Cant complete Telos gas quest

Ok, so after Telos I went to Dxun and Onderon, then Nar Shaddaa, then back to Onderon to save the queen. Then I went to Telos to tell Lt Grenn about the new fuel source from Vogga the Hutt. The thing is the game wont let met tell him. I approach him and he says "Youre back" and my only options are "nevermind" and asking about bounties. :wacko:

The quest is always immediately transferred to the inactive file as soon as I get Vogga to agree to sell Telos fuel... only I don't think it's supposed happen that way. My log always tells me that I should let Lt Grenn know immediately... except, of course, Grenn doesn't give me the chance to tell him.

Worse, he complains bitterly at the end game about being without fuel! Makes me crazy. o:)

The quest is always immediately transferred to the inactive file as soon as I get Vogga to agree to sell Telos fuel...

OK, so the quest is indeed technically closed ...

...  My log always tells me that I should let Lt Grenn know immediately... except, of course, Grenn doesn't give me the chance to tell him.

... but in a KotOR game we would expect Lt Green to reflect that fact ...

Worse, he complains bitterly at the end game about being without fuel!  Makes me crazy. :devil:

... which means he should probably be griping about Vogga's cut-throat fuel price instead. :D

One way of making sure might be poking around in the Dialog.TLK file, to see if there are corresponding convo options for the good Lt which just failed to trigger. Can't do it right now, gotta go to work (after only 3 hours of sleep <_< ... but we are in the Monthly Billing phase now, so it is pretty much par for the course).

• Like 1

One way of making sure might be poking around in the Dialog.TLK file, to see if there are corresponding convo options for the good Lt which just failed to trigger. Can't do it right now, gotta go to work (after only 3 hours of sleep <_< ... but we are in the Monthly Billing phase now, so it is pretty much par for the course).

It appears that this is a bug, as all the dialog for informing Grenn about the new fuel source is there. After some digging it looks like the problem is that a variable is set one too high on Vogga's dialog when you inform him you have dealt with Goto. After changing this I could talk to Grenn about the fuel source.

If you know how to dig around in the data files, you could fix this fairly easy with a GFF Editor. This is what I did:

1) Open the file 303NAR_dlg.erf (in the Modules folder) and extract Vogga.dlg from it. You can use nwhak.exe to do this if you have it (a utility that comes with Neverwinter Nights), or the ERF Editor if you don't have that (select the file in the treeview and choose export in the menu).

2) Open vogga.dlg in the GFFEditor.

3) In the GFFEditor treeview, find "EntryList" and inside that find "30".

4) For that entry, change "ActionParam1" to 4. The value is 5 as standard.

5) Save the edited Vogga.dlg in the Override folder.

As long as you haven't already spoken to Vogga about having dealt with Goto, this should enable you to speak with Grenn about the fuel and receive the reward from him for solving the fuel situation, after you have spoken to Vogga with the fixed dialog.

Even the end-game is reflected by this and he no longer mentions a lack of fuel when you speak to him then.

Just remember to remove vogga.dlg from your override folder later when the patch is released.

• Like 1

OK, I had the exact same problem, and applying the situation above, there is no way. Why the hell should I go in and edit code?!? The solution may work, but again, it's like finding a problem with a new appliance and the store saying, "fix it yourself." I refuse to go in and edit code and do all the other fixes that smart gamers do. NO! I want to open the box and play the game the way it should be played. I'll leave the code writing and editing to the developers.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=30303

Kudos to you stoffe for that, I just assumed that the quest was a little funky from the round-about way I took when dealing with Vogga for the fuel.

Does the conversation with Grenn result in G0T0 recognising that you've stabilised Telos too? Or is there no such conversation?

Kudos to you stoffe for that, I just assumed that the quest was a little funky from the round-about way I took when dealing with Vogga for the fuel.

Does the conversation with Grenn result in G0T0 recognising that you've stabilised Telos too? Or is there no such conversation?

