might aswell play HeroQuest. The main fault of dungeons is that they're mostly just deadspots in the story thats just designed to slow down the players from progressing the story too fast. its always "oh, yes, but first you must go into the cave of death and find me the holy torturespoon." What we in Swedish would call "Transportstr

D&D did evolved from a tabletop stategy game.

I dont think its a "residue" from tabletop gaming, for example I rarely used on my campains, of course we cannot avoid the enemy bases and we have to keep a few places for exploration purposes.

drakron.png

I remember my dad (who was a D&D Basic through to AD&D 1e gamer) was of the kick-in-the-door style of play. Roleplaying in town was never more indepth than putting the barman up against the wall and shouting "Where's the dungeon?", and he used to say that if he wanted to sit around talking to people, he'd go to the pub.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

back to NWN.. Ive forgotten the finer details of playing, how do you look at a party members stats? And how do you get an NPC mage to learn new spells from scrolls?

Also, is there a Romance in HotU ?

back to NWN..  Ive forgotten the finer details of playing, how do you look at a party members stats? And how do you get an NPC mage to learn new spells from scrolls?

Also, is there a Romance in HotU ?

To see their stats, right-click on them or their portait, select "more options" from the radial menu, and then select "examine". Spells from scrolls I don't know. Maybe try just putting them in their inventory (same procedure as examine)?

As to Romance, yes, in chapters 2 and 3.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Even if you play with a female character?