Jedi Weapon master...

I have become level 15, and kreia wants me to become a Jedi Watchman, Jedi Master or Jedi Weapon Master. Can i wait? SHOULD i wait? If it is possible to wait i think i will wait to level 25...do i loose any feats or posers if i become Weapon master now/Later?

I have become level 15, and kreia wants me to become a Jedi Watchman, Jedi Master or Jedi Weapon Master. Can i wait? SHOULD i wait? If it is possible to wait i think i will wait to level 25...do i loose any feats or posers if i become Weapon master now/Later?

If you wait it will mean less levels in your new prestige class. Normal play has about 30 levels which is a 15/15 split.

The prestige classes have many additional feats/powers, especially the weapon master.

I dont really see much reason to wait, but it's your character :devil:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well if i don't loose any feats if i become Weapon master i'll do that...though i wonder why the class change it so early, you can become level 50..so class change should be when you where level 25...

Technically you cant become level 50, that will only happen if you exploit some loopholes.

The top normal level is 30(ish) which would give you the same sort of split as 25/25 if you could actually reach level 50.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well it's not difficult to become level 50...one of my friends killed mosters in a tomb in korriban, every time you enters the jedi's corpse one more creature appears. then, Kill them all!

Yes thats what I mean by exploiting a loophole.

478327[/snapback]

Exploiting loopholes is a waste of time. You won't be any more powerful than your enemies since they are buffed up as you grow more powerful. Its only visible consequence is that things such as Force powers, grenades and blasters are each time less and less effective at the higher levels.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Regardless of whether you exploit loopholes or not, any bonuses to your prestige class, stack with your original class.

Jedi Sense and Greater Jedi Sense both continue giving you bonuses every so many levels. So there's absolutely no reason not to take a prestige class. You'd lose out on a hefty defense, damage absorption, and saber damage boost by sticking with your original class. I haven't personally tried to go up to 50, but even a Sith Marauder (DS Weapons Masters) is still gaining bonuses at level 18.

Besides, on the 3 original classes you can start out with, most of their top end abilities are acquired by level 12.

The other downside is, if you stick with your original class, you lock yourself into it's saber forms, which may or may not be what you ultimately want if your prestige class is different.

I'd take Juyo over Niman any day. :devil:

The only thing nice about higher levels is that the loot gets better. If the loot wasn't so darned elusive then maybe exploiting the xp loopholes would not be so enticing. I really think the random loot generator needs an overhaul.

You are better off with the recovering mines for xp trick so you can control the levels you want. Otherwise, when in Korriban, as the xp exploit is one time only, the player usually feels the need to level up the character as high as possible. I missed the spawning monsters in Tattooine from Kotor1 :thumbsup: .

I didn't feel the force powers were any less effective though with levelling up. Some that do fixed damage would of course start to suck (Force scream) but Force storm becomes devastating. Incapacitating powers are a bit tricker though for some enemies. For example, high level laigreks saved against stasis field a lot if the player character build is not an optimized force user.

I didn't feel the force powers were any less effective though with levelling up.  Some that do fixed damage would of course start to suck (Force scream) but Force storm becomes devastating.  Incapacitating powers are a bit tricker though for some enemies.  For example, high level laigreks saved against stasis field a lot if the player character build is not an optimized force user.

Force Storm and Force Crush are devastating no matter what. But any power whose effectiveness is strongly dependant on a failed save is quite useless. The Stun and Fear trees for instance become a joke when a boma gets a +25 to their will save due to autobalance reasons. The game is completely broken at the higher levels and combat becomes a snorefest (even more).

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well in Malachor V, stasis field was very useful against the Storm beasts and the enemy Siths but that was with a 30 wisdom and 18 charisma level 43 weaponmaster (not having the circlet of saresh and other boosting items does make a difference). So I wouldn't say that these powers are useless.

Right. So now Jedi depend on baubles and miscellaneous thrash to effectively wield the Force. Whatever. :thumbsup:

But any power whose effectiveness is strongly dependant on a failed save is quite useless. The Stun and Fear trees for instance become a joke when a boma gets a +25 to their will save due to autobalance reasons. The game is completely broken at the higher levels and combat becomes a snorefest (even more).

which in effect ruin those force powers, making them a waste to even pursue. :thumbsup:

My Sentinel/Watchwoman had about level 27 and got easy through with force-lightning. If you have three or more enemies, you do the most damage per turn with force-lightning. It was almost boring. Otoh, fighting enmies for hours and hours without any dialogues in between would have been even more boring... :)