I haven't checked, but somehow I doubt the floating orb would be too eager to praise you for

dealing with his rival, wrecking his operations on Nar Shadaa and blowing up his ship

in order to arrange a fuel source for Telos. :p

Oh, I didn't say he should be rewarding me (though that would be nice too...), but in our own round-about way we did do what he wanted us to do... ;D

During my initial clueless run-around on Nar Shadaa getting fuel ended up being more of a series of joyful (or not so - in G0T0's case) coincidences. Plus he gets a free ride with the crew of awesomeness.

Still, thanks once again. I was always bummed that Lt. Grenn ignored me so often (I also managed to break the smuggling quest on Telos with him too. xD)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say thankyou to you stoffe -mkb- for the below solution to the Telos Fuel Quest problem. I have to admit I thought it would be pretty daunting, but downloaded the packages from Bioware and had solved it in about 10 minutes (Including install time! :- )

So thankyou, very, very much... I have now solved the Fuel for Telos mission :geek:

It appears that this is a bug, as all the dialog for informing Grenn about the new fuel source is there. After some digging it looks like the problem is that a variable is set one too high on Vogga's dialog when you inform him you have dealt with Goto. After changing this I could talk to Grenn about the fuel source.

If you know how to dig around in the data files, you could fix this fairly easy with a GFF Editor. This is what I did:

1) Open the file 303NAR_dlg.erf (in the Modules folder) and extract Vogga.dlg from it. You can use nwhak.exe to do this if you have it (a utility that comes with Neverwinter Nights), or the ERF Editor if you don't have that (select the file in the treeview and choose export in the menu).

2) Open vogga.dlg in the GFFEditor.

3) In the GFFEditor treeview, find "EntryList" and inside that find "30".

4) For that entry, change "ActionParam1" to 4. The value is 5 as standard.

5) Save the edited Vogga.dlg in the Override folder.

As long as you haven't already spoken to Vogga about having dealt with Goto, this should enable you to speak with Grenn about the fuel and receive the reward from him for solving the fuel situation, after you have spoken to Vogga with the fixed dialog.

Even the end-game is reflected by this and he no longer mentions a lack of fuel when you speak to him then.

Just remember to remove vogga.dlg from your override folder later when the patch is released.

You'll find it at

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override

Assuming that you installed to the default folder

Hope this helps

DarkPaladin

(PS I completed the game, and it did register that the quest had been solved (w00t)

Hm, where is the Override folder located at please? I can't seem to find it.

Also, maybe this same tactic could be used to solve the other "missing" quests in the game. Have you done this with any others?

You'll find it at

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override

Assuming that you installed to the default folder

Hope this helps

DarkPaladin

(PS I completed the game, and it did register that the quest had been solved  (w00t)

Hm, where is the Override folder located at please? I can't seem to find it.

Also, maybe this same tactic could be used to solve the other "missing" quests in the game. Have you done this with any others?

Man, I think somehow my Override folder got deleted. I can find the folder in KotOR but not in KotOR II. I tried creating my own Override folder but that didn't work. :lol:

*sigh* Sometimes I hate computers.

My game didn't install an override folder either...nor did it install the dialoge file (I copied it from the CD to look at it).

No, my game isn't broken. It works fine. And in case you're wondering, the game rarely reads off the CD either...(edit - sorry, I mean CD not HD - ie, it's not accessing a file on the CD to make up for not having the dialoge file on HD)

I wonder tho if some versions of the game don't install it (I'm in the US), because I'm not the only one I've seen say they're not there. Probably not, but it's a curious thing.

I created an override folder and it worked for a couple things, but the dialoge editor doesn't recgonize the dialoge file (even tho I copied it in the proper directory) and hence, won't work.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well besides from the people not having Override folders (I just checked, don't have one either), has anyone made a downloadable copy of the edited file - saves us all doing that same edit.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...