What is beyond the "Outer Rim"?

Where do you think Revan has gone?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Revan has gone?

• A physical world with a higher tech-level
    • An physical world populated by powerful archaic races
    • A transcendent sphere of pure thought
    • The next level of consciousness
    • Total oblivion
    • The horror, the horror
    • I would prefer it to stay a mystery
    • Other (see my post below)

There is one other possability Revan could have run into the Vong

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

It's quite possible that Revan never made it there at all.

If Malachor and Korriban were on the very 'fringe' of the true Sith empire, it could be huge, composed of many systems. Perhaps it is ruled by an ancient race which transcend anything ever encountered, but that doesn't mean everything under their control is. If Revan ran afoul of one of these other races, he may have been taken prisoner or been forced into hiding (not an easy thing for a Jedi very strong in the Force). Exile, on the other hand, is barely detectable, quite capable of conducting a search for the missing Revan and breaking him out.

I guess I would prefer that type of scenario than actually confronting a 'master race', because frankly, hints of the unknown are much scarier than seeing what it is up close and personal. Not to mention that it's very hard to portray a 'metaphysical' being. The cheesy 'floating brain' image doesn't work for me.

But I do want Revan and Exile back in the sequel(s). The new-padawan scenario is old hat, dontcha think? Let's do something different. I'd be much less interested in investing in a whole new character and his/her story, than in picking up with two characters I already know and like very much. (The rest of the cast is obvious--Carth, Canderous, et al) That way much more game could be spent on the actual story. There are enough things we don't know about these characters to balance it out, and the interaction between the two would be interesting as well--especially if neither knows if they can really trust the other. And there are always new party characters to spice up the mix. These folks could have honest sympathies ... or they 'could' be spies.

The 'Level' aspect of the rpg can be handled, with a little honest creativity.

As far as the story goes (just spitballing), perhaps Revan has discovered a flaw in the Sith technology, but was unable to get to the plans, or whatever, that would allow Bao-Dur, or whoever, to build it. First Exile must find him/her, then the 'escape', then a little honest undercover work to get to it... Well, you get the idea.

The threat of the true Sith can remain, always lurking at the edge of known space, for all I care. Maybe it is not a battle that can be fought, to quote Kreia. If the best we can do is to give the Republic some breathing space, that's enough.

IMHO.

:thumbsup:

Oh come on we all know whats out there; Vong as far as the eye (w00t) can see

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Guest Dowie100

An Ancient Sith Word, that is similar to that one in the EP3 trailer, you know the fire an all, The final Battle I see in a Giant Pyramid or Temple

I know that on atleast one side of the outer rim is the "Taint"

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Also, somewhere out there are the Ssi'ruuk and the Vong - after all, Canderous talks about an encounter with a coralskipper in the first KOTOR.

So that's what it was. Damn, I must say I'm a bit disappointed by this. I was hoping they would have made up something new and interesting but no. They had to draw upon the unspeakable lameness of the EU. >_<

I seem to remember someone "official" hinting that it was, in fact, a "shout out" to the Yuuzhan Vong, I suppose as an Easter Egg for EU buffs.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Why choose anything else when you can get?

"the horror... the horror.."

Ive heard from secure sources that K3 will take al lot of influence from the first drafts of "Apocapyspe Now". It'll be about this cool guy who goes to find a lost Jedi Master who is holed up and doped up on a jungle planet. And thats just the intro, the actual game consists of guiding your character through his widly psychadelic trips on Mandalorian mescaline.

(Apocalypse Now aka "psychedelic soldier" original screenplay)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, I would like to think that it was a highly symbolic spiritual journey for both Revan and the Exile in a sense, requiring spiritual strength more than physical machines (Kreia said as much), but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the entire journey was literally a metaphysical one. I don't think it involved "transcending reality" to reach some higher plane of existence. I think it would still consist of visiting various mysterious and unexplored planets and whatnot.

I think the main point behind Kreia's comments regarding how Revan knew he would not need machines and such where he was going, was simply to compliment Kreia's other statement. "Have we? You thought the corrupted remnants of the Republic, the machines and ships spawned by Revan, were the Sith?" I think it was also intended to compliment how characters throughout the game expressed how Revan knew "the true war" of the Jedi Civil War was going to be the one fought between Jedi, not warships, droids, or soldiers. I think Revan simply recognized that his war in the Unknown Regions was going to be one fought between beings in tune with the Force. As such, the journey most likely required a large amount of spiritual strength, both within one's self and within the Force.

I'm just so giddy about Knights of the Old Republic III, it's ridiculous. I have so much hope for KotOR III because it has so much potential. I just hope whoever was responsible for Obsidian's bullsh*t "time period to complete the game in" is fired and will never work in this business again. I simply do not wish for such a wonderful game franchise to "perish at the hands of ineptitude."

I think that the Unknown Regions are...well...I have an idea of what it's going to be like in my mind's eye, but it's just so hard to descibe. I hope I'm not the only one that feels that way. It's sort of like a really hot girl in a dream. You can remember seeing her face in the dream, but you can't remember it very well afterward. Or...something to that effect.