Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

• Count Dooku
    • Mace Windu
    • Darth Sidious
    • Yoda
    • Anakin Skywalker(Pre-Vader)
    • Darth Revan
    • Darth Maul
    • Obi-wan Kenobi (luckiest jedi ever)
    • Darth Malak (LOL)

I am going to say Dooku. Since he is more experienced than Mace, and Mace almost kills sidious, Dooku is better than sidious and Mace. Also, Dooku only lost to Anakin because he was told to go easy on him. The only jedi that could beat Dooku was yoda, but yoda had to tap into the darksidee to beat him.

Mace Windu: Palpatine, we have come to arrest you.

Palpatine: Want a banana?

Mace Windu: ....

why exactly are you laughing?you were just proved to be a hypocrite,among other things.and besides,Mace developed a form that was fast and powerful,Dookue used an older technique that gave only speed,and Dooku is a good deal older,making him at a disadvantage.And no you can't say "well yoda's old but he can still own" because yoda is a different species,so far a species only seen twice in the entire history of the republic.

yoda doesn't tap into the darkside to best dooku..it is very clear in the movie that he absorbs the lighting and throws it back. He is only using dookus crap against him...he isn't creating the lighting he is redirecting it. Which is why you have a power called force absorb in games like jedi academy.

why exactly are you laughing?you were just proved to be a hypocrite,among other things.and besides,Mace developed a form that was fast and powerful,Dookue used an older technique that gave only speed,and Dooku is a good deal older,making him at a disadvantage.And no you can't say "well yoda's old but he can still own" because yoda is a different species,so far a species only seen twice in the entire history of the republic.

But...Dooku's style was older, but not weaker, in fact it was STRONGER!

It was older and outdated, because there hadn't been Jedi and Sith Wars in a LONG time...

Dooku's style is based off Saber VS Saber, Jedi VS Jedi VS Sith VS Sith Saber Fighting...not for defense from blasters or for protection and peace keeping....

so in the sense that the Jedi Stopped using his older style, only proves that they had become stale in the galaxy and weak by lack of practice....But if the Sith had always kept practicing and kept it fresh..I guess it would logically show that they were better saber fighters, against other ppl weilding a saber....so in that sense they could take over the Galaxy and Beat the jedi...o wait...that's what happens....silly me....so why are we having this discussion again?

yoda doesn't tap into the darkside to best dooku..it is very clear in the movie that he absorbs the lighting and throws it back.  He is only using dookus crap against him...he isn't creating the lighting he is redirecting it.  Which is why you have a power called force absorb in games like jedi academy.

I think he's talking about the Dark Renev..."meeting" book, haha, sorry about spelling...

I haven't read it but I've heard Dooku and Yoda meet up again and talk, and yoda has a dark past, somewhat, but also welcomes Dooku back to the order if he were to ever have a change of heart, I'm pretty sure they mention something about that in the book that I DID read...Labirynth of Evil...

:p" sorry if I dont read all the star wars stuff, also, If Mace was stronger than Dooku, he would have killed on the spot on Geonosis. Jango wouldnt be able to stop it. If Dooku was less skilled than Mace, Dooku would have not given him a smile and start to chat. Also, in star wars, age dosnt really play a part, look at Sion, and Traya, and Sidious. Also, when did I say "yoda's old but he still can own?" Again, I use the emoticons to get someone less angry, but it seems that twice you have misunderstood and said something bad. And how am I a hypocrite among other things. What "among other things" are you talking about. Its not my fault the guy dosnt read my posts! So that all of the sudden makes me hypocritical? And since your mister star wars fan, you should know that there are more than 2 "yoda's" I have read books dating inbetween kotor and swI-XI.

They havve "yoda's in them" I can alraeady name 3 yoda's.

1. Yoda

2. Vandar

3 Yaddle (or whatever the girl yoda on the councils name is)

Mace Windu: Palpatine, we have come to arrest you.

Palpatine: Want a banana?

Mace Windu: ....

It was older and outdated, because there hadn't been Jedi and Sith Wars in a LONG time...

Dooku's style is based off Saber VS Saber, Jedi VS Jedi VS Sith VS Sith Saber Fighting...not for defense from blasters or for protection and peace keeping....

so in the sense that the Jedi Stopped using his older style, only proves that they had become stale in the galaxy and weak by lack of practice....But if the Sith had always kept practicing and kept it fresh..I guess it would logically show that they were better saber fighters, against other ppl weilding a saber....so in that sense they could take over the Galaxy and Beat the jedi...o wait...that's what happens....silly me....so why are we having this discussion again?

No,his technique is one of the 7 forms of the Republic when He was a jedi,I'm saying HE is old,not his technique,it's only 10 or 15 years old.

:p"  sorry if I dont read all the star wars stuff, also, If Mace was stronger than Dooku, he would have killed on the spot on Geonosis.  Jango wouldnt be able to stop it.  If Dooku was less skilled than Mace, Dooku would have not given him a smile and start to chat.  Also, in star wars, age dosnt really play a part, look at Sion, and Traya, and Sidious.  Also, when did I say "yoda's old but he still can own?"  Again, I use the emoticons to get someone less angry, but it seems that twice you have misunderstood and said something bad.  And how am I a hypocrite among other things. What "among other things" are you talking about.  Its not my fault the guy dosnt read my posts!  So that all of the sudden makes me hypocritical? And since your mister star wars fan, you should know that there are more than 2 "yoda's"  I have read books dating inbetween kotor and swI-XI.

They havve "yoda's in them"  I can alraeady name 3 yoda's.

1. Yoda

2. Vandar

3  Yaddle (or whatever the girl yoda on the councils name is)

Besides,if you had read my full post,I was implying that you couldn't,not did,but couldn't say that,not that you did say"yoda is old but he can still own."

Actually in shatterpoint(clone wars novel)he has nightmares of how he could've killed dooku and stopped the war.

oh and yes,I was incorrect,there are three yoda's.

No,his technique is one of the 7 forms of the Republic when He was a jedi,I'm saying HE is old,not his technique,it's only 10 or 15 years old.

Well his technique is actually older than that, since no Jedi uses it any more....and are you saying that 800 year old Yoda and Grandpa Sidious aren't old as well??

lol...they have the force as their ally, Dooku isn't grandpa joey....

or maybe he is...wouldnt that be a ****ing TRIP!

im not talking about the lightning.  He is a crippled old alien who uses a cane.  He has to use the dark side to gain power.  Like luke did in ROTJ

when did Luke use the dark side?besides,Yoda didn't use the dark side,you think he got the position as Head of the Jedi Council from a raffle?he needs to be able to kick ass at any age to be the leader of the jedi order.