Star Wars RPG's

To the person who said they were suprized you have to pay 10 bucks it's a MMORPG.  Basically they keep patching and updating which is what you are paying for.  You are also paying for the server maintenance and other expenses.

The way to look at MMPORGs is what you save by not doing or buying other things rather than the

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Dunno about that.  I enjoyed Mercenaries, and I'm probably going to play Republic Commando.  The only recent release of theirs I wasn't too thrilled with was Battlefront.

Oh yeah, and in case it wasn't apparent from my posts, I don't intend on playing SW:Galaxies.  :D

Mercs was great. Republic Commando was mediocre and didnt really have any sort of SW vibe going. Add Lego SW to that list for me :D

I played Battlefronts solidly for a weekend , havnt paid it any attention since then.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is Lego Star Wars supposed to be good?  I just assumed it was a "kids" version of the Episode III game coming out.

Dont know I've only played the demo but I enjoyed it. I'd definately rather a gamepad though.

As for what it is, it's a series of scenarios from points of each movie. The demo is the begining of EPI.

Play the most memorable and exciting scenes from The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and the forthcoming Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Massive array of vehicles including Naboo fighters, pod racers, speeder bikes, and yet-to-be-unveiled vehicles from Revenge of the Sith

Over 30 playable characters

Two player 'drop in, drop out' mode

Free-play mode where unlocked characters can be played in different scenarios to the films.

Use 'The Force' to manipulate environments and objects in order to solve puzzles

Collectables that can be used to unlock hidden levels and vehicles

Authentic sounds from the films provided by Skywalker Studio

478327[/snapback]

It all depends if GL decides to make Movies 7-9.If he chooses not have him help turn those movies into RPG games. That would throw EU for a loop. :D

Star wars game set 1000 years in the future. The Jedi order has a raise of dark jedi again. However you are incharge of finding the dark jedi where you will get the choice of joining the dark jedi and raise in power to control the new dark order. Or you choose to stay loyal and fight the darkness and protect the light jedi order.

Maybe play as the first dark jedi that went to the sith planet. Learn about the race of sith while you slowly gain control of the planet and become their gods.

Maybe play in time before there are jedi or you play the first people to make up the jedi order. You could be the one that set the flaws in the jedi order that makes them have civil wars. Your teaching might be the reason the teaching every dark jedi finds. You have to prove to the Republic that supporting the jedi order is wise. You could help the Republic with there problems threw peaceful means or be a complete a**hole and the Republic choose to support the order just so you don't trun on it.

I hope they keep making SW RPG because these are the best SW games out there.

I'll get that new RTS LA makes, but then I'll look VERY carefully at ANY other games they make. I'll buy Kotor III for the heck of it (hey, I've wasted a healthy portion of my life on it already, why not?), but then I'll probably go into other RPG's and RTS's...

Bioware RPG's are awesome, imo. I hope Obsidian can pick up the pieces after Kotor II w/ NWNII. NWN was decent (I did it more for the blindingly obvious story and editor, really), and I really hope OE can come up with something even better.

Are Bioware and Obsidian partners or something? Both of OE's games have been sequels to Bioware games... :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

please keep the jedi and sith as a major factor to knights of the old republic.

for the fans of the force users, they're the only games we have, unless they resurrect jedi academy, which was an action game anyway. i don't touch commando or galaxies or rogue squadron. thanks for pointing out the force thing in galaxies btw. not that i play mmorpg's anyway, but that clinches it.

the advantage to keeping the series in the old republic era is that there's so much room to play with the story, BUT, the force users are generally considered to be stronger than the movie era or new jedi era. on that note, it's nice to be the focus of the story, but revan and the exile were just too powerful. tone the pc down a bit in the future, he/she doesn't have to be teh uber superhero. can't please everyone though i guess.

on the jedi note, to be honest with you, i race through the first planet in kotor to get to dantooine. (although wandering around the fields outside gets to be dreadful). in kotor 2, you start out a jedi, kinda, but again it's a matter of racing through your first 7 levels until you get to really interact with anything. they do make you earn the lightsabre though...things got to be like candy in kotor...

i'd be happy being a jedi/sith at the start of the game, but just tone down the power level.